Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Incidentally I got my hair cut too. 6 inches and its still longer than shoulder length. I meant to cut it before summer but never got around to it. Evidently I hadn't cut my hair since February. Boy do I feel light headed.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Incidentally I got my hair cut too. 6 inches and its still longer than shoulder length. I meant to cut it before summer but never got around to it. Evidently I hadn't cut my hair since February. Boy do I feel light headed.

I laughed!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

I laughed!
    Me too
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel the need to share/rant and maybe make you all feel better about annoying work colleagues. May get lengthy so I apologise in advance....
    Background - There are 3 people in my team. Two of us have worked here for 5+ years and we got a new guy earlier this year. Even though we are more experienced, we are all technically on the same level so have been having some issues with managing him. He doesn't complete work, goes missing for hours etc but we are not in a position to pull him up on this. It all came to a head last Thursday when we had an extremely busy day setting up offices/meeting spaces etc and really needed to all pull together. The new guy kept going missing at the worst times ( went out for lunch for the one hour we had to clear a canteen out of furniture and set up meeting space for 140 staff!) Also threw a tantrum when asked to do anything. Anyway, we'd had enough and when he went home we were talking about him in the office and about how moody he was, how he never updated us on anything, never completed works or showed interest in current projects etc. Well, the next day he came in and was super happy , apologised for the previous day, asked questions about projects, updated outstanding works. Made us a bit paranoid and we were joking that he was spying on us but obviously that would be ridiculous - I mean - who would do that right?
    Creepy part for those who don't want to read it all Well - today we found a spy pen on his desk with camera and recoding capabilities. I am freaking out so so much. Why would anyone do that - it's such a massive invasion of privacy. Not to mention a security breach as we are a software company and have strict security rules!!
    I need a glass of wine...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Feel the need to share/rant and maybe make you all feel better about annoying work colleagues. May get lengthy so I apologise in advance....
    Background - There are 3 people in my team. Two of us have worked here for 5+ years and we got a new guy earlier this year. Even though we are more experienced, we are all technically on the same level so have been having some issues with managing him. He doesn't complete work, goes missing for hours etc but we are not in a position to pull him up on this. It all came to a head last Thursday when we had an extremely busy day setting up offices/meeting spaces etc and really needed to all pull together. The new guy kept going missing at the worst times ( went out for lunch for the one hour we had to clear a canteen out of furniture and set up meeting space for 140 staff!) Also threw a tantrum when asked to do anything. Anyway, we'd had enough and when he went home we were talking about him in the office and about how moody he was, how he never updated us on anything, never completed works or showed interest in current projects etc. Well, the next day he came in and was super happy , apologised for the previous day, asked questions about projects, updated outstanding works. Made us a bit paranoid and we were joking that he was spying on us but obviously that would be ridiculous - I mean - who would do that right?
    Creepy part for those who don't want to read it all Well - today we found a spy pen on his desk with camera and recoding capabilities. I am freaking out so so much. Why would anyone do that - it's such a massive invasion of privacy. Not to mention a security breach as we are a software company and have strict security rules!!

That is creepy. Maybe he's also working for another company? My company sells vehicles, and they hired a new salesman a few years back. He would disappear saying he was meeting customers, but it turns out he also had a job at another vehicle lot just down the block.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

That is creepy. As I work in a hospital, it would also get someone fired.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I'm hoping the same will apply at my work(although previous experience of hr dealings has not been positive) What concerns me even more than the personal privacy issue is that my team are actually responsible for security on site and for me this is an unacceptable breach. I just have to hope hr back us up. We develop and test software for other companies so the implications if anything was leaked would be massive!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I'm hoping the same will apply at my work(although previous experience of hr dealings has not been positive) What concerns me even more than the personal privacy issue is that my team are actually responsible for security on site and for me this is an unacceptable breach. I just have to hope hr back us up. We develop and test software for other companies so the implications if anything was leaked would be massive!

If he had just been a good employee/person to begin with he might not have felt the need to 'spy' on his coworkers and what they were saying about him.

He's a terrible spy for another company if he can not properly ingratiate himself with the people he is spying on.
    It sounds like he probably did this for more personal reasons but no one likes a person who isn't interested in their work or at least pulling their own weight. He wouldn't have to worry about coworkers speaking poorly about him behind his back if he were a good worker in the first place.
    It would be interesting if someone who just has low self esteem simply wanted to know what others thought of them. Although I recently was told what was said at one of the recent officer's meetings and I'm a little put off by it.
    It was said that I am 'Bat Sh_t Crazy'. Granted, it was countered with what a dedicated and hard worker I am, but the fact that someone would say that about me still smarts a little.
    I've been putting a lot of effort into not over thinking/analyzing it and throwing myself into my work and my workouts instead.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

If he had just been a good employee/person to begin with he might not have felt the need to 'spy' on his coworkers and what they were saying about him.

