Rocking the C25K May 2011 group

Options

Replies

• reginamazing
    reginamazing Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It was actually easier to run the 20 minute run that it is to start and stop. Someone once said that in a post somewhere and I found it hard to believe them until I actually ran it myself.

I sometimes notice that I don't really feel winded or like my heart is pounding until I start the walk portion of my intervals. I hope that's true for me!

W5D2 today, nervous about it...almost there...hope I do as great as you did!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    It was actually easier to run the 20 minute run that it is to start and stop. Someone once said that in a post somewhere and I found it hard to believe them until I actually ran it myself.

That's something I will look forward to! Hope you are all doing OK and feeling great! Sadly, I've gotten a little off track (for reasons too numerous to list) but am planning to go out this afternoon for w3d3. Have a terrific day, all!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about only feeling winded once I stop. Very weird. Did w5d3 today and totally nailed it! I much prefer to run straight rather than doing the intervals. Even my heartrate was lower. So excited about Week 6!
  • reginamazing
    Options
    W5D2 was a cake walk, I can't believe I was so afraid of it. Well, I did get a teensy bit tired at the end of the 2nd 8 mins, but it wasn't unbearable. But today is the real challenge...!

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be saying how easy W5D3 was! We shall see! Wish me luck ladies!
  • toadiejones
    Options
    Yay! Good job reginamazing! Day 3 was so surprisingly manageable. You can do it! Let us know how it goes! I'm off to start week 6 today!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry I've been a bit absent recently. This weekend I have attended my mothers Last Chemo party :D It was so nice and I am so happy that she is over and done with it - but oh my, I have sinned. But I couldn't care less. I enjoyed myself all weekend. Sad thing is I am starting to get a cold or something. My throat is itching, my sinuses are not behaving very well and I am tired. Since my body is letting me know I should take it easy, that is what I am going to do. When I start I am doing week 5 all over again. I expect to be out and running till the weekend or possibly monday.

All you guys are doing awesome! I am so proud of all of you!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Hanna - you deserved a little break.

I did Week5 Day 3 yay! I was dreading it, but it was certainly easier than I thought. I am so glad I have people on here that give me inspiration. thank you everyone. Starting Week6 Wednesday!
  • toadiejones
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better Hanna!
    Peachy - Great job! I'm so proud of all of us!

I have Week6Day2 today...dreading it a little after I really struggled with Day 1. Almost want to skip it and go straight to Day 3's 25 min run! :laugh:
  • deannabanana
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Just finished W3D3 today. Plans for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Rest
    Friday: W4D1
    Sat: rest
    Sunday: W4D2
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: W4D3
  • toadiejones
    Options
    Week6Day2 - Done! And it was much easier than day 2! I know quite a few of us week 6ers struggled with that first day so I wanted to put it out there that it does improve again. I think we are just on our way to becoming true runners!!! Yay!

Good job deanna! Looks like you have a great plan in place!
  • reginamazing
    Options
    @Toadie, omg day 3 was so not that bad! I was so surprised, I made it the whole way through! I think it was largely in part to the playlist I made for it...I picked 4 songs that equalled out to exactly 20 mins so I wasn't checking my watch the whole time, and I had my warmup and cooldown song in there as well so I knew that when Wonderwall started playing, I could stop running and start my cooldown. It was really more effective than I thought and the run seemed really short actually!

HOWEVER, today I was having a surprisingly hard time with W6D1! I was like wtf! I did a whole entire 20 min run and now 8 mins is getting the best of me?! Seriously, when I was getting to the end of the 8 min run part, I was like this is it, I'm going to have to go on the board and say that I whimped out, I couldn't finish it, there's no effing way I can do another 5 min run in just 3 mins, I was on the verge of laying in the grass I felt so awful. But during the 3 minute walk I was like ok. I can do this. I ran 20 mins straight 2 days ago for crying out loud! And I remembered how AWESOME I felt every time I wanted to quit but pushed through. And I did it! It was hard, and I thought I wasn't going to make it through the last 30 seconds, but I DID and I was excited. So tomorrow is what, 10 min, 3 min, 10 min? I think? I think part of the reason I was so winded today was because I have been smoking a lot of hookah the past few days which is probably pretty counter-intuitive to me quitting smoking cigarettes. So my lungs were probably like WTF DUDE!

Anyway. 51 days until Warped tour. 51 days to get as ripped as I can. Started Slim in 6 and a new diet this week too. I GOT THIS!

Oh yeah, plans and such:
    Jun9- Week 6 day 2
    Jun10- Week 6 day 3 (EEK!)
    Jun11- Rest
    Jun12- Week7 Day 1 (<--Got 'em!)
    Jun13- Week 7 Day 2
    Jun14- Week 7 Day 3
    Jun15- Rest

Ooh ooh ooh! I picked out the bathing suit I'm gonna wear to warped tour! It's so cute! I'll have to take a picture.
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I found week 4 an absolute killer and had to repeat. The last run seemed impossible with only 90 seconds to recover before it. Surely that short length of time can't be right?!? However, I slowed down a bit for the last two days and got through it.

