WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip - So glad Kirby is doing well enough to come home. Sending healing thots for both of you. Take care of each other.

Janetr OKC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Pip - Kirby is looking ready to spend 24/7 with you again. What a happy smile on his face. Hugs and Prayers ! ! !
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Pip - Excellent! Hope he continues to improve up to 100 %! <3

Back from our meal out. Very nice. The food was interesting - all the side bits were more interesting than the main event. But we really enjoyed ourselves. The wines were lovely and justified our ridiculously expensive taxis both ways. Good. I would go back. :D We consider ourselves very blessed.

I didn't count calories tonight. >:) Happy with that. :)

Sending love. Heather in chilly Hampshire UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pip & Kirby: Congratulations on a long awaited homecoming. :heart: Kirby has the most wonderful smile! :flowerforyou:

I didn't go riding on the trail this morning, and it was a good choice though it made me sad. I just wasn't ready to be away from the bathroom for that long. :ohwell: There will be another chance to ride on trails when I'm confident of my health and not worrying about being ready for upcoming air travel. Later on, a neighbor dropped by who has been suffering with the same symptoms I have now. I guess its going around. We took our dogs for a walk and I did okay. I hope this means I'm on the mend. :drinker:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pip and Kirby so happy for you two! My husband found that he was constantly cold at the hospital, and also the beds were so uncomfortable. He also didn't like being checked on throughout the night. Just when he was about to go to sleep there was someone there checking his vitals... All in all, he wasn't the best of patients I'm afraid. Uber spoiling about to happen from Pip and the boys....get ready Kirby!!

Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    So today I slept in and didn't walk with my TOPS friends. Really cold out! I am fighting the beginning of a sinus cold, and weather makes it awful. I do take some meds at night and I plain am out cold. I did wake up with a start this morning. I was dreaming of frying something....and the pan was too hot, so when I put the item in it POPPED and I jolted awake! Medicine head thinking...

This afternoon Lee and I went to a food bank and rec'd some great items. Some frozen chicken so I can make soups, and chicken for pasta and rice dishes. As I was putting away everything I DID have ONE of the chocolate chunk cookies. It is logged in, no regrets. IT WAS AWESOME! My husband took some and said they were not the best for dunking in his milk. DUH, they are soft-baked so yep.

My son had a nice birthday day yesterday. Rec'd a game card from us, and a twenty dollar bill. So he went online and bought a game he had wanted. He then told his friends and they skyped and played it all together. I made him his favorite meal which is chicken-fried rice. He had it for breakfast this morning.. lol My middle son called him which I thought was sweet. My middle one is thoughtful like that. My eldest one, well, I gave him a calendar with all the birthdays and special days already logged in, so that is all I can do. I shall not spoon-feed him and tell him he has to pay attention. We have mentioned that he needs to look at it on his wall now and then, and also buy a daily newspaper so he stays informed about the world but that hasn't happened either. What else can you do? He works a night shift, and sleeps in, he is in a different world than most of us. I tell him he lives like a VAMPIRE! LOL

Glad you liked the raccoon pic, (yep I knew it was a raccoon when we got closer). I was the one yelling "Drive! Drive! as I was clicking the pic. I think he knew I was scared because its fur was standing up on its back. My brain was thinking....*its gonna run up and attack da car*.... I find it so amazing with all the elk that come down our back road. To be that close to nature, seeing them move, nurse the babies, or nuzzle together is quite special.

To the gal that is communicating with all the online male friends, its a rush huh? I word of caution from a gal that has had online male friends. Granted I was married at the time, not my most shining moment. I can tell you this, they can come off as honest as a Boy Scout, tell you things that you want (and need) to hear, act in a way that makes you feel really secure and special, and its all a mental game. In the end its all words. If I was a single person I might connect with a person online, but then have it only be the old-fashioned dating thing after. Those are my views only, and no judging here from me. Just be careful.

Oh coffee is calling me...and my 10 Wheat Thins... :-)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    evening kids~
    DFIL did eat breakfast today so that was good..
    work was ok..
    Plumber was here with the contractor.. I have just written a email to the manager of the countertop place..
    and I am going to have them reimburse us the money we are paying the plumber...
    seems that when they installed the counter top , they adhered the plate for the dishwasher to the cabinet and siliconed the whole thing down.. now that plate needs to be moved back an inch and a half.. sooooo either they have to cut it out ,Bill(contractor) had to take pictures and send to them at the countertop place.. but this is just rediculous.
    and I am dealing with all of this with the old goat still in Florida...
    he will be back tomorrow, I work 7:30-noon and then have to come home and get stuff cleaned up before he comes, just wash floors and straigten up,
    looking forward to getting to the Cape for a couple of days... the beach and the Cape is my therapy.
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pip-- glad to see you are getting Kirby back.
    Miriam -- how's your foot?

