Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Bringing the thread back to its roots.

Confession: I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day burgers with my parents SO much, I dreamt about them last night...

But are you going to eat them in dirty exercise clothes, drown them in ketchup or throw it in the trash, take it back out and eat it? Or drown it before throwing the uneaten parts away?

Missing you POF!!

Me too! I have been swamped at work so trying to catch up with the sub/smaller threads. But the Batcave Confession thread is going to hit 1000 unread before I can catch up!

It's not the same without you there but I totally understand being busy at work!

Awww. I wil try to get back in it tonight. After riding. After folding laundry... :)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Confession: I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day burgers with my parents SO much, I dreamt about them last night...

But are you going to eat them in dirty exercise clothes, drown them in ketchup or throw it in the trash, take it back out and eat it? Or drown it before throwing the uneaten parts away?

Missing you POF!!

Me too! I have been swamped at work so trying to catch up with the sub/smaller threads. But the Batcave Confession thread is going to hit 1000 unread before I can catch up!

I can't keep up with the Batcave anymore! It moves so fast!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Missing you POF!!

It's not the same without you there but I totally understand being busy at work!

Awww. I wil try to get back in it tonight. After riding. After folding laundry... :)

I love folding laundry lol
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    cry. broke my wrist at training last night. no skating for me for too long :(

Oh no that's terrible. What happened?

came off back of blade while doing turn patterns (backwards fall). stuck hands out behind me lik an idiot.

ppl joke about toe pick, but falling off the back of the blade is usually worse. :(

Oh no! I am sorry that happened. I hope you heal quickly.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Aww I am sorry! That is terrible! I broke my ankle running a few years ago and was off riding for like 8 weeks. That was HARD!
    I feel ya. I wasn't able to run for six months this year!

I'm sorry about your wrist @misskarne
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

came off back of blade while doing turn patterns (backwards fall). stuck hands out behind me lik an idiot.

ppl joke about toe pick, but falling off the back of the blade is usually worse. :(
    Ouch! Sounds nasty. Sending wishes for speedy healing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

If she treated a good burger that way, then I would call her bat guano crazy!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Oh, I am so sorry!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Falling backwards is always worse. I hope recover quickly, but I am glad you didn't smash your head.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: My team is turning on each other a little bit because of some more creative staffing we're trying with another department...and I don't care. It's all SUPER petty and they've already been told this is just a trial, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my time to address it.

Other confession: It's likely that one of them will be transfered out to the other department, rather than having multiple people support it, and I'm not allowed to tell them yet. If I could, they'd probably all shut up and be on their best behavior so it isn't them. (Not true anyway - we stat rank based on the last three annual reviews, then by seniority if there's a tie)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Feel the need to share/rant and maybe make you all feel better about annoying work colleagues. May get lengthy so I apologise in advance....
    Background - There are 3 people in my team. Two of us have worked here for 5+ years and we got a new guy earlier this year. Even though we are more experienced, we are all technically on the same level so have been having some issues with managing him. He doesn't complete work, goes missing for hours etc but we are not in a position to pull him up on this. It all came to a head last Thursday when we had an extremely busy day setting up offices/meeting spaces etc and really needed to all pull together. The new guy kept going missing at the worst times ( went out for lunch for the one hour we had to clear a canteen out of furniture and set up meeting space for 140 staff!) Also threw a tantrum when asked to do anything. Anyway, we'd had enough and when he went home we were talking about him in the office and about how moody he was, how he never updated us on anything, never completed works or showed interest in current projects etc. Well, the next day he came in and was super happy , apologised for the previous day, asked questions about projects, updated outstanding works. Made us a bit paranoid and we were joking that he was spying on us but obviously that would be ridiculous - I mean - who would do that right?
    Creepy part for those who don't want to read it all Well - today we found a spy pen on his desk with camera and recoding capabilities. I am freaking out so so much. Why would anyone do that - it's such a massive invasion of privacy. Not to mention a security breach as we are a software company and have strict security rules!!
    I need a glass of wine...

That is creepy. As I work in a hospital, it would also get someone fired.

I'm hoping the same will apply at my work(although previous experience of hr dealings has not been positive) What concerns me even more than the personal privacy issue is that my team are actually responsible for security on site and for me this is an unacceptable breach. I just have to hope hr back us up. We develop and test software for other companies so the implications if anything was leaked would be massive!

