What is your job?

Options

Replies

• osmoticferocity
    Options
    Yeah but in the bigger towns, a lot more people are looking for jobs! I was in NYC a few weeks ago and my cab driver was a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer talking about moving to North Carolina or Florida for work.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I own a Real Estate Brokerage (and am a Realtor specializing in Farms and Estates in Franklin, TN). Most of the properties I sell consist of 5 acres or more - usually above $500,000 (but I'll sell any type of property). My 2 favorite parts are the viewing of homes (I'm nosey, so I love getting ideas for my own home) and the negotiation process (I have a law degree and am a bulldog when it comes to negotiating and getting my clients the best deal - I find that to be really fun!).

Oh.. and I also help my husband with his masonry business (doing the desk side of it).
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I am a Unit Secretary and Co-Producer for a cable network at male prison. I love the idea that every day I get to help people, I help keep the community and my family safe, I help educate inmates so they have a better chance upon release and I help myself by feeling useful. I also get to work with some of the best officers in the state ;)
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am a criminal investigator (commander over an investigative unit in a municipal police department). The best part of the job is seeing the guys put together an iron-clad criminal case and sending the perp(s) to prison...and the best part of that is seeing the look on the defense attorney's faces when they lose.
    AWESOME
    Would love a job like that!!! I have been doing admin/billing in the medical field for over 15 years I've worked for the same doctor since 2000 and I'm thankful to have a job!! Would love a change, but..............
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm the optical coordinator at an optical office, like Pearl Vision. I love the hours, love the benefits, and the people. I make sure the doctor runs on time, deal with insurance, run the office basically. I love everything about it. First job I've ever really loved.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am in underwriting at a well known insurance company. I love my work because I learn something new everyday....
  • sassyfit04
    Options
    I am an organic dairy farmer. My brother, father, and I milk 250 cows and crop 900 acres. I love being able to work outside (although the winters in WI often make me feel differently) and enjoy working with all the animals. The only downfall is there is never a day off and in summer we often work 16 hours a day. I get to take my two kids with me to work everyday so they can learn to run the farm one day. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • LeeLeeTunk
    LeeLeeTunk Posts: 84
    Options
    I work at a farm store called Farm and Fleet...I deal with angry farmers all day in customer service. yay me! lol
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am a home day care provider. I keep my day care small, only up to 3 kids ages 12 weeks to Kindergarten. I usually keep the kids from infants until they go to school so my turn over rate is very low.

I love everything about my job. I love the kids I watch and because I can be picky, even the parents too. My current client are awesome, some of the best parents I have ever had!

I adore the ages of kids I watch too, they learn so much in that time it amazes me how much they can learn each year. I do not offer a preschool program, but after talking to several Kindergarten teachers I work more on sitting quietly during a story, listening to short directions and even lining up. I do work a little with them with colors, letter and numbers etc...

Same as me but in UK we are called Childminders.
    The children i care for are aged between 10 weeks and 13 years and i have up to 9 at any one time. :wink:
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    Teaching assistant at daughters school. It challenging, rewarding, great fun and I love every minute of it !
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a pricing manager for Winn Dixie. I am on my feet just about all the time. At least 3 days a week I am on my feet all day long from the time that I get into work from the time that I leave. I am completely worn out by the time that I get home.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    PCA- personal care attendant. I work independly for two elder couple. One is 94 and the other is 91. I like it most days, very rewarding but my co-worker is a B----H! She has no training what so ever and thinks she a nurse.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i work with young offenders in the uk. i like the direct work with young people, but i hate the paperwork which takes up 80% of the job!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a conservator working on historic buildings. My days are often spent crawling around roof spaces clearing out the back of 300 year old plaster ceilings and stopping them falling down!!

Every project is different and challenging. Right now we are helping put together a new museum.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm an "Operations Assistant/Dispatcher" for a Auto Transportation company. (we truck new cars from railheads, and shipyards to the dealers)

I love meeting new people all the time, and keeping track of lists. (I'm a dork I know...lol)
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a dental hygienist working for 3 wonderful doctors in an awesome small town. I get to have people's heads in my lap and me in their mouths all day long :wink:

But that's not the best part! The best is the revolving door interactions I get each and every day. No one hangs around long enough for me to get sick of 'em!

And yeah, brushing is great, but flossing is BETTER!!!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My job is a very important one! I am a very busy wife and Mommy to 9 wonderful children :) They range in age from 1 yr old (just had her birthday on Wednesday) to 21 years old...5 boys and 4 girls. I LOVE my job soooooooooo much and am so thankful that I am able to stay home with my children and manage our home :)

My husband is a personal trainer (what a nice perk for me!), distributor for Visalus, and corporate sales manager for our gym :)
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

And yeah, brushing is great, but flossing is BETTER!!!
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dental Assistant:bigsmile:
  • jmula
    jmula Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm an automotive restorer and vehicle customizer. I buy old vehicles from the 30's to the 70's. I restore, and or customize them, then sell them. I also have a small client base that I build vehicle for as well.
    What I enjoy most about it? Hell, I'm building cars from the ground up. Whats not to love! I get to point to it and say. I built that ;)