Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D3, outside this time :smile:. Week 2 is a little scary looking but I won't think about it until Monday! Good job everybody keep it up! :drinker:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D3, outside this time :smile:. Week 2 is a little scary looking but I won't think about it until Monday! Good job everybody keep it up! :drinker:
    Great job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I have been so slacking these past few days. No workouts done at all. I'm a little behind with c25k now, but I'm trying to get back on track. It's like I think that if I miss one day, it's okay to miss the next, then the next. I just have been bored, I guess. Blah.
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been so slacking these past few days. No workouts done at all. I'm a little behind with c25k now, but I'm trying to get back on track. It's like I think that if I miss one day, it's okay to miss the next, then the next. I just have been bored, I guess. Blah.
    I do that too! Once you stop its hard to restart. If your bored with working out in general why don't you mix it up a little? Zumba or a youtube video or Wii game can be a lot more fun than an ellipical/treadmill somedays. Of course with the C25k plan you have to run but maybe if you can get back into the exercise with something else you'll be more likely to go on the C25k runs.

Anyway the main point of the post before I got sidetracked was to tell you, you can do this! You give everyone else on this thread so much support just make sure you give some to yourself too! :flowerforyou:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I do that too! Once you stop its hard to restart. If your bored with working out in general why don't you mix it up a little? Zumba or a youtube video or Wii game can be a lot more fun than an ellipical/treadmill somedays. Of course with the C25k plan you have to run but maybe if you can get back into the exercise with something else you'll be more likely to go on the C25k runs.

Anyway the main point of the post before I got sidetracked was to tell you, you can do this! You give everyone else on this thread so much support just make sure you give some to yourself too! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks! I've just had so much that I need to do this week/next week that I just think it's okay to ditch a few workouts. But I don't even get those things I planned to do done, not workout related. So really I don't make progress lol. I think that I can make up my workouts tomorrow. I planned on starting Monday, but why not start a day early? So if I make them up, I'll have 7 workouts to do tomorrow. Three on the treadmill, three strengths, and one cardio. As long as it's not hot, I'll do them. We shall see...
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Just caught up on the forum, WTG to everyone!!
    I finished week 1 on yesterday (yaaaa me)
    warmup/cooldown @ 2.5mph, walks 3.0mph and jog 4.5...the last 2 intervals I ran 5.0 and 6.0!!!
    total travel time 1.66 miles

starting week 2 on tomorrow!
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    heading to the gym to do W1D3! wish me luck! :)
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    w1d3 completed
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options

W1D3 done! Yay me!! I have my jogging up to 60seconds and I am feeling awesome right now! :)

I think I might squeeze another W1 in before W2 starts. A little extra practice wont hurt.
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    Just saw this topic... I would like to join in and start tomorrow... I know I'm starting late, but I hope that's ok. Back in 2008/2009 I used to run 5k's + I ran a 10k + a 1/2 marathon... then my house burned down in april of 2009 and I totally stopped everything and gained 60 lbs. I found the MAP app this past April and have lost 15 so far and would really love to get back into running.
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome 1ArmyMom1!

I just completed W2D1 this afternoon! it felt amazing! It was a little on the easy side for me but I need to take it slow and ease back into running. :smile:

Hope everyone has a good night!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I completed another wk3 run today...like most of you are saying, it was better than the last! My pace was down a little because I skinned a couple of toe pads on Friday in water aerobics (new pool = rough floor). My plan is to repeat wk 3 until I'm comfortable (knees/ankles) with moving on. Hoping 3 more wk 3 runs and then I should be close to on the same schedule as those that started June 6th :-).

Keep up the good work!!!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Started today with the c25k program. I'm a week behind because of a cut on the heel of my foot...ouch. Two things I have to change 1) go earlier in the morning...too hot; and 2) leave dog home (she stopped in mid-run and looked at me like "are you kidding me"). Also didn't quite make the 20 minute mark. Hope to do better tomorrow.

Irene
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1D2 before going to work today. This is the second time I've tried this program. As is typical for me, I do really well for the first few weeks then I get in my own way and stop taking time for myself. I'm hoping that posting here and getting the support of some peers (hint, hint) will help me with the motivational factor.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just caught up on the forum, WTG to everyone!!
    I finished week 1 on yesterday (yaaaa me)
    warmup/cooldown @ 2.5mph, walks 3.0mph and jog 4.5...the last 2 intervals I ran 5.0 and 6.0!!!
    total travel time 1.66 miles

starting week 2 on tomorrow!
    Takes a while to get caught up on what's going on, huh? I didn't check this topic yesterday but once and I have about 6 to read. Good job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Woo hoo! How did it go?
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    w1d3 completed
    WTG!
  • chickadee2010
    Options

W1D3 done! Yay me!! I have my jogging up to 60seconds and I am feeling awesome right now! :)

I think I might squeeze another W1 in before W2 starts. A little extra practice wont hurt.
    You know, I was thinking about redoing my first one. I had all my info (the time, mileage, speed) typed and then my reply wouldn't post. I want to know how many miles I did and stuff. Hmm...
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Just saw this topic... I would like to join in and start tomorrow... I know I'm starting late, but I hope that's ok. Back in 2008/2009 I used to run 5k's + I ran a 10k + a 1/2 marathon... then my house burned down in april of 2009 and I totally stopped everything and gained 60 lbs. I found the MAP app this past April and have lost 15 so far and would really love to get back into running.
    Of course you can join! Welcome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Welcome 1ArmyMom1!

I just completed W2D1 this afternoon! it felt amazing! It was a little on the easy side for me but I need to take it slow and ease back into running. :smile:

Hope everyone has a good night!
    Great job!