He's a terrible spy for another company if he can not properly ingratiate himself with the people he is spying on.
    It sounds like he probably did this for more personal reasons but no one likes a person who isn't interested in their work or at least pulling their own weight. He wouldn't have to worry about coworkers speaking poorly about him behind his back if he were a good worker in the first place.
    It would be interesting if someone who just has low self esteem simply wanted to know what others thought of them. Although I recently was told what was said at one of the recent officer's meetings and I'm a little put off by it.
    It was said that I am 'Bat Sh_t Crazy'. Granted, it was countered with what a dedicated and hard worker I am, but the fact that someone would say that about me still smarts a little.
    I've been putting a lot of effort into not over thinking/analyzing it and throwing myself into my work and my workouts instead.

That seems like something a man would say about a woman who either (1) didn't do/say/think exactly what he wanted or expected her to, or (2) who he wanted to seem more logical, rational, and methodical than her. This may absolutely be projecting but this is my experience. I am logical, I have ooodles of scientific training, I remain calm under pressure. However, whenever my ex does something which is objectionable and I object, he immediately describes me as "having a hissy fit" or "freaking out" when, in fact, I am merely calling him out on his bull-smurf and holding him to the items he agreed to in the divorce decree. It is unfortunate, but I have had to backtrack and clear up some issues with my family members who he calls (yes it happens) telling them I am freaking out. I have gotten my dad to at least question my ex and his motives by calming restating the facts and why I object. To me, it is Ex throwing up a smokescreen and taking the attention off of his behaviors. So that is my background.

What I know of you you are hardworking and logical. You may be somewhat unconventional in your thinking about relationships in general, but I quite enjoy your candor and open-mindedness. From what I know of you I don't get the bat-s__t crazy. So why were you told, what did the person telling you this get from it? Do you know who said it? What was the context? Again, without knowing ANYTHING about it it feels like a sexist statement from a man who does not feel he can control you (and he's probably right and it probably bugs him, and to make himself feel better he says that about you.) I think your approach of working hard and working out hard is the best choice for now. Staying calm and not reacting absolutely undermines that description more than anything. If it comes up again, "what a silly thing for old so and so to say, they must be having a bad day" and just move on. HUGS. You are super great!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

That seems like something a man would say about a woman who either (1) didn't do/say/think exactly what he wanted or expected her to, or (2) who he wanted to seem more logical, rational, and methodical than her. This may absolutely be projecting but this is my experience. I am logical, I have ooodles of scientific training, I remain calm under pressure. However, whenever my ex does something which is objectionable and I object, he immediately describes me as "having a hissy fit" or "freaking out" when, in fact, I am merely calling him out on his bull-smurf and holding him to the items he agreed to in the divorce decree. It is unfortunate, but I have had to backtrack and clear up some issues with my family members who he calls (yes it happens) telling them I am freaking out. I have gotten my dad to at least question my ex and his motives by calming restating the facts and why I object. To me, it is Ex throwing up a smokescreen and taking the attention off of his behaviors. So that is my background.

What I know of you you are hardworking and logical. You may be somewhat unconventional in your thinking about relationships in general, but I quite enjoy your candor and open-mindedness. From what I know of you I don't get the bat-s__t crazy. So why were you told, what did the person telling you this get from it? Do you know who said it? What was the context? Again, without knowing ANYTHING about it it feels like a sexist statement from a man who does not feel he can control you (and he's probably right and it probably bugs him, and to make himself feel better he says that about you.) I think your approach of working hard and working out hard is the best choice for now. Staying calm and not reacting absolutely undermines that description more than anything. If it comes up again, "what a silly thing for old so and so to say, they must be having a bad day" and just move on. HUGS. You are super great!

