Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Our poor lonely thread.

I know, ever since the buried the notifications from this thread in with the batcave notifications, I never get to check it....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    While waiting in line to pay for my coffee every morning at our work cafeteria, I look at you, I look at what you are buying to eat, and I judge you...but silently, and then I move on...

I like to look at and secretly judge people's shopping carts while in line a the grocery store :innocent:

The only time I judged someone while being a cashier was a lady who bought around $300.00-$400.00 on Easter Candy with their Food Stamp card. Normally I couldn't careless what people buy with their Access cards, but that ticked me off! That money could've went to people who were desperately in need for more nourishing meals & some junk food. If she would've bought a reasonable amount of candy I wouldn't have thought anything of it, because her kids could then get a special treat.

I like to look at people's carts too, but at the same time I know people look at mine haha when I buy 3-4 ice creams.

I have that if my 9 year old is with me when I buy ice cream, I get less judgmental looks from people. I did have a woman ask me how I eat ice cream and stay skinny not too long ago. "if I get one bowl before my teenagers find it, it's a miracle," I said.
    It's the 4 bags of chips that I buy weekly for the boys' lunches that really get me the judgmental looks though. One woman even said something about them. The manager was running a register, looked at her and said, "not that her food is your decision, but she has 4 kids and none of them like the same flavor." I have been shopping there for a long long time for the cashiers to know that...

Edit: " I have FOUND that..."

I always secretly laugh to myself when I buy 6 bags of carrots, 10 bags of animal crackers, 6 cans of progresso soup, a bunch of water and then maybe a card or something. Or last night when I bough 20 bags of starlight mints at target. Yes, 20. Its hard to find those big bags and the horses go through a LOT of mints!

<3! Your one horse wanted to eat the whole bag :D.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I used to go to several (2-4) fast food places one after the other and eat in my car. :(

Been there.

This is one of the reasons I don't like to drink anymore. I would go eat dinner (healthy) and drink a couple of glasses of wine, then leave the restaurant and go through the mcdonald drive through and get a mcflurry!

the wine these days goes right to my head....and then all my restrictions on food go right out the window.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    hmmm i wanted to make 1660....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I feel that way when I am at the barn in the dead of winter and my turtle neck keeps riding up. Or my socks keep falling down. I go home and throw them away.

I get mad when my shirt sleeves are so long that I have to keep rolling them up my arms.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    but can't binge post...
  • lucasdarathy
    lucasdarathy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

It's stupid, but that's how I feel.
  • cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i just gave my daughter some of my treat of the day just to stay under my calories. At least for now my excuse is shes underweight and can afford it. :o
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Let's see... a confession... I used to steal money from my sisters, put it in the couch and pretend I 'found' it when I was little. Of course when I was finding $$$ every day, my parents figured it out. Kids are so dumb.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

I think everyone feels that way. Especially if I get lax about going then start again. And I need to go again! I feel very self-conscious until I get into my routine!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I feel that way when I am at the barn in the dead of winter and my turtle neck keeps riding up. Or my socks keep falling down. I go home and throw them away.

I get mad when my shirt sleeves are so long that I have to keep rolling them up my arms.

That is why I don't buy men's clothing anymore. I used to but the sleeves are so long!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    While waiting in line to pay for my coffee every morning at our work cafeteria, I look at you, I look at what you are buying to eat, and I judge you...but silently, and then I move on...

I like to look at and secretly judge people's shopping carts while in line a the grocery store :innocent:

The only time I judged someone while being a cashier was a lady who bought around $300.00-$400.00 on Easter Candy with their Food Stamp card. Normally I couldn't careless what people buy with their Access cards, but that ticked me off! That money could've went to people who were desperately in need for more nourishing meals & some junk food. If she would've bought a reasonable amount of candy I wouldn't have thought anything of it, because her kids could then get a special treat.

I like to look at people's carts too, but at the same time I know people look at mine haha when I buy 3-4 ice creams.

I have that if my 9 year old is with me when I buy ice cream, I get less judgmental looks from people. I did have a woman ask me how I eat ice cream and stay skinny not too long ago. "if I get one bowl before my teenagers find it, it's a miracle," I said.
    It's the 4 bags of chips that I buy weekly for the boys' lunches that really get me the judgmental looks though. One woman even said something about them. The manager was running a register, looked at her and said, "not that her food is your decision, but she has 4 kids and none of them like the same flavor." I have been shopping there for a long long time for the cashiers to know that...

Edit: " I have FOUND that..."

I always secretly laugh to myself when I buy 6 bags of carrots, 10 bags of animal crackers, 6 cans of progresso soup, a bunch of water and then maybe a card or something. Or last night when I bough 20 bags of starlight mints at target. Yes, 20. Its hard to find those big bags and the horses go through a LOT of mints!

<3! Your one horse wanted to eat the whole bag :D.

All 20 of them if I let them!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay I'll try another one. A few weeks ago I threw away my neighbors M&Ms in her trash can. Into a clean bag. Nothing else in it. I went back later and took a (few) handfuls back out. I feel this thread inspired me to do that.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Crap still didn't make it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sigh. I guess I'll go lay down and see if some other folks post. I'll probably then miss it.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    oh I see what you are doing. I must have a cold. I am slow.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I confess that I want to get things done tonight but I have no capacity to think or to do so my paperwork won't get done but neither will a home improvement project.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    POF, you are welcome. I did help even though I misunderstood what you were doing at first!
  • nonoelmo
    edited December 2015
    Options

I just tell myself it is ok for me to look a mess (or whatever) while I am getting in shape. I give myself permission to look weird and make faces and get sweaty because it pays off in the end.

ETA - I hope that helps you feel better. I am sure you look fine on the treadmill but really, who really cares what you look like, the great thing is that you are doing something good for you. :smiley: