Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @pofoster21 this is for you --- and now you are not here -- and now I will not be here. I hope you get here soon!
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Here you are on 1600.

Aww thank you! I went to 'rest' and never got up again. My first thought on waking was oh, no, i"ll bet I missed 1660!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Every time I get within 5 lbs of my goal weight I stop eating properly and gain back some weight. I have no self control :(
    I have just found this thread again! And although I'm not actively trying to lose weight..I do this. I can't seem to be right where I want because as soon as I get right there, I go right back up (usually sodium and all that) but it's a constant back and forth.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    If you cough and/or sneeze into your hands, I judge you as a person who is ignorant regarding basic contemporary hygiene practices.

Eh you'd hate me. Sometimes I forgot to not do this, whooops.

If you have to sneeze or cough what are you supposed to do in contemporary hygiene. I must have missed this Emily Post update.

Sneeze/cough into your bent elbow, or a tissue. Or if you do sneeze into your hand, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after.

They call it "sneezing or coughing into you chicken wing" at school. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession: I'm hearing noises in my apartment but I'm too lazy to get up and check them out :o I reaaaaally don't feel like moving!

Haha!
    We do that too..we just blame the cats. Until that one day when it's not the cats!! :o
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    cake21 wrote: »
    My confession is that I was so hungry today I ate mouldy grapes :open_mouth:

I have (fortunately) never been that hungry.
    I have taken out moldy cheese, cut off the mold and eaten it (the clean parts, not the mold).

Same.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

This is always tough... Do you tell him to ensure he doesn't forget...but he shouldn't forget!!! You will start getting batcave birthday cards so if he goes to your house you may not need to. :)

He seems pretty thoughtful, hopefully he will come up with something nice....

He brought it up out of the blue last night. I will be out of town for your birthday but you pick whatever restaurant you want for your birthday dinner the evening I am back. :smiley:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

It's stupid, but that's how I feel.

Just by being in the gym, you are showing a level of commitment that many lack. Other people in the gym respect that, and unless you are doing something really bizarre, no one is concerned with your exercise form!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

It's stupid, but that's how I feel.

Just by being in the gym, you are showing a level of commitment that many lack. Other people in the gym respect that, and unless you are doing something really bizarre, no one is concerned with your exercise form!

This is completely true! I am always impressed by someone who is in the gym trying.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    cake21 wrote: »
    My confession is that I was so hungry today I ate mouldy grapes :open_mouth:

I have (fortunately) never been that hungry.
    I have taken out moldy cheese, cut off the mold and eaten it (the clean parts, not the mold).

I do this all the time... We buy a TON of cheese. Usually, we eat it before this happens, but cheese is too expensive to throw out!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I feel that way when I am at the barn in the dead of winter and my turtle neck keeps riding up. Or my socks keep falling down. I go home and throw them away.

I get mad when my shirt sleeves are so long that I have to keep rolling them up my arms.

I hate it when my shirt sleeves are too short. Hehe. I never have sleeves too long. :(
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Okay I'll try another one. A few weeks ago I threw away my neighbors M&Ms in her trash can. Into a clean bag. Nothing else in it. I went back later and took a (few) handfuls back out. I feel this thread inspired me to do that.

A couple of weeks ago, I threw away a bag of candy corn. My husband saw them in the trash and rescued them, hid them in the pantry. I found them in the pantry and ate them all anyhow. He defeated me! Ugh!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I had a stupid camera sad moment yesterday. I had a picture taken with one of my favourite skaters last week, and even though he looks quite tall and well-built on the ice he's actually shorter than I am and so slender my hand could almost span his waist. (It was like having my arm around a concrete pole, though. Rock-solid muscle.) Until now I've been really happy with what I've been seeing in the mirror every morning. When I open this picture I just want to cry, because I look so horrible in it, huge :'(

And even though it's dumb and he was so nice I can't help but think he must have wondered about this creepy fat woman who wanted to get a picture with him.

He sounds tiny, not that you are big. You are a skater, you can't be very large!

I'm 173cm (5'8") and 98kg (I don't know the exact conversion but it's still over 200lbs). His official height measurement on his ISU bio is 173cm also (but elite skaters lie a lot about their heights for some reason) and his listed weight is 63kg. The difference was...noticeable. (Of course, Logical Brain is busy telling Emotional Brain "he's an elite athlete, bozo brain! An Olympian! Stop comparing!" Emotional Brain isn't listening.)

Anyway, I did have a positive moment while watching last week. During the adult competition I saw a lady who was much bigger than me landing doubles. This made me happy and a little bit inspired! I feel bad for the lady though because my brain literally went: "She's so much bigger than me! If she can do it, I can too!"

I totally get that...elite runners and elite triathletes are sooo tiny...and I often have that feeling too when I am in a competition...oh I can beat that person, she is MUCH bigger than me! (of course then that person beats the pants off me, size is NOT an indication of fitness!)

This happens to me all the time! That girl will beat me, she looks so fit... NOPE
    I'll definitely be ahead of her... NOPE.

You really can't judge by size.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I feel that way when I am at the barn in the dead of winter and my turtle neck keeps riding up. Or my socks keep falling down. I go home and throw them away.

I get mad when my shirt sleeves are so long that I have to keep rolling them up my arms.

I hate it when my shirt sleeves are too short. Hehe. I never have sleeves too long. :(

Me, either.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I actually like practical gifts. I don't like little baubles that end up collecting dust in the back of some drawer like jewelry or little figurines or anything. When I had started trying to lose weight, I got a fancy scale from Mr. Susie. When I was studying for my GED, I got a bunch of different GED books as a gift. The kind of gift I can use is the best kind. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

What does it say about me that I can't wait to find out what my husband bought me from Bodybuilding.com? And how good am I being that I haven't peeked in the box?