I just finished up working for the day. I did manage to get in a 30 minute swim and a 6 minute abs video. 6 minutes can feel like an eternity when you haven't done abs for a long time. I keep looking at the timer.

So I'm doing stinky with the food tracking but good with the exercise. Maybe my mind can only handle one or the other :wink:

We're off to our other house to rake leaves tomorrow (oh joy...guess it will be good exercise). My daughter will be home tomorrow for a week for the holidays. And so starts, as my son says, the gauntlet of the holidays.

Stay well everyone.

Kim

5113.gif
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Michele, you can just say “sausage stuffing” and not mention what kinds of bread are in the stuffing.

Pip, Kirby looks great and ready to head home.

Katla, so sorry you weren’t up to riding today but sounds like a good idea to cancel. Feel better soon.

Allison, I hope you have a wonderful time at the Cape. Sorry for the plumbing problems.

I went to lunch with a friend today and then did a little shopping. I really don’t want to spend any more money on clothes right now but they are having such great sales. It's early but I got up early today so I'm off to bed.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    11,000 steps
    94 minutes of dog walking
    41 minutes riding the exercise bike
    taught the line dance class

:) Today was the nerve conduction test. Joyce was right that there was some discomfort but it really wasn't bad.
    We got to the doctor more than 30 minutes early. I talked to the doctor about my symptoms and he did some simple tests to see how it affected my mobility. Then he did the nerve conduction test that included lots of pin pricks, little shocks and pokes that he described as like acupuncture needles. The whole appointment took about 90 minutes. He found some nerves that weren't working right and a lot of nerves and all my muscles that were working. He'll send the results to my primary care doctor for her to decide what to do next. We treated ourselves to a late lunch at Red Lobster before the hour long drive home.....so.....I still don't know a lot. I'll see my primary care doctor and she'll tell me what to do next---maybe an MRI or maybe something else.....I will keep you posted.

:) I'm so glad to hear that Kirby is finally ready to come home.....home is best. :)

:'( Katla, sorry to hear that you didn't get to ride your horse today.

t113004.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    PIP - glad that Kirby is now home. o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Motor home loaded and ready to head to southeast MO in the morning. After many trips in and out in the wind, by this evening I was feeling headachy, hot/cold with shivers again. I am so done with feeling like this. Hopefully we don't freeze to death in the motor home. As with so many of you across the country, a cold snap is moving in. We will have Thanksgiving with Jack's Mom and brother. He said he can't remember the last time he spent a holiday with them, so that will be good.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    After exercise today stopped at Dollar General. Our quarterly chartity for Newcomers is Toys for Tots and they have plush toys on sale 50% off so I got 2 nice toys for $10. Then went to Bi-Lo to get things on sale. They had sweet potatoes for 69 cents a pound.

katla - I'm so sorry you will have to forgo your riding lesson. I know how much you love them, but you are doing the right thing. It'll be there when you get back.

pip - hope you don't have to wait too long for those papers. Kirby is looking so good.

Becca - how thoughtful of you to give your son a calendar with all the birthdays etc already written down. You know, I buy a book calendar for Vince to give me every Christmas and I've already put down things like dentist appts, meetings, etc.

Ushered at the Green Room tonight. It was opening night for Mary Poppins. It was a pretty good show, but I did think it was a bit on the long side, about 3 hours

Jess and Colby just got here. Tomorrow we go see TSO in concert. Vince said we should leave around 12:15 so I told Lynette 12. She's already told me that next year we may need to get an extra ticket as a friend of hers who Ken gives guitar lessons to wants to go. We can only get 8 tickets on the presale. She did say that if this lady's home sells, maybe there'd be more. Lynette was concerned about the seating. It's a year away...and there's no guarantee she would be able to go. We don't mind taking our Outlook which holds 6, Lynette said this person could sit between her and I in the back seat. Well, I'm not about to worry about it right now.

Michele in NC
    who guesses we haven't heard from pip because she and Kirby are celebrating
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Howdie folks. Chilly but very clear day. Started out the morning with long sleeve turtle neck shirt and coordinating sweater and then my medium warm jacket. By the end of the afternoon the jacket was off.

Miriam, how is your foot? That sounds awful. Do you have any idea why your cat bit you like that. Was it just a regular love bite or I don't like what you are doing. Our last cat we had before Melody was a precious little kitten, loved everyone, playful, just what you want in a kitten. Then she grew up. He had her fixed and said while she is under declaw her. Well she didn't like that one bit and when a tech was taking care of her she bit her. So she was in quarantine for 10 days. After that she was the cat from hell. she was wonderful with Charlie and i but not anyone else.

