30 day shred starting 3rd June

Options

Replies

• dahlstromdanae
    Options
    2 weeks of shred, i lost 2 inches in my waist and 1 in my hips. I only lost 4 pounds, but for the first time in my life, i have muscles you can see in my arms! I told my 8 year old I was going to take him to "the gun show". He laughed and said OK! Lets go!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Hello all, I was just wondering how heavy your weights are. I want to get some weights and the DVD, but would like some input before deciding which weights to buy. Thanks
    I use 3 lb weights. For most of the moves, they work well, but personally I feel like I could step up to 5 lb weights for the chest fly exercises to make them more challenging.
  • schafferkc
    Options
    I bought it and want to start it tonight or tomorrow morning... how do you log these exercise calories?? just aerobics for 20 minutes for each segment you do?
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I bought it and want to start it tonight or tomorrow morning... how do you log these exercise calories?? just aerobics for 20 minutes for each segment you do?

I've seen it logged as "Interval Training". If you've got a HRM, it definitely makes it easier.
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in started today on level one.....it almost killed me...i need to get some weights ,,,i was useing cans of beans!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I'm in started today on level one.....it almost killed me...i need to get some weights ,,,i was useing cans of beans!
    I feel your pain! The first time I did Level 1, I was sore for three days straight. It gets easier over time!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Confession: I did Day 9, but i phoned it in as Jillian says.

LOL hahahaha omg SculptAndTone I laughed SO HARD after reading your post that I almost fell off my chair. hahahahaha.

Sorry I have been MIA everyone! I got SICK with a cold and had to skip two days of shredding. But I felt a lot better today so I got right back to it and finished day 10 on level 1! I see that a lot of people have gone to L2 and I will be doing that tomorrow! I am VERY SCARED haha. Especially because I didn't do the workout for two days but I didn't feel like I lost any of the endurance/strength that I had built previously so that's a good thing. I feel comfortable enough to try out L2 tomorrow. Wish me luck! I will need all I can get.

So proud of everyone for working so hard! I will check back in tomorrow after my first shred on L2...if I am still alive. Haha.
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am trying to get through all 30 days....but I feel like I have hit a wall...I am on day 11 L2 and instead of getting easier it seems to be getting harder....My shin splints have come back full force (I'm sitting here icing them as we speak)....I think I need some motivation because right now I really want to quick....I don't see any noticeable different with my body...I haven't lost any weight....and my shins are killing me....Hopefully I can make it through the rest I know we only have like a little over 2 weeks left...soo I am going to keep going.....but grrrr LOL

Thank you for listening to me rant!

Maryjane
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am trying to get through all 30 days....but I feel like I have hit a wall...I am on day 11 L2 and instead of getting easier it seems to be getting harder....My shin splints have come back full force (I'm sitting here icing them as we speak)....I think I need some motivation because right now I really want to quick....I don't see any noticeable different with my body...I haven't lost any weight....and my shins are killing me....Hopefully I can make it through the rest I know we only have like a little over 2 weeks left...soo I am going to keep going.....but grrrr LOL

Thank you for listening to me rant!

Maryjane

Hey Maryjane!

Keep with it! I completed day 9 today and am struggling as well. I decided when I move onto level 2 I am going to get a manicure as a little reward of sticking to it. I have seen so many before and after pictures with great resuts. I too have seen very little progress in my midsection (the place we all really want to get rid of), but after taking 2 days off (for a camping trip) I really noticed how a day or two here felt. Not good!! I almost felt like I was taking 2 huge steps backward by not shredding. As much as it sucks to keep with it I have a sense that my muscles are getting stronger, but I just can't see it on the outside yet. I am thinking level 3 is really where I am going to see my results. I have done so many other things and quit becuase I didn't see results quickly. I am trying to stick to it for 30 days and see what happens... if I don't see any results then I don't have to do it again and at least I burned 200 calories a day doing it. If it does work then woo hoo! Keep going and don't give up!

