The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was in on the old board, fell down went under the holiday bus, now I am ready to really move forward. I readjusted my goals, my workout, my socializing... EVERYTHING i could think of to help me have a better chance at success.

My cut-off will be 7:30.... after that I will only have water or hot tea (to relax).

Grammymax, My great aunts name is Esther I have another named Ethel. I have always loved those names. My Grandma's name was Evelyn. I almost named my 3 year old Evelyn... but we went with my mother's name and my husbands mothers name.
  • TrishB
    TrishB Posts: 33
    Options
    Would love to join this challenge! My cut off time will be 9 pm ( I stay up cleaning really late) Im glad to see this thread starting!!! :flowerforyou:
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Two nights now I have met my cut off head-on! This is a really tough challenge for me but I think I can actually do this! :smile:
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!

Last night was easier for me because I'm sick and just went to bed at 7:30 and slept some of the night. Being sick offers up some advantages - don't feel like eating... but disadvantages - don't feel like exercising. Awe well I'm hoping the zycam will start working ASAP and then I'll feel good enough to exercise later.

Yay for all the NON-snacking in the PM!
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Day 3 down and working on day 4 tonight. Last night wasnt so bad actually. After dinnr I realized I still hadnt eating 1200 calories so I went and got my bag of pecans and walnuts and started shelling and eating them. I tried not to eat to many of them I think I ate 5 walnuts and 3 pecans. And it was all before 7 pm.

Connie
    Way 2 go Connie! I just bought some almonds to use up my left over calories on. :)
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Tonite after a nice dinner I realized I was still physically hungry, so ate a dozen pecan halves before calling it quts for the night. Normally, I'd just ignore that I needed more food which often resulted in snacking on any and everything all evening long. At least that's my current insight--make sure I actually eat enough for dinner! Does anyone else struggle with this undereat (or skip meals) which then triggers almost binge-like eating?

Yes I do the binge-like eating - mine occurs at 3:30 - 4ish or around 9. Since doing the no eating after challenge - the 9 o'clock has improved. The 3:30-4ish ... not so much - though now I'm grabbing cauliflower w/ cocktail sauce (poor-man shrimp) instead of a candy bar. I'm finding if I set up 5 times a day to eat (breaking my calories down into 50, 250, 100, 200, 600 intervals) I am not as hungry during the day. I like snacking all day, I'm not a breakfast - lunch person - so this is working out better for me. Good luck!
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I am so glad for this challenge. I was hungry last night and if I weren't committed and accountable to YOU I would probably have eaten something not necessary:ohwell: However, I remembered that I wasn't going to eat after 7:00 and I stuck to it. Thanks to this thread.
    Have a great day.
    Esther

Esther - I'm the same way! If I'm not held accountable and committed - I go off the deep end - usually hard too. Keep up the good work!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting in the challenge but I've continued with trying to do this one. Since this monday (the end of my holidays and the start of eating right for me) I haven't been eating after 8PM. No one asked but I chose that cutoff time so I could have one last snack during my break at work. Usually the break is at 7:15 but the odd time it gets pushed to 7:30 or even 7:45 if we're busy. :happy:

ANYWAY.

YAY for challenges
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    YAY for challenges

And yeay for you! :flowerforyou:

I haven't been able to turn last Mo into the "back on MFP" Mo (other than the boards), but I see it coming. I guess throwing a party this Sat is what scares me away - I hardly see myself turning to tea&watter as soon as the guests arrive. :laugh:

I wish I were strong enough as to say: I'm in for the challenge and will set for Sat the cut-off on 10p.m., as an exception. This would for sure save me from quite some of the cals that I'm putting in. But instead I just go "whatever". Well, I'll be back on track soon, I know it! :grumble:

Sorry, I had to let it out... :embarassed:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was in on the old board, fell down went under the holiday bus, now I am ready to really move forward.

