Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I believe my personal story was mildest provided. I should mention that I watched my fat intake very carefully, mindful of the consequences. Eating several pieces of pizza at a sitting would be out of the question. Because consequences.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Most seriously, I don't think this pill is at all advisable for anyone who has a tendency to binge.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    OMG - this thread has been one of the most engrossing, grossest and enlightening threads ever.

As a former IBS sufferer I have had moments where my 'pipes' have not complied with social niceties and the trauma it causes and the inevitable loss of dignity is something that stays with you for a life time ..... to take a tablet that has the potential to cause a catastrophe like the stories shared is just awful.

Glad OP has decided against using Alli....the scientist/s who came up with this stuff should really have to have a dose of their own medicine....I wonder if there is a Lab somewhere, where an archetypal evil scientist is rubbing his hands together with glee over the next 'sure fire' way to lose weight that can be unleashed on an unsuspecting public. >:)

So true. My incident happened in 1994 and I remember it like it was yesterday. It still makes me blush to the point my ears get hot whenever I think about it. I know my story has made people laugh, but I still carry that shame with me, and the level of guilt I feel that someone had to clean that bathroom has not diminished.

@MorganMoreaux Aww <3 to you. I feel for you. I am the same. There was one incident in a large very posh Hotel that haunts me till this day and it happened in 1997.....Never been back :'(
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ohhh wow....so thankful I never used Alli!!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    So true. My incident happened in 1994 and I remember it like it was yesterday. It still makes me blush to the point my ears get hot whenever I think about it. I know my story has made people laugh, but I still carry that shame with me, and the level of guilt I feel that someone had to clean that bathroom has not diminished.

You didn't do it on purpose, it was an accident. I hope you're able to let go of the guilt. The people who should feel guilty are the people who created Alli who didn't fully educate those on the likely consequences of taking it. A little anal leakage is one thing, a complete butt explosion of orange oiliness is entirely different.
  • jfrye85
    jfrye85 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with this post! I was laughing so hard my husband looked at me weird. I then read them to him. We had to stop several times because I was laughing so hard he couldn't understand what I was saying! Thanks for sharing. Made my night.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Since I'm seeing bumped threads with good info, kinda feel like this one needs a bump too.

This thread is the best! Nice!
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :D . I am so glad I never took this. Contemplated it more than once.