*!December 2015 Walking Challenge!*

Options
*!December 2015 Walking Challenge!*
This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges. Each month has its own thread.
*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

RULES:
*no bullying
*no pressure
*just walking and dancing, stepping, prancing (that time of year ya know), anything to get you moving.
*just lace up the shoes and take a walk!

Yes, we have Lab mind control here...

3w2s583gnbls.png

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Thank you Alpha! I'll be here!! xoxoL
  • scolaris
    Options
    Great photo! Love those earnest little labbie faces with their furrowed brows...
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Aye, those are winnie's pups from when she posted on last challenge. I just could not resist that look!!!!
  • scolaris
    Options
    Hahaha! We need to seize inspiration wherever we find it!!
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Me and my two dogs, Roxie and Collin, are joining in.
  • roxyspitfire53
    roxyspitfire53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can count me in for December. I am just getting started again and I sit all day at computer, so hope this will help motivate
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • princessinpinkx
    princessinpinkx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks for using the pics. The best compliment ever is using the fur babies!
    I'm in :)
  • Calmquiet
    Calmquiet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Hopefully it was give me that extra push to be consistent with my daily walk especially as its getting cold and its the holidays.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Calmquiet wrote: »
    I would like to join. Hopefully it was give me that extra push to be consistent with my daily walk especially as its getting cold and its the holidays.

I know!!!! The cold and rain has sent me inside. I have walked twice now in the basement to Leslie Sansone. Not bad at all really, feel like I am sweating to the oldies here!

If anyone is interested, there are some really neat videos here:
    1 mile in home walk with Leslie Sansone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCe3ZS7pAC4

I was skeptical because I wanted to be outside, but I have to get my walk to.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    winnie141 wrote: »
    Lol thanks for using the pics. The best compliment ever is using the fur babies!

I just love the pictures you post! My neighbor's lab was my walking partner, but he has taken him to a friend's house, so the Alpha must walk alone. I could walk another neighbor's dog (a German Shepherd, but he needs a lot of work).

This was my partner for a long time:
    djas9rpvb642.jpg
  • tckohn
    tckohn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love this! I need to get outside more often and this seems perfect
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to get back to walking regularly.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Count me in.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    winnie141 wrote: »

I just love the pictures you post! My neighbor's lab was my walking partner, but he has taken him to a friend's house, so the Alpha must walk alone. I could walk another neighbor's dog (a German Shepherd, but he needs a lot of work).

This was my partner for a long time:
    djas9rpvb642.jpg

Awe what a cute lab! As far as walking he German Shepard goes...Jessie the chocolate one is like that. With all the ice he likes to pull...I'm looking into getting him a face/nose halter and hopefully it will help. I know time will help as well as he just turned one but I seriously don't know what I would do without my dogs. A lot of time I don't feel like walking but they are he ones barking/talking to me letting me know that it's nice out!
  • senoraharris
    senoraharris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!!!
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes, please count me in. I will post doggie pics when I get home.
    111480 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to join I need some motivation..
  • WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need the accountability and motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend.