Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    DarynE527 wrote: »
    I'd love to be a part of the group! I love encouraging others and could use a little motivation myself. :)

Welcome!! Hope you check in often!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Got two workouts in today. No idea how many calories I burned at the first one b/c it was very impromptu (I did have supervisors).

Met a friend for lunch time walk was much needed for stress release... I've got a lot of stress right now. (Work and my dad is in the hospital) so I'm glad I was able to walk.

Love your supervisors! I am preparing for a new puppy on Dec. 23rd so that will be eating up my ME time but it will be so worth it!! I can not wait!!!
    Hope your dad is ok... thoughts and prayers for your family! Hang in there sister! ;)

• ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Yay! I'm so excited-I finally got past the 220 mark! I have been struggling with those 2-3 lbs going up and down and couldn't break it, but finally I am at 219.1! Next small goal-get past the 210 mark. I haven't been that low in years! I have gone up and down for the last several years going from about 212 to almost 240. So to get below 210 I would be so happy! That goal is reachable! I know I can get there! Happy Thursday! Now-If we can just get a Packers win tonight-that would make my day even better! :)

Way to go!!!! Great job!! You can do this!!! It's got to feel so good!!!
    (pardon the language... but you earned it!)

tumblr_mcszjuvjUl1rewmebo1_500.jpg
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've been a little MIA, had a very busy week last week and then kind of was in a slump, not eating horrible, but not as good as I was. I havent worked out much, but have been getting my steps in.
    Today I am back at it strong and ready to go!! Headed out to run shortly, havent run in a week, I will probably redo my last run before I move onto the next stage.
    I got a little extra money from our fire department reimbursement this year so I am going to sign up for the bike race I have been debating doing! Spending the money should be a good motivator to get myself moving even more !
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - I'm trying super hard not to "stress eat" - my dad is not doing well. Had surgery Monday, did pretty good Tuesday and has gone down hill since then. Fever, kidney function is very low, confused, infection....MY LORD. He has been thru SO MUCH in the past 10 frickin' years. I feel like the punches keep coming... My poor mom has been by his side thru it all. A true example of marriage!! So I'm asking for prayers....for both of them. I stayed home to help with watching their house, cats, mail, etc. So my mom is there by herself with him... as she has been many times. This just SUCKS *kitten*!!! I hate it. - And work is extremely busy right now so between the two I'm about to lose it! Sorry to be Negative Nancy... just need to vent.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - I'm trying super hard not to "stress eat" - my dad is not doing well. Had surgery Monday, did pretty good Tuesday and has gone down hill since then. Fever, kidney function is very low, confused, infection....MY LORD. He has been thru SO MUCH in the past 10 frickin' years. I feel like the punches keep coming... My poor mom has been by his side thru it all. A true example of marriage!! So I'm asking for prayers....for both of them. I stayed home to help with watching their house, cats, mail, etc. So my mom is there by herself with him... as she has been many times. This just SUCKS *kitten*!!! I hate it. - And work is extremely busy right now so between the two I'm about to lose it! Sorry to be Negative Nancy... just need to vent.

That sucks - sorry you and your family are going through this. But, it sounds like your dad is a lucky man to have two strong women who love him in his corner. Prayers
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Yay! I'm so excited-I finally got past the 220 mark! I have been struggling with those 2-3 lbs going up and down and couldn't break it, but finally I am at 219.1! Next small goal-get past the 210 mark. I haven't been that low in years! I have gone up and down for the last several years going from about 212 to almost 240. So to get below 210 I would be so happy! That goal is reachable! I know I can get there! Happy Thursday! Now-If we can just get a Packers win tonight-that would make my day even better! :)

Woohoo!! Way to go!! And a Packers win would be the icing on the cake... but don't eat cake! :wink:
  • Jenshoes
    Jenshoes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Jenny, and I've been on a weight loss journey my whole life. I lost a bunch of weight last year, rather easily (I attribute that to some medical issues I was having and different hormones being in my body), but after my wedding in May, I put it all back on. I'm really struggling to lose the weight again. I definitely need some community to help me get past this hump.
    Jenny
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone, happy Friday :smiley: Its weigh in day and I have lost 2lbs this week. Yay me :smiley: I have a great weekend planned out with lots of walking and Christmas shopping and a few festive treats. Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the great work :smiley:
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ChangeIsADecision: Sending prayers to your dad and your family during this time, and I agree with mellow_cookie that your dad is a lucky man to have the strength of you and your mother. I understand stress eating more than I can even begin to explain, but maybe try to use exercise to help you filter the stress instead. I know it is easier said than done, but it will leave you feeling better than stress eating would.