DJ, I made a chili last night also. I must say it was wonderful. I will eat half servings for lunch. A good many years ago in my previous church they had their annual cook off. The winner got a trophy which was the Pillsbury doughboy mounted on some ones old trophy stand. I won one year. it's a traveling trophy so you have to give it back the next year.

Barbie, glad the test wasn't to bad. Hope the results are such so you can find relief and get back to your normal walking and dancing self.

Well Charlie had his appointment this morning. They were Johnny on the spot as far as keeping on time and I was pleased since I set an appointment at the time he wanted to be gone to the funeral home. They did agree that he hasn't had much, if any improvement. So she ordered their big steroid round. When I have a sinus infection it's 40 mg for 3 days, then 30 for 3 days, 20 then 10 and yous top. So this is 40 for 2 weeks, then 30 for 2 weeks and so on. But if his C diff is still positive the steroids will make it worse so she said to immediately stop it and if needed go to the ER. So they are to call us Monday. If it is positive, the next step is a fecal transplant. This is the weird part. They have a fecal bank. On reading about this fecal transplant, the can take normal healthy poop that has been thoroughly tested and put it in a capsule and it dissolves in the colon. But this doctor does a colonoscopy and then as he is taking the scope out he disperses the fecal transplant throughout the colon. The hope is that the normal stool will take over and block the bacteria. She very proudly told us that of the two hospitals in town, they are the only one that has this bank. Yuck. I wonder who has to maintain this bank or better yet, collect it and test it. I know when Charlie was working as a Pharmacy technician, it was the pharmacy that had a room just for the leeches that the plastic surgeons used in surgery. Charlie would have to count those little suckers if it was him time to do it.

Well I did buy the Kuerig mini. I hope she likes it. It was the exact one she put on the list. It does have on the box to use K-cup packs only. So I don't know if that means she cant use the cups that you can put your own coffee in and use them again and again. It was regular $124.99, sale priced $79.99 and then I got 20% of that. my oldest really likes those lip balm that I can't think of the word now. CRS! It looks like little ball and it's lime flavored. Since the whole ticket was 20% off, I got quite a few of those also. I did look for clothes for me but didn't find any. After Charlie's appointment, I had our monthly date out for lunch with some of the 'old' nurses. We always have a good time when we get together. We try to do it once a month but it is so hard. Everone has so much they are doing. Sharon is off all around the country doing Marathons, Sandy has things at church or her many grand children, Diane is helping her daughter with her award winning goats with the liking and making cheese, and Janet is just doing month long travel to every National state Park they can get to.

I have noticed something after I bought my new phone that I don't like. I guess verizon sells our Email. When I first got it I was 'unsubscribing to about 10 things a day. It si now 3 things but it is still constant. Sometimes it says 'sorry to see a valued customer go'. Valued customer???? I have never heard of them. I had never tried to buy their sexual stimulant, hair stimulant, travel around the world plan or anything. And I hate the term unsubscribe. It is insinuating that I subscribed in the first place. My email was sold to them. OK, rant over.

Pip, you still alive after celebrating????? We need to know how the both of you are doing.

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    EllieJac1 wrote: »

Hi,
    My name is EJ from Mass
    I've lost my motivation and need a lot of help!
    Hi EJ,
    I saw you post for help. . I'll never get paid as a motivational speaker, lol. My mantra is "just do it"
    But what really motivates me is that using MFP really worked beyond my expectations. I feel like a pre-teen, discovering exciting changes in my body and showing off my mini-muscles to my family.

Every morning and night I read through my favorite forums, this being one of them. I enjoy the camaraderie here, seeing everyone's willingness to help each other, people's setbacks, strategies, goals, successes.

I will never get everyone's names straight, so Hello and thank you all for being here and sharing a part of yourselves with the rest of us on our journeys to better, healthier lives.

It's way past my bedtime...zzz

• relater2000
    relater2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Last night after work, I met my daughter and 2 of her daughters (ages 8 & 6) to experience Silver Bells in the City, which is an annual event here in Lansing. We started in the Michigan Historical Museum.

It was fun. We started at the museum, which is close to where I work. We walked from there to see the parade, then back to see more of the museum before heading to the car and home. I turned on MapMyWalk before leaving work and left it on until we got to the car. Logged almost 3 miles, though 1 hour of the time, or more, was spent standing at the parade location. However, parade time was spent standing, not sitting, so that counts in my opinion!

Elaine in Lansing