Today I did week 5 day 2 and it was great! I even did another two 5 minute runs with a 5 minute walk in between at the end! Not looking forward to the 20 minute run on Friday though. I had trouble enough with the 8 minute runs today...
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    OMG Really sounds like you guys are enjoying yourselves. I wish I recover from this mini-cold soon enough. I wanna get back on track!

Keep fighting!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to the 20 minute run on Friday though. I had trouble enough with the 8 minute runs today...
    You'll surprise yourself, I know you will.

I did nearly that long after only doing W5 D1, because I did a timed mile to measure future progress against, and wasn't looking at the clock. Once you can run for eight minutes at a stretch, the walking break is purely psychological. Try not to look at the time, or you'll end up thinking "I need a break about now" whereas the reality is that you don't. :smile:
  • toadiejones
    Options
    I just reread my post and realized I put Day 2 was way easier than Day 2...duh. I meant Day 2 (the 2-10 mins run) was way easier than Day 1's 8 min runs. So, yeah, regina, I know exactly what you are talking about. And I haven't smoked anything ever so I think it just must be part of the conditioning. I totally struggled on Week6Day1. The ONLY thing that kept me going was the thought "I ran for 20 mins last time, damn it!!!). But got my confidence back with Day 2! And now am pumped for Day 3's 25 mins. Can't believe I can say that now!
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    Week6Day2 - Done! And it was much easier than day 2! I know quite a few of us week 6ers struggled with that first day so I wanted to put it out there that it does improve again. I think we are just on our way to becoming true runners!!! Yay!

Good job deanna! Looks like you have a great plan in place!

Glad to here that, because I really struggled yesterday W6D1, I was wondering should I good back to week five. No way I am going to struggle through it. Thanks for the post!

We are all doing so great!
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    Jun8-Week 6 day 1
    Jun9-walk
    Jun10-Week 6 day 2
    Jun11- walk
    Jun12-Week 6 Day 3
    Jun13-walk
    Jun14-walk

I am so proud of everyone that is sticking to this program and not giving up when it get hard. We can do this, for sure. We have come so far and are going all the way together.
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just did W5D3! I really didn't think I'd manage and had decided I'd be happy if I made it to 12 minutes, so I ran at 0.1mph less than I have been doing recently. Well... it felt good. I felt good. 'Laura' was very encouraging and I realised that I could actually do it!

In fact - it was going so well that I did another 2 and a half minutes in order to make a whole 2 miles.

I'm so chuffed I think I'll repeat myself ;-)

I ran for two and a half minutes longer than I needed to and ran 2 miles without stopping. Go me!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing so great!!! I have been resting my body for a little more than a week now, still not completely well (allergies and a bit of a cold) but this morning I did w5d1 (again - I know, but I didn't wanna over do it). So from now on I'll try to workout as I should.

w5d2 - Monday

w5d3 (and even though this one has been going so great for all of you I am dreading it!!!!!) - Wednesday

w6d1 - Friday

w6d2 - Sunday

The days in between I will walk as much as possible, and maybe - just maybe do some 30 DS, but that'll b after the horrible day 3 on Wednesday!!

Keep the good job up!!!
  • reginamazing
    Options
    Hanna, don't be scared I'm sure you'll do fine!

I am very sad to admit that for the first time I did not finish a run yesterday :'(
    I had the 25 min run, I went for 23:30. 2.5 freakin minutes away and I couldn't do it. And honestly I could probably have actually finished it, because even as I was tired and aching I was like eh, what's 2 more minutes. But I have a horrible phobia of throwing up, and right at that 23:30 mark I was so hot and I started to feel really nauseated, which scared me into stopping short.

As soon as my stomach settled and I cooled off I regretted it. Well, I really regretted getting such a late start and going to the beach, which put my run starting at about 11, instead of 9:30 like every other day, so by the time I was about to puke it was around 11:30 and probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 degrees with stifling humidity (Florida. Go figure) . Pretty darn miserable even not running 2 miles. I also hadn't drank NEARLY enough water beforehand, so lesson learned: If I go running and it's hotter than hell, BRING WATER!

Anywho. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be fine. Today is a rest day.
    Be strong ladies! We're almost to the finish line! WOO! Who knew just a few weeks ago that we'd be running miles?! I don't know about y'all but I couldn't even run to my mailbox without getting winded!

Oh 1 more thing! If any of you have iPhones, I just got a new app yesterday called Log Your Run, there is a free version and a paid version (I have the free one for now), and this is really for people who run outside but if you turn on the app while you're running, it tells you exactly how far you've gone using the GPS on the phone AND tells you your pace and everything! it's a really cool app, it also shows you like routes that people run on near you and how long they are, and where people are running during the current season, etc! And it runs in the background so you can still listen to music and everything while you're using it. And you can download running plans (everything from beginning to advanced) and all kinds of neat stuff. Oh AND for cross training days, you can program it to see how far you've biked or swam if you have a waterproof case and all of that. SO NEAT! I can't wait to actually use it tomorrow!