So I woke up today and did my Friday weigh in like I have done before but was left a little discouraged this morning. I gained 0.3 pounds and I know this might sound like I am splitting hairs, but it shows that I need to revaluate this week. I stayed within my calories, but I didn't eat as clean as I had planned and had a few more adult beverages at some of the holiday outings this week. I will say though that I am still proud of myself for not reverting back to my old unhealthier ways when going out and also making better drink choices since I have been consistently logging everything that touches my lips. My fiancé says that he is starting to see changes in my body so that is also something for me to keep in mind. I am going to strive to do better this weekend and next week, and won't let a small number change undo how I feel inside.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Good morning all you lovely people. Just had the best morning ever :smiley: . I have been cloths shopping and i have gone down a size yippeeeeeee

vs612dn9o0je.jpg

This site has truly been the best thing i have joined.
    The motivation to keep going comes from all the lovely people I have had the pleasure of chatting with. Mainly on this post. you are all truly inspirational. Thank you

Stay strong. Stay positive and keep moving forwards.

Have a happy Monday :smiley:
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you lovely people. Just had the best morning ever :smiley: . I have been cloths shopping and i have gone down a size yippeeeeeee

vs612dn9o0je.jpg

The motivation to keep going comes from all the lovely people I have had the pleasure of chatting with. Mainly on this post. you are all truly inspirational. Thank you

I am so proud of you , you have done alot of hard work and you knocked it out of the park girl keep it up
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone , it is great to come on here and see the accomplishments everyone has achieved. I have managed to get thru all 3 Christmas parties this week-end and not gain anything phew.. I tried to keep in mind all the work I have done, I even avoided the sweets table :) that was a hard lol. Today it is back on track and get my steps in. Have a great Monday everyone, yous are great :smile:
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, the first step is admitting that you need help. I thought I could do it on my own but I have gained back 10 lbs this year and even though we are in the season of indulging I am going to log again. I have my exercise routine but too much snacking is my downfall. I am on the downward trend again!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    0505jen wrote: »
    Hi, the first step is admitting that you need help. I thought I could do it on my own but I have gained back 10 lbs this year and even though we are in the season of indulging I am going to log again. I have my exercise routine but too much snacking is my downfall. I am on the downward trend again!

welcome. :smiley: you have come to the best place. keep posting updates and we will support you all the way. we have a great bunch of people on here that are very supportive and positive.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I've been a little MIA, had a very busy week last week and then kind of was in a slump, not eating horrible, but not as good as I was. I havent worked out much, but have been getting my steps in.
    Today I am back at it strong and ready to go!! Headed out to run shortly, havent run in a week, I will probably redo my last run before I move onto the next stage.
    I got a little extra money from our fire department reimbursement this year so I am going to sign up for the bike race I have been debating doing! Spending the money should be a good motivator to get myself moving even more !

Gad to hear you are back at it strong! Keep it up Cassie!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Sorry to hear. hope things have got better since last I read. Sending thoughts and prayers for your family.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Jenshoes wrote: »
    Hi there! My name is Jenny, and I've been on a weight loss journey my whole life. I lost a bunch of weight last year, rather easily (I attribute that to some medical issues I was having and different hormones being in my body), but after my wedding in May, I put it all back on. I'm really struggling to lose the weight again. I definitely need some community to help me get past this hump.
    Jenny

Welcome Jenny! Check in often with us! Hope to help you on your journey!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good morning everyone, happy Friday :smiley: Its weigh in day and I have lost 2lbs this week. Yay me :smiley: I have a great weekend planned out with lots of walking and Christmas shopping and a few festive treats. Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the great work :smiley:

Way to go Gill!! 2 lbs!! You rock!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Awesome news!!! That's amazing! So glad we can help motivate! You keep going strong girl!! You are getting there!!! So happy for you!!!