Where are the 5"4 ladies at??

Options

Replies

• Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm close- or so I tell myself ;) - at 5'2! Currently 124ish (haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, hopefully less now!) with a goal of 110-112. I got to 112 two years ago and felt absolutely awesome, but when I stopped going to the gym 5 days a week and started drinking more, the weight slowly crept up. I've been working hard to get back there for the past month and have been logging almost daily! We can do this!
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mini_Medic wrote: »
    5'3.75 here, 24 years old. I lost all my weight before in 2012, using IF and cardio. I went from 168 to 128, 40lbs lost the first time. I hit my highest weight rebound last December at 173lbs, and currently have relost 20lbs, down to 153. Goal is again 128. I had concave arm pits, leg definition, a flat stomach and no side rolls/muffin top at that weight and was very happy!

Ladies! Don't get stuck on a certain low weight number as the ultimate goal. Not everyone needs to weigh 100lbs or 110lbs to be fit and healthy and "not fat". Your goal may be "skinny" versus someone else who wants "fit" versus another who wants to be "athlete". Set small goals at 5 or 10 lbs at a time and reevaluate how you feel at each new goal. I was surprised when I set a goal of 120 and upon reaching 130 in 2012 I was perfectly happy with myself 10lbs heavier than I thought I needed to be!

I'm your exact height. I wonder if we have the same body type too!
  • moonagedaydream72
    moonagedaydream72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4, and currently I'm at 160 after losing 30 pounds. My next goal is 145, so I have another 15 pounds to go, but I am feeling that I might want to go to 135.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4, and currently I'm at 160 after losing 30 pounds. My next goal is 145, so I have another 15 pounds to go, but I am feeling that I might want to go to 135.

You got this!

• bmj2015
    bmj2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Started at 139 about 10 weeks ago. I'm down to 125.5. I'm feeling really good, but I would like to get down to the 118-120 range and see how I look feel. I'm guessing I'll want to maintain right around 120.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    bmj2015 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". Started at 139 about 10 weeks ago. I'm down to 125.5. I'm feeling really good, but I would like to get down to the 118-120 range and see how I look feel. I'm guessing I'll want to maintain right around 120.

I'm slightly jealous of 5'4" women who get into the 120s so gracefully. I went kicking and screaming and even then I couldn't get past 128
  • bmj2015
    bmj2015 Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm slightly jealous of 5'4" women who get into the 120s so gracefully. I went kicking and screaming and even then I couldn't get past 128

Oh, trust me, I've been working my butt off! But it did go a bit quicker than I expected, which I am chalking up to two very helpful things: 1) My husband is also losing weight right now, so we are meal planning together and motivating each other. It's been so incredibly helpful to have a live-in fitness buddy. 2) I teach yoga full-time so I am very active and have pretty much unlimited access to fitness classes (boot camp stuff, cardio stuff, strength training stuff) so I have a pretty high TDEE, which allows me to eat a bit more and not go totally insane. :wink:

EDIT: Also, meant to add to my original post that I am 34 years old.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Oh, trust me, I've been working my butt off! But it did go a bit quicker than I expected, which I am chalking up to two very helpful things: 1) My husband is also losing weight right now, so we are meal planning together and motivating each other. It's been so incredibly helpful to have a live-in fitness buddy. 2) I teach yoga full-time so I am very active and have pretty much unlimited access to fitness classes (boot camp stuff, cardio stuff, strength training stuff) so I have a pretty high TDEE, which allows me to eat a bit more and not go totally insane. :wink:

Oh yes, trust me I know you worked your butt off! My TDEE is low :(

great work!
  • daniellebennett3532
    daniellebennett3532 Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4" ...
    Starting weight- 247lbs in July 2015
    Current weight- 195lbs (52lbs lost so far!)
    Goal weight-125lbs (70lbs to go!)

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This has been so interesting to read! I'm 5'4" and 50 years old. Started last December at 168 and down to 156-157. I think after Christmas I'll try to get down to 150. When I got married 26 years ago, I weighed 134 but it was a such a struggle to stay there. I spent most of my adult life after having kids at around 150 and looked good. It just goes to show that we have a wide range of body types (like we didn't know that already trying to shop for clothes)! I have a small waist but large hips and thighs. I guess I have a large frame but just not a very tall one! :smile:
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    5"5 too, goal weight is 120-125lbs depending on injury vs weight lifting. down 30lbs so far, about 10 to go. Add me! I need loads of new pals to motivate each other :)
  • eringrace95_
    Options

Oh yes, trust me I know you worked your butt off! My TDEE is low :(

great work!

Oh man. I wish I had a higher TDEE. I should work out 6-7 times a week instead of 3-5. I've just been so busy lately!! Gotta find ways to make time.
  • jthompson2006
    jthompson2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 4" 33 years old, my CW is 171 I started at 182 at the end of August. My goal weight is 140. I'm hoping to be 165 at christmas. Slow but steady.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Im 5' 4" 33 years old, my CW is 171 I started at 182 at the end of August. My goal weight is 140. I'm hoping to be 165 at christmas. Slow but steady.

Slow is better than gaining or maintaining you're doing great. Congrats!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

we have similar stats. I'm 5'3'' and was 185 beginning of November. Down to 179 today. I want to be 140.

I would like to be at 170 by xmas.
  • eringrace95_
    Options

we have similar stats. I'm 5'3'' and was 185 beginning of November. Down to 179 today. I want to be 140.

I would like to be at 170 by xmas.

Good luck!
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So I was feeling great this morning when the scale said 151 (hit the high 190s with this pregnancy, now 3 mo pp). Then my 6' husband gets on the scale...145. 145! Eat some bacon, man!

(Yes, he's built like a beanpole and I'm not really depressed over this. I just shake my fist at him complaining that his pants are getting too loose while he is scarfing a long john and I'm weighing my banana).
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    5'3 and a half, going for 110 or so. I'm pretty sure that's my equilibrium weight but at this point I'm not really sure so we'll see what happens.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    So I was feeling great this morning when the scale said 151 (hit the high 190s with this pregnancy, now 3 mo pp). Then my 6' husband gets on the scale...145. 145! Eat some bacon, man!

(Yes, he's built like a beanpole and I'm not really depressed over this. I just shake my fist at him complaining that his pants are getting too loose while he is scarfing a long john and I'm weighing my banana).

That's like my dad! My height weight was 165 and here's my dad who's way taller than me at 145. Well now I'm at 137 and shrinking more everyday so take that dad LOL
  • DawnSober
    DawnSober Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'4" 141 goal of 132. Add if you would like!