Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

I love this! I try really hard to listen to what people want and to get them something they won't get themselves, but really really want. I sometimes wish the folks in my life would do the same for me. I actually feel a bit hurt when people get me something I have no need for and would never want...that says you don't know me at all!

I love jewelry but with the barn and running, etc. I never wear it anymore except for a few key items that never come off so its kind of a waste now too. I have mostly learned to just buy for myself anything I want, so I am not disappointed when people don't get me something I really want (but I usually still am...).

This makes me worry that I'll get you something you hate! I'm a REALLY bad gifter, even when I wrack my mind for hours over people I've known forever. I don't know why, but I'm just horrible at it! :-/

I'm horrible at remembering what I get people year to year! I should keep a journal & write down what I get someone like my dad who I don't see a lot, & then I won't buy them the same thing next year.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love my waist length hair but I just made an appointment to get about six inches cut off. Torn thoughts

That's pretty exciting! You could go a couple more and donate to Beautiful Lengths!
  • Will32283
    Will32283 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I lost 105lbs. I was starving myself burning 1000-1200 calories while having a net calorie intake of 200-400. Yeah, not good. I'm happy that I lost the weight but not the way I lost it. You live and you learn. Happy to say that I don't even burn close to that many calories now and my eating habits are way under control. Eat back your exercise calories if you don't.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    the word of the day is snot. As in dripping from my nose...ugh...

And also because I forgot my watch.

As least I am not doing that. My chest is killing me tho.

Hot green tea with sage, cloves and thyme in it. You're welcome. (sage and cloves are antiseptic/antimicrobial and thyme relaxes the respiratory muscles)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Will32283 wrote: »
    My confession is that I lost 105lbs. I was starving myself burning 1000-1200 calories while having a net calorie intake of 200-400. Yeah, not good. I'm happy that I lost the weight but not the way I lost it. You live and you learn. Happy to say that I don't even burn close to that many calories now and my eating habits are way under control. Eat back your exercise calories if you don't.

Been there, done that...agree with you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....

I can't wrap my brain around the concept of liking Elf on the Shelf... :s

My son just told me last night that he thought it was creepy, and I was glad. I am also glad it was not a popular thing when he was small enough to have liked it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Will32283 wrote: »

You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders now when it comes to fitness, food, & health to continue doing great in the long run.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....

:D I think that's cute. Do you have any ideas you wouldn't mind sharing? It's amazing to me how soon you run out of places to put it. I promise I won't steal your idea and put it on Pinterest.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    [quote="pofoster21;34795084

Don't worry about it...if you got me anything I would be truly appreciative. You don't see me day to day and listen to me day after day so I would never expect you to know I wouldn't like x but was really hoping for y and you bought me z because YOU thought it was cute.

ETA: Sorry that probably didn't come out right in how I intended it so thought that needed some editing. You thought it was cute (but I would NEVER wear and nothing I own indicates I would wear it) or because you have one (but I would never want one). Like buying me a massage. I hate massages. I would never use that. Everyone knows I hate them. But because you think I should like them you buy me a gift certificate for one. Yes, sister, I am thinking of you.

Haha, this reminds me of my best mate who once decided it would be a good idea to get spa vouchers for us all for Christmas so we could have a girly spa day together. Despite the fact that she knows me well enough (been friends for 26 years) to know that a) I don't do girly days & b) I really, really hate people touching me - always have. She was really pleased with herself for it too.
    I went and had hated every minute of it- (tried to pretend I enjoyed it but don't think I pulled it off- good point is she's never done it again!!)

Mind you - it is hard to keep finding new things to buy people when you've been friends for so long without recycling the same ideas...

In the spirit of Confession - Someone brought in a box of chocolates for the office today. Thought 'one won't hurt' Just counted the empty wrappers littering my desk....12 of them. I hang my head in shame.

Yep I hate people touching me too. I tried a massage once to keep an open mind. Hated every minute of it.

As for the candy if I have one I'll eat 12 too.

I'm like that too.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

My son just told me last night that he thought it was creepy, and I was glad. I am also glad it was not a popular thing when he was small enough to have liked it.

My younger kids just love this freakin' elf so much, they jump out of bed in the morning and run around looking for it. On my part, it is just a 5-10 minute investment, so it isn't too bad. Plus, whenever they misbehave, I gravely tell them that the elf is watching and reporting their behavior back to Santa, which occasionally straightens them up!

kecmw25 wrote: »

:D I think that's cute. Do you have any ideas you wouldn't mind sharing? It's amazing to me how soon you run out of places to put it. I promise I won't steal your idea and put it on Pinterest.

I really don't do anything super creative, I just have him interact with their toys a lot. So far he has hung out with Captain America, Ninja Turtles, Sponge Bob, dinosaurs, the Abominable Snowman, and in a mini wrestling ring with John Cena (those quickly come to mind). Last night I was lazy and just dangled him from a chandelair (carrying a plastic lump of coal to send a message about recent questionable behavior), I will try harder tonight, lol :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Day 3 /367 to marathon- went to bed early with a bad cold. Again.

