Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    nixology wrote: »
    Bearly Bento went to work with me today packed with my Dagwood burger. Itsa brie, bacon, caramelised red onions and sage burger with strawberries and oranges for dessert.

5wdc4gx72qb2.jpg
    ny443my4ne0f.jpg

OMG, I think I just drooled a little :cry:
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bearly Bento went to work with me today packed with my Dagwood burger. Itsa brie, bacon, caramelised red onions and sage burger with strawberries and oranges for dessert.

OMG, I think I just drooled a little :cry:

Hahaha, thanks!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    BENTO!! YAY!!!! Leftover pork chop, veggies, and jambalaya, with apple slices
    qd5drtf9leaf.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Had one for lunch today at work. Leftover meatloaf, two hard boiled eggs and apple slices with a few grapes.

ogafpf2phjif.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    Lunch was lychee stuffed with duck, marinated in green curry & hot chilli scallop sauce, with coriander and pinenuts, served on curry udon, with strawberries & oranges for dessert.
    uwbbkr27suaq.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Bento! I almost didn't have one b/c several of the leftovers that I thought I was going to have.....they're gone now...so this box was a bit scavenged :p Leftover jambalaya and veggies, turkey-swiss roll-ups, almonds, and chocolates.

ikd05yf584em.jpg

No bento tomorrow: I'll be volunteering at the public library's book sale, and they feed us :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad and cute eggs!2mwxf0tl1ul5.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was sashimi (salmon), chicken and apples with grapes.

lkvnp2kuitdp.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Lunch was lychee stuffed with duck, marinated in green curry & hot chilli scallop sauce, with coriander and pinenuts, served on curry udon, with strawberries & oranges for dessert.
    uwbbkr27suaq.jpg

Lychee's stuffed with duck? Yuuurrrrmmmmm!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love bento! Been looking for vegetarian/vegan bento books...hard to find. My current routine is whatever is in the house, mix and match. Realized I live potato chips and dark chocolate together this way. And found out saurkraut is good with lots of things.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    klove808 wrote: »
    Love bento! Been looking for vegetarian/vegan bento books...hard to find. My current routine is whatever is in the house, mix and match. Realized I live potato chips and dark chocolate together this way. And found out saurkraut is good with lots of things.

Hah, your current routine sounds very similar to the rest of us :D

I haven't come across any books specifically for vegetarian/vegan bento before, but the trusty JustBento website has search categories for vegetarian & vegan fillers, and there are quite a few blogs dedicated to it, and I've seen a lot of ideas come up on pinterest before.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I've actually been making my bento's again, but keep forgetting to take pictures :(

Today's bento is rice & veg with smoked salmon that's been pickled with beetroot and dill. They're not quite in the photo, but I have a snack of a few cherries and an adzuki bean mochi.
    plxai3lpzvl0.jpg
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a giant bento / meal box that I can change the dividers in. Well, this is with no dividers and to feed a team of hungry rugby men after their game. :#

BBQ chicken + extra sweet BBQ sauce + cheese + sweet tomatoes.

kfeozgab1wdy.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    My bento was pretty simple today but I used my rice ball shaker to make my minced beef rice balls. Had a ball ... pfffttt
    q3fau0n4xj4z.jpg
    fenrkp7rh8jp.jpg
    8prwrquhiqpr.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    Today's bento was simple. Just green curry duck with pine nuts, red onions and coriander on rice with a fried egg.
    covgxqa6z3ot.jpg
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I made my first Bento in a while after being sick and just lax with it! It is a turkey and provolone wrap with spring mix, cocktail tomatoes, carrot chips, sugar snap peas and seedless cucumber. I did have a homemade ranch dipping sauce not in the picture.
    vmd7ukxflvv9.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    Today's bento was very simple. Rice with steamed halibut, stir fried kai lan, broccoli and cauliflower and a fried egg.28v4c3xefdc1.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Cold and snowy again. Made another big pot of potato soup, so I'll be having that for lunch for the next few days.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Lazy bento...zs51rrns1siq.jpg
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Found some great ideas for Bento Boxes & lunches on Pinterest