Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I also get super angry about small stuff. For example, when I can't find something in my purse...it absolutely pisses me off if I can't get to something immediately. I realize I'm the one who put all that crap in there, but still, it makes me mad.

Hahaha this is me too! I have so much stuff in there and I always try to declutter but then I'm like, "hmm, I might need this so this stays, this too..." etc. So frustrating!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I used to go to several (2-4) fast food places one after the other and eat in my car. :(

Yep me too.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    cake21 wrote: »
    My confession is that I was so hungry today I ate mouldy grapes :open_mouth:

I have (fortunately) never been that hungry.
    I have taken out moldy cheese, cut off the mold and eaten it (the clean parts, not the mold).

This seriously made me laugh out loud.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

I love this! I try really hard to listen to what people want and to get them something they won't get themselves, but really really want. I sometimes wish the folks in my life would do the same for me. I actually feel a bit hurt when people get me something I have no need for and would never want...that says you don't know me at all!

I love jewelry but with the barn and running, etc. I never wear it anymore except for a few key items that never come off so its kind of a waste now too. I have mostly learned to just buy for myself anything I want, so I am not disappointed when people don't get me something I really want (but I usually still am...).

This makes me worry that I'll get you something you hate! I'm a REALLY bad gifter, even when I wrack my mind for hours over people I've known forever. I don't know why, but I'm just horrible at it! :-/

Don't worry about it...if you got me anything I would be truly appreciative. You don't see me day to day and listen to me day after day so I would never expect you to know I wouldn't like x but was really hoping for y and you bought me z because YOU thought it was cute.

ETA: Sorry that probably didn't come out right in how I intended it so thought that needed some editing. You thought it was cute (but I would NEVER wear and nothing I own indicates I would wear it) or because you have one (but I would never want one). Like buying me a massage. I hate massages. I would never use that. Everyone knows I hate them. But because you think I should like them you buy me a gift certificate for one. Yes, sister, I am thinking of you.

I definitely don't do that. I try to think of what the person would like, not what I would like! I'm hoping to get you something traditionally Omani, so that it will be completely unique. :)

Are there traditional.Omani horse blankets, because I think that would be a cool thing to show off at the barn.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    The shirt I'm wearing won't stay tucked in and it's making me angrier that it probably should.

I also get super angry about small stuff. For example, when I can't find something in my purse...it absolutely pisses me off if I can't get to something immediately. I realize I'm the one who put all that crap in there, but still, it makes me mad.

Hahaha this is me too! I have so much stuff in there and I always try to declutter but then I'm like, "hmm, I might need this so this stays, this too..." etc. So frustrating!

My "purse" is a backpack with a calendar, my checkbook, stamps and pens in my "office in a bag", medicines in another bag, phone charger and headphones in another bag, and a tiny bag of band aids and alcohol wipes that also has nail clippers in it. My hairbrush is loose in the bag. Lunch goes in another bag. I can't declutter, but I do try to organize.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

My "purse" is a backpack with a calendar, my checkbook, stamps and pens in my "office in a bag", medicines in another bag, phone charger and headphones in another bag, and a tiny bag of band aids and alcohol wipes that also has nail clippers in it. My hairbrush is loose in the bag. Lunch goes in another bag. I can't declutter, but I do try to organize.

My purse is six inches by four inches by about three inches. Keys. Phone and charger. Cards and sometimes cash. Minimalist.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

I love this! I try really hard to listen to what people want and to get them something they won't get themselves, but really really want. I sometimes wish the folks in my life would do the same for me. I actually feel a bit hurt when people get me something I have no need for and would never want...that says you don't know me at all!

I love jewelry but with the barn and running, etc. I never wear it anymore except for a few key items that never come off so its kind of a waste now too. I have mostly learned to just buy for myself anything I want, so I am not disappointed when people don't get me something I really want (but I usually still am...).

This makes me worry that I'll get you something you hate! I'm a REALLY bad gifter, even when I wrack my mind for hours over people I've known forever. I don't know why, but I'm just horrible at it! :-/

Don't worry about it...if you got me anything I would be truly appreciative. You don't see me day to day and listen to me day after day so I would never expect you to know I wouldn't like x but was really hoping for y and you bought me z because YOU thought it was cute.

ETA: Sorry that probably didn't come out right in how I intended it so thought that needed some editing. You thought it was cute (but I would NEVER wear and nothing I own indicates I would wear it) or because you have one (but I would never want one). Like buying me a massage. I hate massages. I would never use that. Everyone knows I hate them. But because you think I should like them you buy me a gift certificate for one. Yes, sister, I am thinking of you.

