Whats the meanest thing someone said about your weight?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Well before I realized how much I let myself go someone told me they wouldn't marry me until I lost weight. That one hurt...
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    This one woman who used to be extremely over weight but has since lost about 100lbs laughed pointed at me and said it was like we had swapped places 3 months after I'd given birth to my daughter. Fwiw. Even after the 100lbs she lost and I'm at my biggest, she's still bigger than me. I think she just said it because she knew I was vulnerable. It was said in front of all my friends as well and it was the first time I had been out since having dd so I was feeling especially self conscious. B*tch
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    When I was at my biggest which was about 165lbs a family member told me I should apply for the biggest loser if I was going to keep growing. I was 15 at the time so that stung a lot
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    When I was at my biggest which was about 165lbs a family member told me I should apply for the biggest loser if I was going to keep growing. I was 15 at the time so that stung a lot

At 165lbs!!? Whaaat!???
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »

At 165lbs!!? Whaaat!???

Yeah it was a totally unnecessary comment, but I got other comments like that from the same person! I guess being 5'3 the weight was noticeable but I think any 15 year old and even adult would feel insecure after a family member says that
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    hmm... I don't think anyone has ever said anything mean about my weight. My sister made fun of my 'fat breathing' back when I was close to 200lbs but that's about it. I wouldn't call that being mean though, just honest.
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    That I could be really beautiful if I'd only lose some weight. Had a family member tell another family member that they were going to look like me if they kept eating.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Was on a first date with a guy. He didn't know I'd already lost 70 lbs, not something that comes up in conversation unless it pertains to what we're talking about. He told me I was beautiful, but I'd be a smokin 10 if I just lost some weight.
    There was no 2nd date obviously, but he actually became a legit stalker so I guess I wasn't too fat for his liking.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Having been up and down with my weight my entire life, there are too many comments that hurt and/or made me cry. The only that made me truly angry was when my SO at the time told me if I didn't lose weight in a month he was leaving me. I told him he could go flock himself and showed him the door.
  • Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was described to someone as the "short round one" and then a week before that I was thrown in a conversation with the same guy saying "of course he would like her shes just his type, chubby and white"
    I battled an eating disorder though out middle school and high school. And these really tore me up :'(mdi62lllymde.jpeg
  • gymratjasmine
    gymratjasmine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My best friend's mom told me my thighs looked huge in the pants I was wearing which was a confidence killer especially since I've felt like my thighs have gotten slimmer than what they used to be.
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had a boyfriend who broke up with me because I wasn't skinny enough for him - he told me that I shouldn't be buying clothes in size large, I should be losing the weight instead. I laugh about it now but at the time it definitely stung.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my ex told me that his new gf actually fit nicely into his car

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    When I was larger, you could really see it in my face. One of my mom's co-workers made a comment about how big I looked. Okay, whatever, I didn't hear the comment as it was made when I wasn't present. However my mother flt the need to tell me what he had said. Thanks, mom.

Then, years later when I lost my weight, she refused to compliment me. I certainly wasn't looking for a compliment mind you, but one day when I was at her house I comment on my shirt size. She looked at me and said "You need to find something else to talk about". She is not a large person, she has a great size, so why she felt the need to be so rude is beyond me.
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school some of the guys thought they were super witty and gave me the nickname whale... Needless to say I told them where to shove it :lol:
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My husband once complimented me on how thick my calves were. He really did mean it as a compliment, but it really hurt my feelings. When I told him how hurt I was, he said bodybuilders dream of having calves like mine, and that he wished his calves were more like mine. He has skinny chicken legs.

Also, one of my husband's friends came to visit once not long after I'd given birth. He walked in and said "Dang, you got fat!" This was a childhood friend of my husband's but I'd only met him a few times. I had 4 children in six years and gained 50 lbs. with every pregnancy. I told him if my husband wanted me to quit gaining weight, he needed to quit getting me pregnant.
  • Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    :( I seriously want to give everyone in this forum a hug.. I've been there too. But you are beautiful no matter your size. <3 people can be ignorant *kitten*