Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Thanks everybody. :) At the moment the suckiest part for me is that I will undoubtedly be off the ice for quite a while.

In lolness, though, I got on the scales this morning before realising that I am wearing a non-removeable, quite heavy cast hahahahhahaha

So sorry about your injury, & hoping you a speedy recovery.

LOL @ your cast & the scale.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible person. I just barely managed not to laugh out loud when I passed by a co-worker from another department just in time to hear "and not only that, but I busted busted my pants." And see her show the busted seam to another woman. I don't know what else has gone wrong for her today, but the look on the other woman's face....she definitely didn't want to see the busted seam on the inner thigh.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible person. I just barely managed not to laugh out loud when I passed by a co-worker from another department just in time to hear "and not only that, but I busted busted my pants." And see her show the busted seam to another woman. I don't know what else has gone wrong for her today, but the look on the other woman's face....she definitely didn't want to see the busted seam on the inner thigh.

Was it something like this? :confounded:

I would have laughed so you did better than me! I busted my jeans wide open on the inner thigh seem right up and along the side of the zipper during a shift waiting tables. I was not wearing the most modest underwear and I felt a breeze under my apron for the rest of the night. But I did not tell, let alone show, anyone until well after that night was over.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I would have laughed so you did better than me! I busted my jeans wide open on the inner thigh seem right up and along the side of the zipper during a shift waiting tables. I was not wearing the most modest underwear and I felt a breeze under my apron for the rest of the night. But I did not tell, let alone show, anyone until well after that night was over.

I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from laughing. Sometimes I just have no filter!! I have sympathy though - a few months ago when doing weekend relocation moves in the building I crouched down and ripped my jeans. Kind of had to penguin waddle around for the rest of the shift so no one noticed as I was the only girl in amongst 6 guys and didn't think it was appropriate to share - and let me tell you, it's hard to dismantle and move furniture whilst penguin waddling!!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Aaaaaaaaaaand this is one of the many reasons there is an old pair of jeans in my office. (I'm also klutzy and I spill stuff).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I don't care how unsanitary it is. I just ate two handfuls of M&M's from a giant bag somebody left in the kitchen.
    Somebody at the office clearly hates me. Get the M&M's out of there!!

At least it was in a bag. It could be worse you could've ate them off the floor, in the trash can, or in a dirty dish.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: My team is turning on each other a little bit because of some more creative staffing we're trying with another department...and I don't care. It's all SUPER petty and they've already been told this is just a trial, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my time to address it.

Other confession: It's likely that one of them will be transfered out to the other department, rather than having multiple people support it, and I'm not allowed to tell them yet. If I could, they'd probably all shut up and be on their best behavior so it isn't them. (Not true anyway - we stat rank based on the last three annual reviews, then by seniority if there's a tie)

Ooh, this reminds me - did you ever get job news?

I checked in with the HR rep last Thursday and was told to hang in there, and that she'd let me know either way. So, hanging because that's all I can do.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you @CountessKitteh!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I take a "free day" once per week and not only do I indulge in one heck of a terribly unhealthy meal, I usually drink a few too many alcoholic beverages.. (In my defense, I don't even drink a sip the other 6 days each week.) :)

@Diem78 welcome to the thread!

I have free days every now & then & that usually involves a bunch sugar & carbs.

Today was definitely one of my free days.

I've ate cereal, cookies, Peeps, & a candy bar.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I've never split my pants at work, but I have popped the buttons on dress shirts more than once while bartending, as one place I used to work had the cheapest, most ill-fitting uniforms and in the interest of better tips, I wore the too-tight-in-the-chest option instead of the nightshirt-esque one. That's great when you're frantically busy and continue making caesars and shaking martinis for like half an hour before you notice...I started wearing another shirt underneath after the second time, no matter how hot it was in there.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I've never split my pants at work, but I have popped the buttons on dress shirts more than once while bartending, as one place I used to work had the cheapest, most ill-fitting uniforms and in the interest of better tips, I wore the too-tight-in-the-chest option instead of the nightshirt-esque one. That's great when you're frantically busy and continue making caesars and shaking martinis for like half an hour before you notice...I started wearing another shirt underneath after the second time, no matter how hot it was in there.

You have all made me feel better for containing my laughter. I was wearing an old pair if dress pants (15 years is old right?) last week and broke a couple of teeth on the zipper. It was zipped almost to the top, but it wouldn't stay zipped. I didn't tell anyone except my daughter, who I texted to please bring me a different pair. I have sympathy.

I just couldn't help wondering a) why show someone and b) how busted does it have to be before it is "busted busted" with emphasis on the first busted?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Hey, this thread is back! (Or back on the first page so that I can see it, anyway.) My confession is that I'm watching the UFC instead of going to the gym. I want to be like Joanna Jedrejczyk but that is not going to happen if I keep being this lazy... I'm also over my calories. Today is the first bad day I've had in a while, though, so hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Hi some how I missed you. Do you know that you bookmark this thread by making the star at the top oc the page yellow? Then you would not loose us.
    Welcome back
  • raymax4
    Options

Poor lady
    I've busted a seam before at work. I was lucky because I always keep a extra outfit in my locker.
    I actually laughed at myself
    Those pants are loose on me now
  • raymax4
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from laughing. Sometimes I just have no filter!! I have sympathy though - a few months ago when doing weekend relocation moves in the building I crouched down and ripped my jeans. Kind of had to penguin waddle around for the rest of the shift so no one noticed as I was the only girl in amongst 6 guys and didn't think it was appropriate to share - and let me tell you, it's hard to dismantle and move furniture whilst penguin waddling!!!

I bet it is
  • raymax4
    Options

This is why until recently I have it worn shirts with buttons
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

I never would have if it weren't a uniform - when I was heavier it was impossible to find one that fit. I'm a little more proportionate these days so they're easier to wear, but even so, getting a good fit for clothes without stretch is definitely not easy without a tailor's help for most women, I don't think.
  • raymax4
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

I never would have if it weren't a uniform - when I was heavier it was impossible to find one that fit. I'm a little more proportionate these days so they're easier to wear, but even so, getting a good fit for clothes without stretch is definitely not easy without a tailor's help for most women, I don't think.

agreed
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been eating a lot of broccoli and cauliflower everyday. I have the worst worst gas, but I have no plans to stop because it's filling and lo cal. :s
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been eating a lot of broccoli and cauliflower everyday. I have the worst worst gas, but I have no plans to stop because it's filling and lo cal. :s

Does Beano help?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I am SO with you here.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I am SO with you here.

At least you find a way to blame it on your co-workers. Keep up the good eating!