I was told by SSP. It was mentioned in a casual conversation about what people say behind other people's backs that they would not say to their face. He refused to tell me who said it, but told me they wouldn't say it to my face. I asked him if he felt that way and he said that I was 'out of the box, a bit lively at times, and fun.' He's very straight forward and isn't afraid to 'hurt my feelings' so I mostly trust his response. I say 'mostly' because he did just tell me that the person who said it wouldn't say it to my face. :lol:

If I had to guess who it was that said it, it would probably be Officer Paige. He does make attempts at 'controlling' me and often fails because I'm 'spunky' according to Officer Ward. I think it largely stems from the fact that he has so little control in his home life, particularly when it comes to the finances, which is something he often complains about. He frequently mentions that I'm a 'young kid' with 'no expenses' because I live with my parents. I have to remind him that I pay rent, my own car payment, insurance, phone bill, groceries, and student loans. Whereas his daughter pays for 1/3rd of her car payment and he pays ALL of the rest of her expenses, despite the fact that she has a job that pays TWICE what I make right now. I've made the comment more than once while he was complaining about this particular topic that his daughter needs to 'grow up.'
    I think it's my candor that gets me on most men's dislike list. I'm not going to be soft and submissive because someone else has a weak and easily bruised ego.

'Unconventional' has been used to describe me by a couple of the other guards. :lol:

In addition, I seem to have this 'special talent' of being able to put my own foot in my mouth faster than anyone else I know and I can go to extremes in an attempt to correct myself and show my repentance.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Guano crazy, huh? (see how I cleaned that up for Susie?) I'd find a way to take that as a compliment. I am crazy about some areas of my life and I embrace it -- just try to get between me and my family and find out what happens when guano crazy points at you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I was told by SSP. It was mentioned in a casual conversation about what people say behind other people's backs that they would not say to their face. He refused to tell me who said it, but told me they wouldn't say it to my face. I asked him if he felt that way and he said that I was 'out of the box, a bit lively at times, and fun.' He's very straight forward and isn't afraid to 'hurt my feelings' so I mostly trust his response. I say 'mostly' because he did just tell me that the person who said it wouldn't say it to my face. :lol:

If I had to guess who it was that said it, it would probably be Officer Paige. He does make attempts at 'controlling' me and often fails because I'm 'spunky' according to Officer Ward. I think it largely stems from the fact that he has so little control in his home life, particularly when it comes to the finances, which is something he often complains about. He frequently mentions that I'm a 'young kid' with 'no expenses' because I live with my parents. I have to remind him that I pay rent, my own car payment, insurance, phone bill, groceries, and student loans. Whereas his daughter pays for 1/3rd of her car payment and he pays ALL of the rest of her expenses, despite the fact that she has a job that pays TWICE what I make right now. I've made the comment more than once while he was complaining about this particular topic that his daughter needs to 'grow up.'
    I think it's my candor that gets me on most men's dislike list. I'm not going to be soft and submissive because someone else has a weak and easily bruised ego.

'Unconventional' has been used to describe me by a couple of the other guards. :lol:

In addition, I seem to have this 'special talent' of being able to put my own foot in my mouth faster than anyone else I know and I can go to extremes in an attempt to correct myself and show my repentance.

Oh, if standing up for yourself and candor are the qualifications for guano crazy, I may be the Club President. LOL!

Seriously, strong women threaten some men. I am grateful that Denni is not that way.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Now, what I got on here to post is:

The next time I decide to do preacher curls as my biceps exercise on OHP day, someone remind me that the DOMS are real. My arms are so sore from the elbows up and it's not like I can stop using them.

This concludes my whine.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Happy 240th Birthday to the United States Marines. Semper Fi and thank you.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Yay! Happy Birthday Marines!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I would report this.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yes, Happy Birthday! My husband is a USMC veteran (retired) and when I wished him a "Happy Birthday, Marine" this morning he just kind of snorted and rolled over. LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Yay! Happy Birthday Marines!

Yes, Happy Birthday! My husband is a USMC veteran (retired) and when I wished him a "Happy Birthday, Marine" this morning he just kind of snorted and rolled over. LOL

Indeed! Part of the reason I'm traveling to Texas this week is for my brother's (USMC- retired) Marine Corps Birthday Bash. He's having a big party with cake and ceremony. One of the things they miss about the corps is going to the Birthday Ball every year, so they have their own. This one will include barbecue and a bonfire!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Now, what I got on here to post is:

The next time I decide to do preacher curls as my biceps exercise on OHP day, someone remind me that the DOMS are real. My arms are so sore from the elbows up and it's not like I can stop using them.

This concludes my whine.

Confession: I HATE preacher curls and refuse to do them.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I don't care how unsanitary it is. I just ate two handfuls of M&M's from a giant bag somebody left in the kitchen.
    Somebody at the office clearly hates me. Get the M&M's out of there!!