Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Good morning! Started my day off with a short run with my daughter! Starting off short and working our way up! So proud of her for encouraging me! And I jogged the entire way... no stopping!! She also walked with me last night to help me get my steps in! =) So proud of her! She did help me make a second batch of Christmas cookies last night and I cringed when she said she wanted to so maybe that is her way of helping me get over the cookie episode in our house! =)
    Hope you are all doing great!!

fat+3.png

** Rockin' the steps!!! ** Keep it up!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love all the motivating posts today! I am excited that it is December and am looking forward to putting up the Christmas decorations this evening! I am working from the computer this morning and I have a lot of cleaning and unpacking to do so I probably won't get much time outside of the condo, but I am hoping that I reach my steps otherwise I will be walking the stairs this evening because I am not quite adjusted to the cold here yet.

I am looking forward to my chiropractic appointment tomorrow because I am hoping I will be released to finally start resistant training again. I had a very minor back injury some time back and it seems to finally be healed. I have been itching to get back into the gym full time again so please send your prayers my way!

I went to the grocery store yesterday and started my meal planning for the week which I will also finish up today, but I made a moroccan spiced vegetarian soup which was amazing. Do not get me wrong I love meat, but I wanted to try something different and it was really delicious and jam packed with nutrients. I ate it for dinner last night and woke up feeling great this morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and keep up with the positive attitudes!

6257f748a291d440ada9b1e2a801adf8.jpg

• danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Check-in! It is awesome to read everyone's posts! You are all doing great! Its the small changes every day that will make a big difference! I don't know why or how-but this time I think I am in a much better frame of mind to do this. I actually believe that I can! I keep telling myself it is just one day at a time. Just make healthy choices today and eventually you will get there. And if I want that cookie (or margarita) I can have it and that doesn't mean I have to give up my goals. I can still choose to be healthy in my next meal, and I can get in as much activity as I can and it will pay off! We're on our way! Have a great Tuesday!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love all the motivating posts today! I am excited that it is December and am looking forward to putting up the Christmas decorations this evening! I am working from the computer this morning and I have a lot of cleaning and unpacking to do so I probably won't get much time outside of the condo, but I am hoping that I reach my steps otherwise I will be walking the stairs this evening because I am not quite adjusted to the cold here yet.

I am looking forward to my chiropractic appointment tomorrow because I am hoping I will be released to finally start resistant training again. I had a very minor back injury some time back and it seems to finally be healed. I have been itching to get back into the gym full time again so please send your prayers my way!

I went to the grocery store yesterday and started my meal planning for the week which I will also finish up today, but I made a moroccan spiced vegetarian soup which was amazing. Do not get me wrong I love meat, but I wanted to try something different and it was really delicious and jam packed with nutrients. I ate it for dinner last night and woke up feeling great this morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and keep up with the positive attitudes!

Awesome! Looks like you are planning ahead and ready for the week! Sending prayers your way for the doctor to have great news!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Check-in! It is awesome to read everyone's posts! You are all doing great! Its the small changes every day that will make a big difference! I don't know why or how-but this time I think I am in a much better frame of mind to do this. I actually believe that I can! I keep telling myself it is just one day at a time. Just make healthy choices today and eventually you will get there. And if I want that cookie (or margarita) I can have it and that doesn't mean I have to give up my goals. I can still choose to be healthy in my next meal, and I can get in as much activity as I can and it will pay off! We're on our way! Have a great Tuesday!

Great attitude! That is the outlook. Once in awhile we are all going to cave on that yummy treat, BUT we can make up for those treats or even plan for those if we do it correctly! No need to fall off the wagon because you drank a margarita! This is a lifestyle change and you can't deprive yourself of everything... just moderation! =) Keep it up!
  • ShyCush6
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok, I don't condone this but it's funny!
    229074b3342e1ac59ead0861a900cd61.jpg
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't condone this but it's funny!
    229074b3342e1ac59ead0861a900cd61.jpg

Good morning all ..checking in to see how everyone is doing. This group is amazing at motivation.
    As for your poster there Shy, it is very funny, laughter makes life wonderful never take it with moderation ;)
    When it comes to my steps I am doing well at getting them in however I am not aways able to do my 10,000 everyday but I try to get in as much as I can. Everyone keep up the great job. Will check in tomorrow.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hey girls! Got my 10K in yesterday! Started my morning on the eliptical and my day is looking pretty good except for the couple kitkat sticks I just ate... It's all good! Keep up my routine. I wish I could get more steps in during the day. This desk sitting is killing me!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so positive and motivating, I love it! I haven't been feeling great so I didn't do a workout yesterday but I'm going to do one today even if it's just a shorter less intense one. Something is better than nothing, right? Keep up the great work everyone!
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks! I hadn't exercised at all last week (except for two days of skiing). Yesterday I managed to get just 12 minutes of exercise and I didn't log that in. But I've set the ball rolling again, so today will be easier. I get most of my exercise done in the night, I've tried getting up early but hasn't worked so far!
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Got my 10K in yesterday! Started my morning on the eliptical and my day is looking pretty good except for the couple kitkat sticks I just ate... It's all good! Keep up my routine. I wish I could get more steps in during the day. This desk sitting is killing me!