If he had just been a good employee/person to begin with he might not have felt the need to 'spy' on his coworkers and what they were saying about him.

He's a terrible spy for another company if he can not properly ingratiate himself with the people he is spying on.
    It sounds like he probably did this for more personal reasons but no one likes a person who isn't interested in their work or at least pulling their own weight. He wouldn't have to worry about coworkers speaking poorly about him behind his back if he were a good worker in the first place.
    It would be interesting if someone who just has low self esteem simply wanted to know what others thought of them. Although I recently was told what was said at one of the recent officer's meetings and I'm a little put off by it.
    It was said that I am 'Bat Sh_t Crazy'. Granted, it was countered with what a dedicated and hard worker I am, but the fact that someone would say that about me still smarts a little.
    I've been putting a lot of effort into not over thinking/analyzing it and throwing myself into my work and my workouts instead.

That seems like something a man would say about a woman who either (1) didn't do/say/think exactly what he wanted or expected her to, or (2) who he wanted to seem more logical, rational, and methodical than her. This may absolutely be projecting but this is my experience. I am logical, I have ooodles of scientific training, I remain calm under pressure. However, whenever my ex does something which is objectionable and I object, he immediately describes me as "having a hissy fit" or "freaking out" when, in fact, I am merely calling him out on his bull-smurf and holding him to the items he agreed to in the divorce decree. It is unfortunate, but I have had to backtrack and clear up some issues with my family members who he calls (yes it happens) telling them I am freaking out. I have gotten my dad to at least question my ex and his motives by calming restating the facts and why I object. To me, it is Ex throwing up a smokescreen and taking the attention off of his behaviors. So that is my background.

What I know of you you are hardworking and logical. You may be somewhat unconventional in your thinking about relationships in general, but I quite enjoy your candor and open-mindedness. From what I know of you I don't get the bat-s__t crazy. So why were you told, what did the person telling you this get from it? Do you know who said it? What was the context? Again, without knowing ANYTHING about it it feels like a sexist statement from a man who does not feel he can control you (and he's probably right and it probably bugs him, and to make himself feel better he says that about you.) I think your approach of working hard and working out hard is the best choice for now. Staying calm and not reacting absolutely undermines that description more than anything. If it comes up again, "what a silly thing for old so and so to say, they must be having a bad day" and just move on. HUGS. You are super great!

I agree with this!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear this. :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Not good! Hope it heals quickly!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Confession: My team is turning on each other a little bit because of some more creative staffing we're trying with another department...and I don't care. It's all SUPER petty and they've already been told this is just a trial, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my time to address it.

Other confession: It's likely that one of them will be transfered out to the other department, rather than having multiple people support it, and I'm not allowed to tell them yet. If I could, they'd probably all shut up and be on their best behavior so it isn't them. (Not true anyway - we stat rank based on the last three annual reviews, then by seniority if there's a tie)

Ooh, this reminds me - did you ever get job news?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I checked in with the HR rep last Thursday and was told to hang in there, and that she'd let me know either way. So, hanging because that's all I can do.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I checked in with the HR rep last Thursday and was told to hang in there, and that she'd let me know either way. So, hanging because that's all I can do.

I'm been thinking about you. Sorry you don't have better news...yet
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Annoyingly long wait but I guess no news is good news. I will keep everything crossed for you!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. :) At the moment the suckiest part for me is that I will undoubtedly be off the ice for quite a while.

In lolness, though, I got on the scales this morning before realising that I am wearing a non-removeable, quite heavy cast hahahahhahaha
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Not good! Hope it heals quickly!

Ditto
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. :) At the moment the suckiest part for me is that I will undoubtedly be off the ice for quite a while.

In lolness, though, I got on the scales this morning before realising that I am wearing a non-removeable, quite heavy cast hahahahhahaha

I know this must be extremely frustrating for you. I know you were going through levels and tests. Were you competing?

When I broke bones I had casts for 6 weeks which seemed like eternity. The cast protected the bone from movement and I pretty much did any thing I liked with the exception of what my cast prevented me from doing.
    I rode horses, played soccer, roller skated and anything else. My fractures were not open fractures though. I have no experience on that. Was the fracture open?

What activities did the doctors tell you to refrain from? Can you still skate some? Boy am I being nosy, please forgive me and you don't have to answer.

Really what I'm trying to say is I care, hope you aren't completely grounded, and I am hoping for a speedy and full recovery.