Amy

P.S. I completed Day 9 today... tomorrow is my last day of Level 1 :smile: TOTALLY scared for Level 2!
  • sunnikim
    sunnikim Posts: 30
    Options
    I too am at a point where I feel like I've hit a wall motivation-wise. I did day 10 yesterday, L2. Today, I decided to do some elliptical training on my lunch break and it felt GOOD! It was nice to mix it up. I think my wall is a mental obstacle (sure, my body is TIRED, but mentally I think I'm wanting to pull out of the commitment). BUT....I'm not letting myself do it. I am going to continue tonight with D11, L2 even though I did some elliptical. It was a nice change of pace. I am committed to finishing the 30 days....hang in there, just remember, we're all in it with you, don't give up!!
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I skipped all exercise on Sunday. It wasn't my intention but by the time I was going to Shred it out...my stomach was still full from the time I had dinner. But I came back strong the next day, moved myself into Level 2 and I'll be there til the end of week three. Those plank position exercises are tough but man can I feel it. Today is done!

So far here is my stat on Shred

Day 1, 6/3 through Day 7---L1

Day 8, 6/10 ---L2
    Sunday skipped
    Day 9--- L2

For me, Day 30 is on July 30

Kiana
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done. Tomorrow Day 11 and I've decided to give Level 2 a shot. I've also decided if I'm not ready that's ok too. jillian wouldn't like that attitude , but luckily she's not really in my living room.
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Day 9 complete. I was feeling ambitious, so I went ahead and moved on to Level 2. What a challenge! Some of the moves were fairly simple, but toward the end of circuit 3, I was really pushing hard. I definitely have to keep following Anita because there's no way I can do the advanced moves at this point.
  • natp23
    natp23 Posts: 11
    Options
    You guys are amazing! I'm new to exercising and started the 30 day shred today (after motivation from reading your success stories). Holy crap I'm hurting already!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 today. I dont have my case with me, my daughter has it, sooooo how long am I supposed to do level 1 before moving onto level 2?
  • anna_b1
    Options
    I started level 1 today. I dont have my case with me, my daughter has it, sooooo how long am I supposed to do level 1 before moving onto level 2?

Jillian suggests you spend 10 days on each level. There are 3 levels in total which would cover the entire 30 days.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just finished day 11 and today was my first day doing L2 and pardon my language but HOLY HELL. Those damn squat thrusts or whatever they are called were killer! It's a whole different story at L2. I had to work so much harder, sweated so much more, and I couldn't do every single rep. I remember when I first started doing the shred on L1, I felt like it was hard but I was still able to keep up. It didn't feel as crazy as today did! I was huffing and puffing and falling all over the place because I have ZERO balance. I was a hot mess by the time the 25 mins was over haha. I hope it gets easier.

I completely feel y'all on not really seeing the results in my body. But I do FEEL like I am stronger. Someone suggested looking at the before and after pictures and stats for people who have done the 30DS and I think that's a REALLY good idea. It will definitely give you lot's of motivation because I know when I see those threads it makes me want to keep going.

Don't give up! We are all on the same boat...and we've already been working so hard for so long, let's not stop now!
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I wanted to check in with you guys! I have skipped the last 2 days of 30 day shred (last time was Monday, Day 10 L 2). I did an hour of a killer boot camp yesterday and my arms are sooooooooooooooo sore. I just couldn't get up the nerve to do 30 day shred today so I will be back at it tomorrow. This is my first rest day exercise wise in 14 days so I feel justified!!! Sometimes you just need a break (considering I can't lift my arms past my chin :noway: .
    I'm very proud of all my Shredder buddies on here! Keep it up!
    Laurie
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Jillian suggests you spend 10 days on each level. There are 3 levels in total which would cover the entire 30 days.

Do you take rest days or is it 30 days straight?
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just finished day 11 and today was my first day doing L2 and pardon my language but HOLY HELL. Those damn squat thrusts or whatever they are called were killer! It's a whole different story at L2. I had to work so much harder, sweated so much more, and I couldn't do every single rep. I remember when I first started doing the shred on L1, I felt like it was hard but I was still able to keep up. It didn't feel as crazy as today did! I was huffing and puffing and falling all over the place because I have ZERO balance. I was a hot mess by the time the 25 mins was over haha. I hope it gets easier.

Don't give up! We are all on the same boat...and we've already been working so hard for so long, let's not stop now!

LOL! I'm a hot mess right now! I just finished Day3 or Level 2 and I'm sweating all over the place. However, apart from those stupid chair squats or those bloody one legged shoulder raises, I don't find Level 2 as difficult as Level 1 in some respects. I definitely think the cardio is easier for me.

Stopping isn't an option for any of us. I don't know that my body has changed all that much, but the very idea that I'm doing this at all is so inspiring. I just can't stop now!

So glad we're in this together! :)