Personal Trainer & Weight Management Certified here to help!

Options

Replies

• DoughtyLittleSecret
    Options
    Are there certifications for Bro Science and Googling stuff?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    megacrump wrote: »
    I'm at a plateau. Dropped 17 pounds, and stuck. I do cardio twice a day (morning 2 miles and afternoon 2 miles), I alternate leg day and arm day, I watch my intake on food and make better choices.

How can I get past this? I've been stuck for about 3 weeks now. The scale hasn't moved.

You should probably start your own thread...this one has enough going on :wink:

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'm at a plateau. Dropped 17 pounds, and stuck. I do cardio twice a day (morning 2 miles and afternoon 2 miles), I alternate leg day and arm day, I watch my intake on food and make better choices.

How can I get past this? I've been stuck for about 3 weeks now. The scale hasn't moved.

I reset my calorie goals every month, are you still eating as much as you were 17 pounds ago?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

Only on MFP is this even a debate.

People like to major in the minors here...it's often a quick snipe and not a full blown explanation of the mentality the "seasoned" users are trying to fight in perceived newbies, and often it comes out "wrong", I agree. The "oh, I must eat 100% clean to be healthy" mentality is one we might have seen fail in ourselves and friends.

But ninerbuff kind of explained the mentality a lot of users "fight". Another of our mods explained how even a gummy bear is beneficial in context.

No one, however, would argue that a donut is just as nutrient dense as broccoli.

Right. No one is making that argument. "Nutrient dense" isn't a synonym for "healthy." That X is more "nutrient dense" than Y doesn't mean it's always a better, or healthier, choice than Y.

Been in fitness for numerous years and have studied anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
    64078106.png
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    omsz8ig90mbl.png

I'd rather eat 1500 cals of donuts any day than endure that sheet.

OOPS...exceeded your sugar macro there too...
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options

I am guessing that they didn't read the entire thread & thus doesn't know that the OP; is gone.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure anyone wants to be near me if I eat 115g of fiber...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

I am guessing that they didn't read the entire thread & thus doesn't know that the OP; is gone.

Yeah I just totally had a ~face palm~ moment...I forgot what the original post was about lololol

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    omsz8ig90mbl.png

I wasn't going to comment on any of this because it's so ridiculous, but this finally hit close to home because I ate a pound of cauliflower last night and thought I was going to die. 9.7 pounds of broccoli would definitely be the end of me.

On the other hand, 1500 calories of donuts is what, like...4-5 donuts? I could do that and only that every day for at least a couple weeks, I bet. Especially if I got a little vitamin C from the jam-filled ones.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options

Yeah I just totally had a ~face palm~ moment...I forgot what the original post was about lololol

Welcome to my world!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

Welcome to my world!

I think the page about clotted cream confused me and I lost track
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    omsz8ig90mbl.png

I wasn't going to comment on any of this because it's so ridiculous, but this finally hit close to home because I ate a pound of cauliflower last night and thought I was going to die. 9.7 pounds of broccoli would definitely be the end of me.

On the other hand, 1500 calories of donuts is what, like...4-5 donuts? I could do that and only that every day for at least a couple weeks, I bet. Especially if I got a little vitamin C from the jam-filled ones.

I've done a pound of cauliflower. And a pound of broccoli (not at the same time). Both were without issue. I can handle a lot of fiber.

I think 9.7 pounds would be a bridge too far.

Rabbit mentioned a cork? I think I might just explode if that sucker was lodged in too tight. Either that or I'd put someone's eye out.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How much time would it take to down 9.7 lbs of broccoli?? Broccoli is my favorite food, but eeeeeeeeck. I have trouble after 300 grams.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    omsz8ig90mbl.png

Do apple fritters count as donuts? (They sell them at the donut shop!) Then you could get some fruit, too! :mrgreen:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a consensus.

So at a dose of 1500 daily calories and a context of exclusively, doughnuts are generally accepted to be healthier (and safer) than broccoli.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @SLLRunner
    @CoffeeNCardio
    @ninerbuff
    @rabbitjb
    I am sure I am missing others but I just wanted to thank you for your contribution to this post and to MFP overall. Your posts have been helping me and sure will because I have a long journey ahead.
    I have lost 20 lbs in slightly more than two months eating bread and butter, white rice and pasta, ice cream and chips, wine and beer.
    Arguments ad hominem are against forum guidelines so I won't say anything about OP. Enough said.
  • sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So I'm assuming the information from the op can be disregarded?? Good cause I use white bread on all of my subs.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    So I'm assuming the information from the op can be disregarded?? Good cause I use white bread on all of my subs.

But was it a special occasion? Because the OP said it was ok on special occasions B)B)

• sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

But was it a special occasion? Because the OP said it was ok on special occasions B)B)

:D
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options