I confess I am supposedly running a meeting in a few hours. I put one of my employees in charge today instead.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

My younger kids just love this freakin' elf so much, they jump out of bed in the morning and run around looking for it. On my part, it is just a 5-10 minute investment, so it isn't too bad. Plus, whenever they misbehave, I gravely tell them that the elf is watching and reporting their behavior back to Santa, which occasionally straightens them up!

I really don't do anything super creative, I just have him interact with their toys a lot. So far he has hung out with Captain America, Ninja Turtles, Sponge Bob, dinosaurs, the Abominable Snowman, and in a mini wrestling ring with John Cena (those quickly come to mind). Last night I was lazy and just dangled him from a chandelair (carrying a plastic lump of coal to send a message about recent questionable behavior), I will try harder tonight, lol :)

We have the Elf and I've done some funny things with him in the past, like have my son find him taking a "bath" in a bowl of marshmallows or making paper snowflakes, but those are rare. Mostly he just moves around the house, landing on different surfaces. Last night my husband put him on top of the security camera in the living room, which I thought was pretty darn creepy.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

I love this! I try really hard to listen to what people want and to get them something they won't get themselves, but really really want. I sometimes wish the folks in my life would do the same for me. I actually feel a bit hurt when people get me something I have no need for and would never want...that says you don't know me at all!

I love jewelry but with the barn and running, etc. I never wear it anymore except for a few key items that never come off so its kind of a waste now too. I have mostly learned to just buy for myself anything I want, so I am not disappointed when people don't get me something I really want (but I usually still am...).

This makes me worry that I'll get you something you hate! I'm a REALLY bad gifter, even when I wrack my mind for hours over people I've known forever. I don't know why, but I'm just horrible at it! :-/

Don't worry about it...if you got me anything I would be truly appreciative. You don't see me day to day and listen to me day after day so I would never expect you to know I wouldn't like x but was really hoping for y and you bought me z because YOU thought it was cute.

ETA: Sorry that probably didn't come out right in how I intended it so thought that needed some editing. You thought it was cute (but I would NEVER wear and nothing I own indicates I would wear it) or because you have one (but I would never want one). Like buying me a massage. I hate massages. I would never use that. Everyone knows I hate them. But because you think I should like them you buy me a gift certificate for one. Yes, sister, I am thinking of you.

I'm totally with you, especially because I don't really value expensive stuff and think I have more than enough material goods in general. I like gifts and surprises but I'd so much rather get something from someone that says they listen to me sometimes and know my likes and that kind of thing.

One of my best friends is amazing at this - she doesn't necessarily spend a lot but always goes out of her way to buy things I love and use. This year she gave me craft cocktail bitters of a brand I've never seen carried anywhere (which, as a former bartender and someone who has a little collection of unusual ones like hibiscus and cardamom, was so cool) and a makeup setting spray that I already love and use but which is a little too pricey to justify all the time.

One of my favourite gifts ever from my husband was one of those little things you use to hang your purse from a table in a restaurant or whatever, because I'd just bought a new light-coloured leather Fossil purse and he'd heard me saying it was going to be hard to keep it clean. Then he went all over the place looking for one of these things that didn't look like it belonged to an elderly woman, and it was so sweet and thoughtful although I know it didn't cost much.

I get a little sad too when I'm given stuff that I would never want from people I think I'm close to. I appreciate so much that they bought me a gift and care about me like that but I so agree that it feels like the person might not actually pay any attention to you or care that much when you get something like that. And I try so hard not to feel like that because who am I to judge someone for buying me something (I mean, if they love me enough to even get me a gift in the first place maybe that should be enough?), but it can creep in a little.
  • kecmw25
    edited December 2015
    Options

We have the Elf and I've done some funny things with him in the past, like have my son find him taking a "bath" in a bowl of marshmallows or making paper snowflakes, but those are rare. Mostly he just moves around the house, landing on different surfaces. Last night my husband put him on top of the security camera in the living room, which I thought was pretty darn creepy.

Last night my husband arranged her playing Trouble with a barbie and a couple of stuffed animals. I thought it was pretty cute

ETA: Thanks for the good ideas!!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    @nonoelmo It won't let me quote you but I hope you feel better soon!!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @nonoelmo It won't let me quote you but I hope you feel better soon!!

Thank you!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Ha! That's cute!

I doubt this. Look at the dairy free chocolates you went through all the trouble to try to get for your friend!!

Well, sometimes it's an easy choice--she's never had chocolate in her life, and her family can't afford to splurge on treats like that. She loved it SO MUCH, by the way!! She said she finally knows what she was missing out on, and BOY was she ever missing out! ;)

It's a whole lot harder for others who have the means to buy whatever they want and therefore there isn't much that I could get that they don't already have--Buying for Mr. Susie, for example, is really, really hard for me. I know him really well, but the fact is that he gets himself whatever he needs!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

I definitely don't do that. I try to think of what the person would like, not what I would like! I'm hoping to get you something traditionally Omani, so that it will be completely unique. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @nonoelmo and @pofoster21 I hope you both feel better soon. I hate colds.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

I definitely don't do that. I try to think of what the person would like, not what I would like! I'm hoping to get you something traditionally Omani, so that it will be completely unique. :)
    Like an Arabian horse!? Or a horse carved from a native tree? Is frankincense too rare?