Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself up to 3 times a day. Trying to cut it down to once a week is so difficult!

Baby steps. Try cutting down to once a day first, for example. Then maybe once every other day.

Although, in my opinion, as long as it isn't freaking you out, it doesn't matter how often you weigh yourself. The only time it matters is if it is having a negative effect on you mentally.

This. I weigh myself everyday and track in on a weight trend app. That way, the daily fluctuations don't bother me as much, as long as I see it going down over time.

I do only log the loss in MFP though, so they feel like victories!

I do exactly the same thing. Happy Scale app for daily logging, losses get added to MFP.

My smart scale is connected to MFP so while it does not announce when I gain weight, it announces every loss and looks like I am losing more than I am, for instance if I gain a couple lbs water weight one day and it is gone the next it announces the 2 lb loss even though it might be the same weight I was two days ago.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

Where I work if you prove that you can do the job they give you more. There is no barometer for how hard you worked to get it done.

Positive follow up - I told my boss yesterday I was bored and he wants me to learn the job of a co-worker to relieve some of his stress, so yippee, no more boring work days for a while!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

Where I work if you prove that you can do the job they give you more. There is no barometer for how hard you worked to get it done.

Positive follow up - I told my boss yesterday I was bored and he wants me to learn the job of a co-worker to relieve some of his stress, so yippee, no more boring work days for a while!

Excellent! Being bored at work is awful (speaking from experience lol)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm

I got my hair all chopped off last month, and now I wish I'd gotten it cut shorter.
    Then, over the weekend, after being a blonde for 16-17 years, I colored my hair red. It was time for a change!

It's only hair, it will grow back... Apparently, mine grows an inch per week.

Awesome! Do you like having red hair? Have you put a pic up?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm

I got my hair all chopped off last month, and now I wish I'd gotten it cut shorter.
    Then, over the weekend, after being a blonde for 16-17 years, I colored my hair red. It was time for a change!

I guess I haven't. It's red in my new profile pic, but it's pretty small, huh?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I guess I haven't. It's red in my new profile pic, but it's pretty small, huh?

Oh sorry, it is small. I'll click on your name and look. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    o

Yay! glad you'll be learning something new
  • vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I stare at my sons Halloween candy on a daily basis, wishing I could eat it all. The good thing is I only eat a couple pieces a day, not even. I still stare at it though..haha creeper
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Good I would rather look at the time and realize that it's past lunch time then wonder if the clock could move any slower.
  • raymax4
    Options
    I stare at my sons Halloween candy on a daily basis, wishing I could eat it all. The good thing is I only eat a couple pieces a day, not even. I still stare at it though..haha creeper

Staring will not effect your goals!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Good I would rather look at the time and realize that it's past lunch time then wonder if the clock could move any slower.

Me too! !!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

This is great! Good positioning for a new future opportunity.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I thought it looked redder. Change is good! And yay! For red hair! I know you did it for Halloween but I didn't realize you were keeping it - good for you.
  • Oberon21
    Options

When you are competent and get the work done quickly, you win more work. When you are incompetent and the boss has to ride you (you like what I did there?) to get anything done, you will get less work because it's easier for the boss to give it to the competent people.

I've been guilty of doing this. I try not to, but sometimes I still do.

But if the better employees also get the opportunities and the bonuses and the bigger raises and promotions then I don't see a problem.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ooh did I miss this pic? Is it in random pictures? I'll have to go look.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Sorry POF. I haven't posted a pic. I have not got around to it. I usually run when I see a camera so posting a picture of myself is akin to getting a tooth pulled
  • raymax4
    Options

Sorry POF. I haven't posted a pic. I have not got around to it. I usually run when I see a camera so posting a picture of myself is akin to getting a tooth pulled

Thats me, but since I'm usually the one behind the camera I don't get much exercise from it.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Thats me, but since I'm usually the one behind the camera I don't get much exercise from it.

Me too as I don't like the way I look in pics. Especially "selfies" as the facial angle is always off.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Failed at 55 lbs on OHP. I'll try it again next time.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Incidentally I got my hair cut too. 6 inches and its still longer than shoulder length. I meant to cut it before summer but never got around to it. Evidently I hadn't cut my hair since February. Boy do I feel light headed.