June Walking Challenge - Break a sweat!

Replies

• Sorry to hear about the knee Kate.
    That's an obstacle alright.
    Hope you recover quickly.

Good Morning Peeps.

Get back to work!
    Those minutes and miles won't walk themselves off !
    :D
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    4.3 miles for me today - Just a quick walk round the park then off to work and back.

Mosaix be sure to take care of yourself. Your walking can come later... If you are being lazy - then just get out there and work harder in future to make it up! (Does that count as a friendly kick up the butt? :laugh:) Anyway, take care! :flowerforyou:
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    30 minutes yesterday! Going to try for 40 today if I get out before the heat sets in. It's going to be 98 and HUMID today!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    I'm at 15.5 as of last night - will have to put all my numbers in from today through the weekend on Monday, if I am not able to login while gone...
    Have a great weekend everyone, and keep on walking! :glasses:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Another speedwork day - 2.5 miles in 35 minutes. Managed to sustain 4.5 mph for 15 minutes and did a couple of short intervals at 5 mph. Thought I really was going to fly - right off the treadmill!!! Big walk is Saturday night, so I'm on rest until then! Happy walking folks.

exercise.png
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    It is sooo hot here 98 degrees - weather service says it feels like 113. :drinker: Walked any way - just put the sun screen on – opened up the umbrella and got the miles in early this morning instead of waiting until noon.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    37 minutes last night. :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    80 minutes today! still didn't finish my movie.:grumble:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Only 30 min again tonight, so humid here today. They have been calling for thunderstorms since yesterday, I just wish it would pour already! :grumble:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    4.5 miles today
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Dang rain. I know we need it, but it has kept me indoors for the past 2 days. No walking for me. This is when a treadmill would come in handy. I had decided to wait till closer to winter, wishing I had bought it sooner.

Good luck everyone. Keeping my fingers crossed for some clear weather tomorrow
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    This is great!! I'm in! I'm going to set up my ticker tonight and start tomorrow!!
  • Miss_Sissy
    Miss_Sissy Posts: 27 Member
    I'm in
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    3 miles this morning at 3 mph. I am loving this!

I clipped Izzy's (my little brown dog's) toenails yesterday and she liked our walk much better. The weather was perfect - in the mid-70's. That won't last though and I'm going to have to get out earlier to beat the heat.

Linda, congrats on your new land speed record. You are really bookin'.

It's funny, I can be walking fast :wink: only to realize I'm walking at the same speed as someone else who's strolling along at a leisurely pace. :noway:
  • Mrs. Grands, I second the "I am loving this" part.

40 minutes daily from nothing just a few weeks ago.

We can all attest to how GOOD it feels once we reach that first moment of realization that says "Hey! I can feel this, and I LIKE IT!"

It easily trumps any aches and pains because what that energy provides to the soul, it's just beyond the physical.

I whish you all some of that positive energy today Peeps!

It's sooo worth it!! :bigsmile:
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Did 50 minutes today- 4 miles!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    50 minutes yesterday. I jogged 1/2 a mile in 5.5 minutes! I was so excited! Granted after the 1/2 mile I was pretty much ready to pass out, so I wouldn't have been able to keep jogging, but still, thats a huge improvement. When I first started trying to lose weight I was lucky to walk half a mile without panting for air, and now I can jog one. Its crazy~
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Hi Walkers!!
    I'm still here - had a minor foot injury which held me up some this week ( right after I got my Reebok Train Tones too!!! Dang it!! But that's okay .... back at it after work .... 15miles done so far this moth but no where near what i had planned.. Still going to give it my best .
    Thanks to all who keep posting ~ it's been very helpful to me and has helped me stay motivated !!

Back later to update ticker for 2 days ago and whateber I get done tonight !!

Janet
  • lindaj07
    Another speedwork day - 2.5 miles in 35 minutes. Managed to sustain 4.5 mph for 15 minutes and did a couple of short intervals at 5 mph. Thought I really was going to fly - right off the treadmill!!! Big walk is Saturday night, so I'm on rest until then! Happy walking folks.

exercise.png

Just got to read your post now (8.20pm Fri) SUCH impressive speed! You're going to do great tomorrow - the pavements of Edinburgh will be sizzling! Have a great time!

Mimi - I think that Flausa's idea about shortening your step and moving your arms is what's doing it for me. You could have a try to see if it works? You're really clocking up those miles, Gal!
  • lindaj07
    50 minutes yesterday. I jogged 1/2 a mile in 5.5 minutes! I was so excited! Granted after the 1/2 mile I was pretty much ready to pass out, so I wouldn't have been able to keep jogging, but still, thats a huge improvement. When I first started trying to lose weight I was lucky to walk half a mile without panting for air, and now I can jog one. Its crazy~

That's just brilliant! What an achievement! Not crazy - just sheer willpower and detemination! Congrats!