40+ Club: Summer Slimmers

Options

Replies

• StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!

Purplefly, That is so frustrating. My husband can drop weight like that, too, and it kills me!

My 2 lbs seem to be staying off, so I am happy! :happy: Next weigh in (Sunday), I will begin with measurements, as well. I hate being obsessed with the scale number, so I think these other metrics will keep me motivated.

Everyone have a great weekend! :glasses:
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Guys just lose weight easier than we do, as unfair as it seems. Lol.

I'm heading off today for a road trip with the family. Today I finally hit my 20 lbs lost mark, and I am very happy about that. So with some diligence I hope to maintain that, if not lose more, while on vacation. We are bringing our trailer, so can cook most of our food rather than eating out. We have plenty of hiking and biking planned, plus a fishing trip. I will be checking in when I have internet access. Have fun everyone!
  • StacyAS999
    Options
    ColoradoRobin, where in CO are you? I'm in Colorado Springs!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado Springs as well. Howdy neighbor!
  • StacyAS999
    Options
    Hey neigbor! That's so neat, someone local! Enjoy the gorgeous weather this weekend!
  • Mspegasus
    Mspegasus Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone.. I have been tracking for a week before I decided to post. My name is Lisa and I am from Hampton, va. I am 41 with a 9 year old son. I am very new to this. I love it because its free! and it is similiar to weight watchers (well the tracking is) which is not free! I have a question... I put in to lose about 2 pounds a week. But, I have been losing around .5 a day. Is that too much weight lost? or is that the initial fluid that is coming off of me.!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Day 100!

It was at the end of February when I decided to actually put some effort into losing weight and shaping up. Today is day 100...feels like an important milestone! I'm now at a weight I'm happy with, just trying to firm everything up now. So far I've lost 11 pounds and, more importantly, 5 inches off my waist. It feels great.

Hopefully soon I will feel confident enough to post before & after pics. Maybe after I'm done doing the 6-week Six-Pack! My post-baby belly was the main reason I started this. Glad I found MFP to help me along the way. =)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Mspegasus...Glad to have you. Please feel free to post int he thread and let us know if we can help you in any way.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    how is my fellow 40+ groupies doing? I'm working tonight, but did my Strength training today, no real cardio, as I think I need to pace myself better... Develop more muscle mass then get super thing.

But my pants are loose that is for sure.....
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    MellowGa...glad to find another member posting here. I have an extremely busy weekend coming up so I may not be here very much.
    Glad that your clothes are getting to big for you.:wink: Keep up the good work.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Have been away from the boards for a few days as I was traveling, and didn't have much time to read and post.

Welcome to all the newcomers!!:flowerforyou:

Sing - chocolate factory? Hershey? OMG - that would be my dream spot. :laugh: I love hershey chocolate. When I was little, I used to wish I could go to a place like the chocolate factory in the Willy Wonka movie.

Congrats to you those have lost since your last weigh in - woo-hoo! Keep up the great work.

I was not able to exercise while away. Eating was not the best, but not too bad. The one thing I do well when traveling is my water intake.

It's a rainy, dreary day here. Good day to catch up on housework I suppose. Was really hoping to get a bike ride in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Class of "87". Totally loved Valley Girl and all the Brat Pack movies.....16 Candles, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, etc. The sad thing is I have all of them on DVD in my movie collection.:laugh:

Actually my kids love all those movies. Especially the Breakfast Club! They'd love it if I bought them on DVD.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Class of "87". Totally loved Valley Girl and all the Brat Pack movies.....16 Candles, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, etc. The sad thing is I have all of them on DVD in my movie collection.:laugh:

Actually my kids love all those movies. Especially the Breakfast Club! They'd love it if I bought them on DVD.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

We had a great weekend with our Grandson. Went to Hershey Chocolate world on Friday. Sdereski, Chocolate World is a free attraction outside of Hershey Park. It is not the real factory. They stopped giving tours of the factory many years ago when they built "Chocolate World". It is a free ride that takes you on a musical journey in the making of...wait for it...Hershey Chocolate!! They also have a 3D movie about it. We took our Grandson to see the 3D movie, but he got scared when a 3D animal got too close. Poor kid. He got over it when we bought him an overpriced ball with a Hershey logo on it. On Saturday we took him to an antique tractor and toy show in PA Dutch country. He loved watching the old steam tractors run and there was a huge outdoor model train running outside. He was in heaven! Even turned down ice cream to watch the train a while longer.

The rest of the weekend we crashed and recovered from above Grandson's visit!!

Not much to report from here. Back to working out and watching food intake this week. I've got to get a handle on it soon!!

Have a great day!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Sing- sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I have the little ones coming up for July fourth. Im so excited. She not my daughter but she lived with me from te age of 9-19 so.....I'll claim the little ones:) Im planning on fireworks and a little soaking pool/with healthy homemade ice pops.....LOL Gotta start them young.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Im going to focus on one goal and achieve it this week!
  • Texssippian
    Texssippian Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi all! Still battling this stupid cold. Now on week 3 of it. However, I AM going to the trainer tonight and to River Aerobics! I wore my water running shoes all weekend so hopefully I won't start a blister tonight.

Go Mavs!!!! Husband and son are huge fans. They went to the last game of the season many years ago that the Mavs won to avoid having the worst losing season in NBA history. Winning the NBA title is even better.

Son is back in San Francisco now getting ready for his (hopefully) second to last semester of grad school. I have jury duty today so a 10 minute drive to the Denton County courthouse versus an hour drive to Dallas and.... I am not wearing hose today!

Take care all! TxMs
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Happy Monday All! Had a nice time at my friend's twins 8th grade graduation party, but ate too much cake of course. Will be working it off all week! Last two days of the walking challenge at work today and tomorrow. Even though I have met the overall goal, I still want to meet this week's requirement and I still need to do about 22,000 steps between the two days, which I am happy to say will not be a problem for me. I have in the past been so unlikely to keep up with something like this both in terms of the working out, and the keeping track of the pedometer and entering in the data, that I am determined to see this through to the very last minute, and be entered into the final prize pool.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Class of '86 here! 43 year old wife and mother of two. I'm down 30 pounds since January 2010 and only 3 pounds away from my goal. I feel like I'm in my 20's again!!! Glad to find this thread with other 40+ people. :)
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    sing...hope you didn't buy one of those five pound Hershey bars for your grandson. My stepdaughter was given one of those and it lasted her for over a year. Yum !! It wouldn't have lasted that long at my house.

I spent yesterday at my company picnic which was at an amusement park. Had beauriful weather for it. Mid 70s. I did get a little sun burned. Seems I do that about every other year. Had a great time, though. Did well food-wise with the exception of the funnel cake that my daughter and I spilt.

Speaking of my daughter...she is 17 years old and has begun to gain weight. I would guess about 20 pounds over the past year. I know that kids should not diet but what about a 17 year old? Her boyfriend has even noticed this. I feel that he is sort of partially responsible. He is a large boy but a lot of his is muscle. What is everyone's thoughts on this?