Yes desks jobs can kill, pun intended! I'm trying to follow the 20 20 20 rule at work - "Every 20 minutes, walk 20 feet away for 20 seconds or more. Stop by a co-worker's desk. Get a cup of coffee. Pace. Just don't sit."
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I took a break over the holiday and didn't log a damn thing. There was sooo much temptation and I did give in with some things but tried to not go crazy. I got great inspiration from my daughter about working out so I'm back to it and getting serious (with a little silly mixed in). First thing I'm doing is updating my weight; I didn't change it when I gained a couple pounds so that must be fixed. My plan is 30 mins of eliptical on my lunch M-Th then weight training F-S-S. I may take a day off of the cardio but I really want to build muscle - the flabby parts must go!
    Have a great day beautiful people!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    You ladies are so positive and motivating, I love it! I haven't been feeling great so I didn't do a workout yesterday but I'm going to do one today even if it's just a shorter less intense one. Something is better than nothing, right? Keep up the great work everyone!

Feel better Jen! And yes, a little effort is better than nothing!! Do what you can until you feel up for full force! Have a great day!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far. I just got back from my chiropractic appointment which I felt went really well. The doctor wants me to start back at the gym, but I have a list of exercises I need to follow so that I can personally gauge how my back is feeling. He said everything looks good, but I need to listen to my body when I start working out again. If all goes well with the set exercises he gave me then I will be able to start back full time! I can not wait because as of next week there are only 4 months until my wedding and I would really like to feel and look my absolute best.

I know I have been using my wedding as a motivator, but I keep telling myself each day that this will be a life long change. I am thankful to have a group like this... it is truly motivating and helps keep me on track. I realized today that I have not stuck with a healthier lifestyle for this long since about 7 years ago which too was for an upcoming event, but I didn't look past it as I am doing now.

I would also like to add that I have 15,771 steps and am so glad that I took the time to walk this morning. I have also set a new goal of 20,000 steps before bed tonight... bring on the happy dance!
  • DarynE527
    DarynE527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of the group! I love encouraging others and could use a little motivation myself. :)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Got two workouts in today. No idea how many calories I burned at the first one b/c it was very impromptu (I did have supervisors).
    a9ggisidjcuj.jpg

Met a friend for lunch time walk was much needed for stress release... I've got a lot of stress right now. (Work and my dad is in the hospital) so I'm glad I was able to walk.
    90gtwa6sh145.png

• danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so excited-I finally got past the 220 mark! I have been struggling with those 2-3 lbs going up and down and couldn't break it, but finally I am at 219.1! Next small goal-get past the 210 mark. I haven't been that low in years! I have gone up and down for the last several years going from about 212 to almost 240. So to get below 210 I would be so happy! That goal is reachable! I know I can get there! Happy Thursday! Now-If we can just get a Packers win tonight-that would make my day even better! :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    nikhbee wrote: »

Yes desks jobs can kill, pun intended! I'm trying to follow the 20 20 20 rule at work - "Every 20 minutes, walk 20 feet away for 20 seconds or more. Stop by a co-worker's desk. Get a cup of coffee. Pace. Just don't sit."

I need to set a reminder every 20 minutes! Great idea!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hey y'all! I took a break over the holiday and didn't log a damn thing. There was sooo much temptation and I did give in with some things but tried to not go crazy. I got great inspiration from my daughter about working out so I'm back to it and getting serious (with a little silly mixed in). First thing I'm doing is updating my weight; I didn't change it when I gained a couple pounds so that must be fixed. My plan is 30 mins of eliptical on my lunch M-Th then weight training F-S-S. I may take a day off of the cardio but I really want to build muscle - the flabby parts must go!
    Have a great day beautiful people!

Sounds like a great plan! You go girl!! Daughters are awesome! ;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far. I just got back from my chiropractic appointment which I felt went really well. The doctor wants me to start back at the gym, but I have a list of exercises I need to follow so that I can personally gauge how my back is feeling. He said everything looks good, but I need to listen to my body when I start working out again. If all goes well with the set exercises he gave me then I will be able to start back full time! I can not wait because as of next week there are only 4 months until my wedding and I would really like to feel and look my absolute best.

I know I have been using my wedding as a motivator, but I keep telling myself each day that this will be a life long change. I am thankful to have a group like this... it is truly motivating and helps keep me on track. I realized today that I have not stuck with a healthier lifestyle for this long since about 7 years ago which too was for an upcoming event, but I didn't look past it as I am doing now.

I would also like to add that I have 15,771 steps and am so glad that I took the time to walk this morning. I have also set a new goal of 20,000 steps before bed tonight... bring on the happy dance!

Awesome! Slow and steady! You will get there! So glad you are looking at it as a lifestyle change. That is the best motivator (followed close by a wedding of course) =) Great job on the steps too!!

giphy.gif