Deer Antler

Options

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    obrienk82 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the deer antler supplement? Any results? (Feel free to add me!)

YES, YES, YES, it is amazing stuff.

After only one week of use I now have lost 45 pounds, I have monster long lasting erections, my arthritis is totally gone, I can drink freely since my liver damage has healed, and my blood has more iron than a 1948 Mercury.

Don't buy that expensive stuff you saw on line. I can fix you up with some organic, free range, and cage free antler powder that a friend of a friend of my brother in law produces. It is only $10 an ounce!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    obrienk82 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the deer antler supplement? Any results? (Feel free to add me!)

YES, YES, YES, it is amazing stuff.

After only one week of use I now have lost 45 pounds, I have monster long lasting erections, my arthritis is totally gone, I can drink freely since my liver damage has healed, and my blood has more iron than a 1948 Mercury.

Don't buy that expensive stuff you saw on line. I can fix you up with some organic, free range, and cage free antler powder that a friend of a friend of my brother in law produces. It is only $10 an ounce!

Omg..... I'm tear-laughing
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Oh deer.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    My dog chews on a deer antler. He seems to have a good time.
    I suppose if you chew on one then you'll be too busy to eat and therefore lose weight?
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Sounds like you'd have a bone to pick, then.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Have I ever confessed my love for you? :laugh:

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You would have to blow a serious amount of bucks to get your hands on dem deer antlers...
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

My deer friend, I know we cantaloupe, but honeydew be mine. <3
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

cantaloupe? or antelope? :tongue:
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    As entertaining as this thread has been (thank you witty people!) I was hoping there would be some actual feedback from anyone who has used it because my son is using it. Some nasty tasting spray that goes under the tongue. So far he hasn't had any side effects (good or bad) but I was hoping for some experiences from others.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    As entertaining as this thread has been (thank you witty people!) I was hoping there would be some actual feedback from anyone who has used it because my son is using it. Some nasty tasting spray that goes under the tongue. So far he hasn't had any side effects (good or bad) but I was hoping for some experiences from others.

At best it will do nothing but waste money, at worst an unregulated supplement such as this can kill you.
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My dogs loves a good chew on one. She also enjoys a bulls pizzle.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

PGA golfer Vijay Singh was investigated for taking it, as it was once considered a banned substance by the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency). The WADA subsequently discovered that it was ineffective, so they de-listed it. The PGA killed their investigation of Singh because although it supposedly contains IGF-1 (which is a banned performance-enhancing drug), there's not enough in deer antler spray to be effective for anything and experts say that IGF-1 can only be effectively administered by injection, not absorption through the skin.

Article about the above here. Basically, it's snake oil.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    My dogs loves a good chew on one. She also enjoys a bulls pizzle.

I googled that to see if it was what I thought. Yup, I am scarred. :laugh:
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

PGA golfer Vijay Singh was investigated for taking it, as it was once considered a banned substance by the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency). The WADA subsequently discovered that it was ineffective, so they de-listed it. The PGA killed their investigation of Singh because although it supposedly contains IGF-1 (which is a banned performance-enhancing drug), there's not enough in deer antler spray to be effective for anything and experts say that IGF-1 can only be effectively administered by injection, not absorption through the skin.

Article about the above here. Basically, it's snake oil.

Thank you. This is what I found when I researched it as well.

@beemerphile1, thank you for your response as well. I'm thinking when this bottle runs out my son won't buy anymore.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Deer antler velvet harvesting has been around forever. One does not need to kill the deer to harvest it. Deer shed their antlers and grow a new pair every year. I can see how this could be effective. Walking around "shed hunting" will burn calories and could result in decreased weight and or increased fitness. If you find a shed antler then giving it to a dog to chew on or mounting it on the wall is optional.
    ETA: Warning! If you live in North America, and plan on taking up this activity immediately, please remember to wear hunter's orange while out in the woods. It is deer hunting season and you wouldn't want to be mistaken for the animal that is attached to the antlers this time of the year.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

People are having way too much fawn in this thread.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »

People are having way too much fawn in this thread.

Yeah, I can't believe it's still up, because fawn is a four letter word here these days.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    What does he say he's taking it for?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Nanogg55 wrote: »
    We give it to our 13yo black labrador per our vet. It's done wonders for his doggie arthritis. Never heard of it having anything to do with weight loss in humans tho.

Aah yes, I've seen them in our pet store. $14 for a small one, 10 inches or so :open_mouth:

*blink* I'm not sure what I expected when I clicked on this thread but *that* was not it! : :p