Yeay, welcome back! Nice to see you around (your profile pic is so familiar :wink: ).
    :flowerforyou:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nothing after 7 pm last night - day one down!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I'm happy to see some familiar faces and some new ones. Dewpearl, hang in there. You know you can do it. Don't worry about the party. I have a later cut-off time for special occasions. You have to be realistic. Maybe make your cut-off 2 hours before you go to sleep.
    Someone mentioned the bingin and I have to confess I tend to do that mid-afternoon too and again right before my cut-off time. I feel so guilty. But, at least, I stop at cut-off and that's better than continuiing to binge til bedtime.:laugh:
    Anyway, I have a houseful of people so I better get back. I'm so proud of everyone and so happy that you are all up for the challenge. :happy:
    This is definitely helping me. We have gone 3 nights since the official start of this new challenge and tonight will be Day 4. Keep up the great work!!!
    Zaza
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I want to join if it isn't too late?
    My Cut Off Will Be 7:00 pm
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ten10. It's never too late to join I don't think.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Ten - Grammymax is right. It's never too late to join. Just keep track of how many consecutive days you don't snack after your cut-off time. The challenge started "officially" on Jan.5 so last night was Day 4. Anyone who goes past their individual cut-off time, goes back to Day 1 (that has happened to me many times previously). So, this challenge really does lend itself to anyone joining at any time.

On Feb. 1, we'll see who had the longest run of days without late night snacking. Then, we'll all start over again at Day 1 just to keep it fresh and allow everyone to be on the same page. Feb. Hopefully, the spirit of friendly competition will spur everyone to succeed and lose weight.:happy:

So, welcome to all newcomers and great work to everyone who has been sticking with this. I know this can be hard. I was very tempted last night to cheat, but this challenge kept me in line.
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Two days down - nothing before bed last night. Ate a late dinner and nothing after that.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Another night down without snacking. Last night was hard for me too and I was tempted several times to give in but like zaza said - the challenge kept me in check!
    Have a great day,
    Esther
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    One day under the belt.... But I woke up starving this morning LOL
    I had a banana and a yogurt for breakfast and while I was getting the kiddies their breakfast, I realized I wasn't hungry anymore. Now it is almost lunch time and the hunger is finally coming back.
    I hope to go for 2 tonight.
    Cut off at 7:30 still. That way I have a chance at a cocktail:drinker: after the kiddies are in bed. I did all my chores this week and that is my reward:happy:
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I had a banana and a yogurt for breakfast and while I was getting the kiddies their breakfast, I realized I wasn't hungry anymore. Now it is almost lunch time and the hunger is finally coming back.
    Cut off at 7:30 still. That way I have a chance at a cocktail:drinker: after the kiddies are in bed. I did all my chores this week and that is my reward:happy:

I was going to reward myself with a cocktail tonight too because I exercised 30 minutes everyday for the last 9 days... LOL (but now I'm sick and a cocktail is the last thing I want.) So now I'm going to reward myself with halls cough drops and a hot bubbly menthal bath. LOL! Oh the simple joys. :flowerforyou:

I conquered another night of no snacking for me - last night was kind of difficult b/c husband wasn't home and I was bored... really a big test. So I brushed my teeth and went to bed after the kids were asleep.
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options

I was going to reward myself with a cocktail tonight too because I exercised 30 minutes everyday for the last 9 days... LOL (but now I'm sick and a cocktail is the last thing I want.) So now I'm going to reward myself with halls cough drops and a hot bubbly menthal bath. LOL! Oh the simple joys. :flowerforyou:

I conquered another night of no snacking for me - last night was kind of difficult b/c husband wasn't home and I was bored... really a big test. So I brushed my teeth and went to bed after the kids were asleep.

It's tough not to snack when I'm bored or have extra time on my hands. Late nights are difficult for me because it's the only time during the day that I have to myself. I'm trying to keep busy, but relaxed, working jigsaw puzzles and working on jewelry. Also, knowing that there are all of you working on this challenge helps me to know that I'm not alone!!