I definitely don't do that. I try to think of what the person would like, not what I would like! I'm hoping to get you something traditionally Omani, so that it will be completely unique. :)

Are there traditional.Omani horse blankets, because I think that would be a cool thing to show off at the barn.

And cost a bundle to ship!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

My purse is six inches by four inches by about three inches. Keys. Phone and charger. Cards and sometimes cash. Minimalist.

Impressive. I'm a pack mule with a big purse and usually my gym bag to and from work too, and I've got everything from my husband's extra Epipen to athletic tape in my purse. I don't let it get cluttered with garbage/receipts or anything so it's pretty organized, but I do cart a lot of stuff around.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

Well, you know you don't have to get me ANYTHING but something from Oman would be awesome! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

I'm totally with you, especially because I don't really value expensive stuff and think I have more than enough material goods in general. I like gifts and surprises but I'd so much rather get something from someone that says they listen to me sometimes and know my likes and that kind of thing.

One of my best friends is amazing at this - she doesn't necessarily spend a lot but always goes out of her way to buy things I love and use. This year she gave me craft cocktail bitters of a brand I've never seen carried anywhere (which, as a former bartender and someone who has a little collection of unusual ones like hibiscus and cardamom, was so cool) and a makeup setting spray that I already love and use but which is a little too pricey to justify all the time.

One of my favourite gifts ever from my husband was one of those little things you use to hang your purse from a table in a restaurant or whatever, because I'd just bought a new light-coloured leather Fossil purse and he'd heard me saying it was going to be hard to keep it clean. Then he went all over the place looking for one of these things that didn't look like it belonged to an elderly woman, and it was so sweet and thoughtful although I know it didn't cost much.

I get a little sad too when I'm given stuff that I would never want from people I think I'm close to. I appreciate so much that they bought me a gift and care about me like that but I so agree that it feels like the person might not actually pay any attention to you or care that much when you get something like that. And I try so hard not to feel like that because who am I to judge someone for buying me something (I mean, if they love me enough to even get me a gift in the first place maybe that should be enough?), but it can creep in a little.

Yep. The three best gifts I have ever gotten were all from my Mom (probably because she usually doesn't get me anything I would want)

1) She had her engagement ring reset into a necklace and gave it to me
    2) She actually DROVE to a TACK STORE and bought me a saddle pad (admittedly Western, but I was so touched)
    3) Last year she and my sister bought me a tack trunk (I asked for $ towards one, they actually bought me one...again wrong kind but I can use it and that thought was really touching)

In each of these cases she went out of her way to get me something that meant a lot to me. Especially with the horses, as she could care less about the horese.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    the word of the day is snot. As in dripping from my nose...ugh...

And also because I forgot my watch.

As least I am not doing that. My chest is killing me tho.

Hot green tea with sage, cloves and thyme in it. You're welcome. (sage and cloves are antiseptic/antimicrobial and thyme relaxes the respiratory muscles)

hmmm maybe i'll stop at the grocery store on the way home. I skipped coffee today as it always tastes gross when I have a cold. And now I can barely keep my eyes open. :(
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I confess that I came right home and put on my pjs. I will head to bed soon. I will eat something but nothing sounds good. So ends 4/367 until marathon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I confess that I came right home and put on my pjs. I will head to bed soon. I will eat something but nothing sounds good. So ends 4/367 until marathon.

Hope tomorrow you feel better @nonoelmo!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My college has this wonderful system where the dining hall opens again from 10-2 on weekend nights, basically an institutionalized midnight snack. I haven't logged my calories today, and I'm going to go eat more in an hour. >.> AND THEN I WILL GET BACK TO LOGGING AND BEING MODERATE.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Thank you @kellyjellybellyjelly. I am better than yesterday. :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    My college has this wonderful system where the dining hall opens again from 10-2 on weekend nights, basically an institutionalized midnight snack. I haven't logged my calories today, and I'm going to go eat more in an hour. >.> AND THEN I WILL GET BACK TO LOGGING AND BEING MODERATE.

Yum.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

And cost a bundle to ship!

You.just had to bring that up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yes, this
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

Like an Arabian horse!? Or a horse carved from a native tree? Is frankincense too rare?

Frankincense is a wonderful idea for a gift! :) No, it's definitely not rare in Oman, but I do wonder if Patricia would enjoy it. Also, it may set off smoke detectors when burned. ;) Oman is mostly mountainous desert, we have very few native trees. In fact, the frankincense tree, native to our Dhofar region, is one of the only native trees.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Ha! That's cute!

I have no clue, actually, but I do know that His Majesty loves horses and maintains a large stable where Omanis can learn to ride for free, so who knows what kind of horsie blankets I can find... I actually wouldn't know where to go to find horse stuff, though!