What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I ran 6.01 miles yesterday. Never even thought I could run that far, nevermind actually doing it.

Did you hear me??

I RAN 6 MILES!!!!

And I didn't die :smiley:

Shoot I'd be happy to run a quarter mile so rock on!! Great accomplishment!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    This is my one of my absolute favourite threads - so full of positivity.
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting more comfortable eating out at restaurants. Down 130 lbs and terrified of going back so I always get a salad with dressing on the side at restaurants-it just makes me feel better. BUT-went to Chicago this weekend and had some deep dish pizza and went to brunch--thinking about all of the worse choices I could have made took away any guilt I would have felt for indulging a little on a vacation.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    took away any guilt I would have felt for indulging a little on a vacation.

Hooray for guiltless deep dish pizza and brunch!

Of all the NSVs I have experienced, the loss of the feeling of guilt and shame when I eat is the most precious to me. And I think that when I get to maintenance it will be the most important, because I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT FEELING AGAIN!

• idlecrush
    idlecrush Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 22 to a 16 in my work khakis since August 17, 2015. 8 lbs down and 15.5 inches lost lifting heavy and following if it fits your macros.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    I'm still going through this thread - there are some great successes here!

My recent ones:
    1. I finally got to triple digits on an upper body weight workout tonight - 100 lbs on the lat pull down! I'm hoping this one will help me eventually help me do a pull-up. I'm not too far from my goal weight.

2. I was called a "beast" in the gym. One of our daughter's teachers works out at the same gym and he mentioned to her that he had seen us there. He told her that I am a beast and that I probably lift more than him. It's probably not true but interesting to hear!

3. I was called "someone that works out a lot" by one of the gym employees. I have never been known for my physical fitness so this was particularly nice.

4. This one is scale related but not directly a scale victory. I've gone from a BMI of 39.6 (the verge of morbid obesity) to a BMI of 31 (almost, but not quite, completely out of the obesity range).

5. Two more workouts and I'll have made it 16 weeks straight without missing a gym visit. I go twice a day, Monday through Saturday and once on Sunday; truly shocking for me. I even won a gym t-shirt for being one of the most regular attendees! This was actually funny because they asked me what size t-shirt I wear and I had to tell them I didn't really know any more.

6. Last one - I was able to order clothes in a regular (not plus or queen or women's) size! Still an XL but I'm getting there.

Keep it up everyone - this is a really inspiring thread!

97078419.png

You are an inspiration. Wow
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I bought size 10 jeans in kmart Australia. I have always associated size 10 with being a nice, healthy size so this is an enormous moment for me.

My size 11 guess jeans are falling off of me. I have to hike them up unattractively and they give me a baggy butt.

I have taken half my meal home with me every time I eat out for the last 2 weeks.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    I bought size 10 jeans in kmart Australia. I have always associated size 10 with being a nice, healthy size so this is an enormous moment for me.

My size 11 guess jeans are falling off of me. I have to hike them up unattractively and they give me a baggy butt.

I have taken half my meal home with me every time I eat out for the last 2 weeks.

eating out always means having dinner and lunch for tomorrow since I have started my weight loss journey. Great job!
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've now realized I no longer have a double chin when I smile so now I feel like I can smile as much and as big as I want :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    As I sit in my size 8 pants, I changed my goals on here to losing .5 a week instead of 1. I'm closer to what should be a good goal range for my height and I don't mind if it takes longer for results to show on the scale. Put me at the general calorie range I wanted anyways and have lots of non-scale things to focus on during the winter.

Plus, 185 deadlift no longer feels challenging or really heavy. :smile:
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    took away any guilt I would have felt for indulging a little on a vacation.

Hooray for guiltless deep dish pizza and brunch!

Of all the NSVs I have experienced, the loss of the feeling of guilt and shame when I eat is the most precious to me. And I think that when I get to maintenance it will be the most important, because I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT FEELING AGAIN!

Exactly!!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    Reaching "Onederland" :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    pants came out of the wash, fit like a glove. That first hour is usually uncomfortable.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just realized, I started at a bmi of 43.22 and morbidly obese, Came through obese class 2 and almost out of obese class1! (33.3) Can't wait to be just overweight. (29.9) lol
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On a mini vacation for 4 days with husband celebrating our anniversary..... And I went down to the Resort Gym and had a 45 min session, because there are no rest days! OMG! Super proud of myself! Oh yeah and i had already got my 10k steps in for the day but it just didnt feel right not getting my actual workout in! Super proud of myself tonight.
    18922 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    4PinkLady9 wrote: »
    On a mini vacation for 4 days with husband celebrating our anniversary..... And I went down to the Resort Gym and had a 45 min session, because there are no rest days! OMG! Super proud of myself! Oh yeah and i had already got my 10k steps in for the day but it just didnt feel right not getting my actual workout in! Super proud of myself tonight.

Way to go !
  • Barb5051
    Barb5051 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Reaching "Onederland" :)

I know the feeling!
  • Barb5051
    Barb5051 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jrc5423 wrote: »
    I had a business trip last week. I work in finance, mostly male dominated, and although I always get some attention, I got absolutely swarmed by men at the conference and airport during this trip. I've either become much more friendlier or my 40 pound loss is really starting to show. Before the trip I was really stressed out about all the client dinners and eating out I was going to have to do. I expected to see the scale go up a pound when I got home...but I lost 3. I actually lost weight on a business trip. Like honestly I'm in shock.

Way to go!!!! Congrats on the 3 lb loss!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!