Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    i just gave my daughter some of my treat of the day just to stay under my calories. At least for now my excuse is shes underweight and can afford it. :o

That sounds like a win-win situation to me! Well done mom!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @pofoster21 this is for you --- and now you are not here -- and now I will not be here. I hope you get here soon!
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Here you are on 1600.
  • MarciMarsea
    MarciMarsea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A few observations ... Had no idea horses like mints; who among us hasn't taken food back out of the clean trash (especially sugar); the gym ... anyone who walks through the doors has already succeeded - focus on your own wellness. My confession ... I have to start anew every day because I CANT STOP EATING!!! Not gorging, but this, then that, then something else. Obsessed. "Maybe" tomorrow I won't over eat.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    A few observations ... Had no idea horses like mints; who among us hasn't taken food back out of the clean trash (especially sugar); the gym ... anyone who walks through the doors has already succeeded - focus on your own wellness. My confession ... I have to start anew every day because I CANT STOP EATING!!! Not gorging, but this, then that, then something else. Obsessed. "Maybe" tomorrow I won't over eat.

You sound like you are on your way. How about just putting each little bit off just a little longer. Sure, I'll have a little of that....in 3 minutes. Or in 8 minutes. Each time you put it off you have a success. It might not work for you but it helped me in my snacking at work.
  • MarciMarsea
    MarciMarsea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will try the delay tactic. And then perhaps only two bites when I do decide to eat whatever it is.
  • nonoelmo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nice @MarciMarsea Baby steps go a long way!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I have actually mixed a spoonful of the powder with a spoonful of peanut butter and eaten that.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    cake21 wrote: »
    My confession is that I was so hungry today I ate mouldy grapes :open_mouth:

I have (fortunately) never been that hungry.
    I have taken out moldy cheese, cut off the mold and eaten it (the clean parts, not the mold).

I have done that, too...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

It's stupid, but that's how I feel.

Want to know a secret? I hardly ever notice other people in the gym. Just do your thing...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    i just gave my daughter some of my treat of the day just to stay under my calories. At least for now my excuse is shes underweight and can afford it. :o

And, there she is, saying what I am thinking again.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

You sound like you are on your way. How about just putting each little bit off just a little longer. Sure, I'll have a little of that....in 3 minutes. Or in 8 minutes. Each time you put it off you have a success. It might not work for you but it helped me in my snacking at work.

I did this all day today... I wanted Reese's pieces, but kept telling myself I would get them right after I follow up on this email or return this call. I never did make it to the vending machines.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

And, there she is, saying what I am thinking again.

Good night long lost sis. :smile: bed time for me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @pofoster21 we made it to 1660 and you are missing it!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Horses love mints. I thought of @pofoster21 Saturday when I was feeding the draft horses at a local living history farmstead. I told the man in charge I wished I had mints for them. He said they'd never let me leave if I did.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I had a stupid camera sad moment yesterday. I had a picture taken with one of my favourite skaters last week, and even though he looks quite tall and well-built on the ice he's actually shorter than I am and so slender my hand could almost span his waist. (It was like having my arm around a concrete pole, though. Rock-solid muscle.) Until now I've been really happy with what I've been seeing in the mirror every morning. When I open this picture I just want to cry, because I look so horrible in it, huge :'(

And even though it's dumb and he was so nice I can't help but think he must have wondered about this creepy fat woman who wanted to get a picture with him.

He sounds tiny, not that you are big. You are a skater, you can't be very large!

I'm 173cm (5'8") and 98kg (I don't know the exact conversion but it's still over 200lbs). His official height measurement on his ISU bio is 173cm also (but elite skaters lie a lot about their heights for some reason) and his listed weight is 63kg. The difference was...noticeable. (Of course, Logical Brain is busy telling Emotional Brain "he's an elite athlete, bozo brain! An Olympian! Stop comparing!" Emotional Brain isn't listening.)

Anyway, I did have a positive moment while watching last week. During the adult competition I saw a lady who was much bigger than me landing doubles. This made me happy and a little bit inspired! I feel bad for the lady though because my brain literally went: "She's so much bigger than me! If she can do it, I can too!"
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    cake21 wrote: »
    My confession is that I was so hungry today I ate mouldy grapes :open_mouth:

I have (fortunately) never been that hungry.
    I have taken out moldy cheese, cut off the mold and eaten it (the clean parts, not the mold).

So have I, but I justify it by saying cheese is aged and moldy anyway! :D
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    yay! I think I made it.. I went to bed and never got up again!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

This is always tough... Do you tell him to ensure he doesn't forget...but he shouldn't forget!!! You will start getting batcave birthday cards so if he goes to your house you may not need to. :)

He seems pretty thoughtful, hopefully he will come up with something nice....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I had a stupid camera sad moment yesterday. I had a picture taken with one of my favourite skaters last week, and even though he looks quite tall and well-built on the ice he's actually shorter than I am and so slender my hand could almost span his waist. (It was like having my arm around a concrete pole, though. Rock-solid muscle.) Until now I've been really happy with what I've been seeing in the mirror every morning. When I open this picture I just want to cry, because I look so horrible in it, huge :'(

And even though it's dumb and he was so nice I can't help but think he must have wondered about this creepy fat woman who wanted to get a picture with him.

He sounds tiny, not that you are big. You are a skater, you can't be very large!

I'm 173cm (5'8") and 98kg (I don't know the exact conversion but it's still over 200lbs). His official height measurement on his ISU bio is 173cm also (but elite skaters lie a lot about their heights for some reason) and his listed weight is 63kg. The difference was...noticeable. (Of course, Logical Brain is busy telling Emotional Brain "he's an elite athlete, bozo brain! An Olympian! Stop comparing!" Emotional Brain isn't listening.)

Anyway, I did have a positive moment while watching last week. During the adult competition I saw a lady who was much bigger than me landing doubles. This made me happy and a little bit inspired! I feel bad for the lady though because my brain literally went: "She's so much bigger than me! If she can do it, I can too!"

I totally get that...elite runners and elite triathletes are sooo tiny...and I often have that feeling too when I am in a competition...oh I can beat that person, she is MUCH bigger than me! (of course then that person beats the pants off me, size is NOT an indication of fitness!)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Horses love mints. I thought of @pofoster21 Saturday when I was feeding the draft horses at a local living history farmstead. I told the man in charge I wished I had mints for them. He said they'd never let me leave if I did.

HA! At first I read that as they would never let you feed it to the horses if you did, then re-read it. Yep, they love their mints.