MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We have to do all the packing and moving ourselves. More exercise for me I guess. Yeah, I think I need to just start getting rid of some of the food that's in our house. And no more buying special snack stuff for my husband unless it's something I don't like.

Good luck at the game tonight Kim. Hotdogs sound good to me right now. Too bad we have a bunch in the fridge and some hotdog buns that we, uh, don't want to have to pack....

Shannon, that's my biggest problem right now. I need to stop the snacking. Have fun with the turbo fire tonight. I hope it goes well.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well when we were packing to move. We didnt have the extra food to eat but ate out too much because of the lack of food. With all the moving I ended up losing a few when all was said and done. I hope the same result for you brit. Moving is not fun even when you want to do it and know where you are going.

I did my turbo fire. I really tried to put more into it and did burn a few more cals. I didnt get my little stretch in but I think ill do the extended one when my kids go to bed. It sounds really good right now.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Where is our fellow lush Debbie?! :sad:

45 mins exercise done.
    Cals logged for the day even with drinks I SHOULD stay under cals easily.
    No desserts today.
    Water, water, water :drinker:

wtg shamrock!

You need to win an immunity or something for when you sister comes Kim :wink: :wink:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello? hello? Is this where I am supposed to be? I couldn't find the thread...
    Lushed Friday Saturday and tonight, please all of you, I don't care where you are from or which team you are for but pray that basketball season ends tonight. The playoffs have put a serious crimp in my weight loss advancement. I am still going down but nothing like I could have been. Sorry to say, I probably won't have a big whopping loss this week like we all hoped. Hopefully at least a loss though. I need some motivation to get back on track with counting calories. I have made breakfast and lunch menus for the week, now for dinner.... suggestions? Something easy DH can make as he usually does dinner and if not directed it will come out of a frozen box. Tonight is chicken taco's though.

Kim, sorry about the company :laugh: I'm sure that puts a crimp in your plans too.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    TOTAL FAILURE...chips and light beers...ate until 8 PM :sad: :brokenheart:

I just might be the one this week...only good thing is I have bumped up the exercise and the F/V intake :ohwell:
  • faithikins
    Options
    We can't lose you Kim, nooooooooooooo :sad:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Welcome Debbie! Well, basketball is over, you are meaning the NBA right? I don't watch it but I know its over. I'm a hockey fan myself, and that only has maybe 2 games left, we'll see. Anyway - its over so now you can move on for healthier choices. Chicken tacos sounds great!! Hmmm, how bout maybe having some things around to grill - grilling is pretty healthy, or it can be. You can have some low-cal sides. I have a recipe for an awesome asian coleslaw that goes good in the summer. Burgers aren't bad either depending on the condiments, and bunless are even better.

Kim - rought night huh? Well, up the water and the workouts. F/V are good! Make some lighter choices today and tomorrow and you'll be all good! Positive thinking chica!

I'm feeling pretty good. I have good foods at work, so no fast food and icky snacking. Leftover homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight, or tomorrow. I have burger I need to cook up and make something with that. Continuing my workouts and hoping to see some poundage change in the next 4 weeks. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am hoping that this is water weight. We will see. The company is gone so I am able to focus on the things that I need too. The only thing is the ballgames every night and whether to eat before or after them. So, goals for today are:

Eating an early dinnner at 5:30...maybe, a 200 calorie snack at 8 - 8:30 if I need one
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Logging calories for the next 2 days...weighing and measuring like like a mo fo'
    No booze...except that we are supposed to go meet some people at a restaurant for their son's birthday after the ballgame. I think I might just send hubs with a gift so that I don't face temptation :devil:
    60 to 90 minutes of exercise each day
    96 oz of water :drinker:

Wish I could rig my scale somehow....:happy:
  • mcdebbie
    Options

Ever tried standing on one foot?
  • nehtaeh
    Options

Does that work?
  • nisijam5
    Options

Does that work?

I would only try that if hubs wasn't watching...he already questions the things I do :blushing:
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm stalking on here...... YOU ALL ARE NAUGHTY for even thinking up how to modify the real numbers on your scale!!! :noway:
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ha, I am off to buy some distilled water...
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I don't think I could stand on one leg and still take a pic of my number. Besides, I would think all your weight would still be on the scale, but I really don't know how they work. I just keep taking off more clothes til I have no more. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have 5 kettlebell classes that I am signed up for...if I don't get eliminated this week, I will come back superstrong...wonder who's going to get Immunity?

Wonder what the FF's are up too?? I hope up 2 to 3 lbs :laugh:

I'm making Carolina Pork Chops tonight

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 (4-ounce) center-cut pork loin chops
    Cooking spray
    1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Preparation
    Prepare grill.
    Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub pork with spice mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
    Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes. Turn pork; grill 2 minutes. Brush each chop with 1 tablespoon sauce, and grill 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.

Note: An easy rub flavors these grilled chops. Let them stand about 10 minutes before grilling, allowing the meat to absorb the flavorful spice rub.

Amount per serving
    Calories: 185
    Calories from fat: 34%
    Fat: 6.9g
    Saturated fat: 2.4g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Protein: 24.6g
    Carbohydrate: 5g
    Fiber: 0.8g
    Cholesterol: 65mg
    Iron: 1.1mg
    Sodium: 477mg
    Calcium: 35mg
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kettlebell classes that I am signed up for...if I don't get eliminated this week, I will come back superstrong...wonder who's going to get Immunity?

I'm making Carolina Pork Chops tonight

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 (4-ounce) center-cut pork loin chops
    Cooking spray
    1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Preparation
    Prepare grill.
    Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub pork with spice mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
    Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes. Turn pork; grill 2 minutes. Brush each chop with 1 tablespoon sauce, and grill 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.

Note: An easy rub flavors these grilled chops. Let them stand about 10 minutes before grilling, allowing the meat to absorb the flavorful spice rub.

Amount per serving
    Calories: 185
    Calories from fat: 34%
    Fat: 6.9g
    Saturated fat: 2.4g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Protein: 24.6g
    Carbohydrate: 5g
    Fiber: 0.8g
    Cholesterol: 65mg
    Iron: 1.1mg
    Sodium: 477mg
    Calcium: 35mg

Well I'll just say, unless everyone else is having a terrible week, I'm not going to get a third win this week :( Tomorrow we have to go back to where we're moving to sign papers on a house, so we'll be out all day and probably eating somewhere I shouldn't.

Those pork chops sound great. I'm going to have to try those some night, my husband loves pork chops.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Brit...at least you found a house!!!

Try to eat at Panera or Applebee's where the calories are listed up front. As for the pork chops, I'll let you know the concensus from the family (hubs & 4 kids). Anyway, they look uber easy to make and that's all I care about right now.

Don't forget you get the 0.5 lb advantage for this weigh-in. That is definitely going to beat me.
  • mcdebbie
    Options

Does that work?

I don't know, every time I tried it I fell off. :blushing:
  • faithikins
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 lbs so far already when I just snuck a look. I need to get drunk more often it seems not less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • faithikins
    Options

:laugh: :sad: :laugh: