Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

I actually like practical gifts. I don't like little baubles that end up collecting dust in the back of some drawer like jewelry or little figurines or anything. When I had started trying to lose weight, I got a fancy scale from Mr. Susie. When I was studying for my GED, I got a bunch of different GED books as a gift. The kind of gift I can use is the best kind. :)

I like practical gifts too but I want romantic right now. :wink:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

I actually like practical gifts. I don't like little baubles that end up collecting dust in the back of some drawer like jewelry or little figurines or anything. When I had started trying to lose weight, I got a fancy scale from Mr. Susie. When I was studying for my GED, I got a bunch of different GED books as a gift. The kind of gift I can use is the best kind. :)

I like practical gifts too but I want romantic right now. :wink:

Yet I am not getting him anything romantic but things I know he will like that show I know him well and thought about it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

Practical gifts are great - if its something the person really wanted. It also depends on the person how well it's received. I like practical gifts too - if it's something I want/need and I don't have to spend the money on it, perfect!

ETA: A lady I know got a BMX helmet from her husband for their 10 year anniversary :lol: He totally went practical and his heart was in the right place, but she wasn't overly impressed lol
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Now that my tenant is gone and the house is empty, I have to check on it pretty well every day. The other day as I walked through I said "Hello, House!" then immediately got all freaked out that something/someone was going to answer :grimace:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Now that my tenant is gone and the house is empty, I have to check on it pretty well every day. The other day as I walked through I said "Hello, House!" then immediately got all freaked out that something/someone was going to answer :grimace:

Omg, I would die!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I miss this thread. I'm going to work on keeping it alive.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I love my waist length hair but I just made an appointment to get about six inches cut off. Torn thoughts
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....

That made me laugh. You have fun and get bonus points for being a great dad. :smiley:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I love my waist length hair but I just made an appointment to get about six inches cut off. Torn thoughts

You really are my long lost sister. I having been thinking about getting my hair cut for the first time in 9 years all day. I'll probably chicken out.

Edit: I have been...good grief.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

That made me laugh. You have fun and get bonus points for being a great dad. :smiley:

Awwww, thanks for that! :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

That's funny and I would feel the same way :D
  • nonoelmo
    edited December 2015
    Options

You really are my long lost sister. I having been thinking about getting my hair cut for the first time in 9 years all day. I'll probably chicken out.

Edit: I have been...good grief.

I realized we are not "friends" officially. How did that not already happen? Invite sent.

Eta. I am thinking of taking it from waist to center of the back. I think yours is curly right? Mine is stubbornly straight.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Hahaha did it echo?!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Awwww, thanks for that! :)

De nada. You are welcome. I enjoyed the chuckle.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Aw what made you decide to do that? I bet it'll still be gorgeous!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Thanks! I think it looks pretty and healthy but I think a little bit shorter looks a little bit better on me. It is so very fine and straight that it looks a little more lush a little shorter because I do have a bit of layering added in for movement. If I change my mind I can grow it back out and I am leaving it pretty long (mid-back) I have gone from extremely short (1.5 inches) to waist length. It also gets in the way a lot and a little shorter is a little less hair I have to keep track of when I am dealing with power tools, chemical reactions, and so on. I live in a pony tail most of the time and even that pony tail was getting in my way. I do, however, love it when I wear it straight down. I will talk to my stylist. She is extremely fashionable and will make sure I get something that is very attractive. I have also thought of some color but I like its natural color (dirty blonde? Honey brown?) just fine.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

That's the thing. I totally wanted that for Christmas. I don't wear much jewelry because of my job and I just don't wear it out of habit. I don't like gifts that I am afraid will just sit. His taste in jewelry isn't that great, so I try to guide if he is going to buy, but I don't need it.
  • nonoelmo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Confession, day 2 of 369 days until my marathon, I did nothing. I went to bed early with a cold and didn't work out at all. I did take copious amounts of zinc (thinking of Kelly).

ETA - I did tell daughter about my goal and that I plan to lose about 10 pounds to do so. She said, my doctor would kill me if I lost 10 pounds. We agreed, but daughter is already about 10 pounds lighter than me and an inch taller and at a perfect weight for her. I wanted her aware of why I was doing it (so that I put less force on my joints running).
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Thanks! I think it looks pretty and healthy but I think a little bit shorter looks a little bit better on me. It is so very fine and straight that it looks a little more lush a little shorter because I do have a bit of layering added in for movement. If I change my mind I can grow it back out and I am leaving it pretty long (mid-back) I have gone from extremely short (1.5 inches) to waist length. It also gets in the way a lot and a little shorter is a little less hair I have to keep track of when I am dealing with power tools, chemical reactions, and so on. I live in a pony tail most of the time and even that pony tail was getting in my way. I do, however, love it when I wear it straight down. I will talk to my stylist. She is extremely fashionable and will make sure I get something that is very attractive. I have also thought of some color but I like its natural color (dirty blonde? Honey brown?) just fine.

I'm sure it will be great! Mine is in that ponytails-all-day-every-day length too right now and I am thinking I might need a real haircut soon too because it drives me crazy and it's so much care. It's nice on the one time per month I wear it down but then I just end up getting annoyed when it catches on my clothes and chairs and stuff.

And I think I'd call yours "honey blonde" and get the best of both worlds, haha. I hate "dirty blonde" as a phrase as I don't think dark blonde looks dirty at all. Your colour is very pretty and I wish mine leaned more that way and less yellow-y, but I'm trying not to colour it and even that purple shampoo doesn't help so I'm stuck with it.