Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

Ha! That's cute!

Maybe it's because I really enjoy cooking, but I totally think pots and pans or a mixer is a romantic gift.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me the glass bowl for my Kitchenaid for Christmas after our roommate accidentally smashed mine and I nearly cried, I was so happy to stop having to use the stainless one I hated, and I thought it was really sweet of him to pay attention and know that I missed my glass one.

I love this! I try really hard to listen to what people want and to get them something they won't get themselves, but really really want. I sometimes wish the folks in my life would do the same for me. I actually feel a bit hurt when people get me something I have no need for and would never want...that says you don't know me at all!

I love jewelry but with the barn and running, etc. I never wear it anymore except for a few key items that never come off so its kind of a waste now too. I have mostly learned to just buy for myself anything I want, so I am not disappointed when people don't get me something I really want (but I usually still am...).

This makes me worry that I'll get you something you hate! I'm a REALLY bad gifter, even when I wrack my mind for hours over people I've known forever. I don't know why, but I'm just horrible at it! :-/

Don't worry about it...if you got me anything I would be truly appreciative. You don't see me day to day and listen to me day after day so I would never expect you to know I wouldn't like x but was really hoping for y and you bought me z because YOU thought it was cute.

ETA: Sorry that probably didn't come out right in how I intended it so thought that needed some editing. You thought it was cute (but I would NEVER wear and nothing I own indicates I would wear it) or because you have one (but I would never want one). Like buying me a massage. I hate massages. I would never use that. Everyone knows I hate them. But because you think I should like them you buy me a gift certificate for one. Yes, sister, I am thinking of you.

I definitely don't do that. I try to think of what the person would like, not what I would like! I'm hoping to get you something traditionally Omani, so that it will be completely unique. :)

Are there traditional.Omani horse blankets, because I think that would be a cool thing to show off at the barn.

I have no clue, actually, but I do know that His Majesty loves horses and maintains a large stable where Omanis can learn to ride for free, so who knows what kind of horsie blankets I can find... I actually wouldn't know where to go to find horse stuff, though!

Can I go ride there when I come visit? Do they accept visitors?

Not at the royal stables, but we do have plenty of regular ones where you can rent horses by the hour. :) (They aren't cheap though, so be warned--my mom says it's a whole lot cheaper in the U.S. to ride by the hour/day than it is in Oman).

It must be crazy expensive then, because riding by the hour around here is not cheap either.

Well, her riding experiences were from 30 years ago, so I assume it was cheaper back then! It's about 16 dollars an hour, is that crazy expensive? I have no clue how much riding costs over there...

Closer to $100 or even more. We charge $75 an hour for an hour lesson. $65 if it's your horse. And we are relatively cheap compared to other barns. Trail riding I am unsure as I rarely go but in Montauk I think it's $65 for an hour and a half usually.

Well, these aren't lessons--these are for people who can ride on their own. Pay the money, leave some form of ID as collateral, and the horse is yours for an hour. These stables are usually on the beach.

That would match to trail riding. Although usually you have a guide.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I judge people who go the the gym religiously 4-5 days a week but never seem to lose weight or otherwise appear fit as having bad eating habits that are completely undoing their hard work.

My husband went to the gym with me for a little while before he changed his eating habits. But I have a few people in my gym whom I have seen there regularly since I joined and they always do the same machine for 30 minutes and leave and I can think of two women and one man who have gained fat. (I have gained weight lifting, but I look better.) I guess doing something is better than doing nothing, but it isn't doing much good if you let that thirty minutes on the treadmill give you permission to eat all the foods, then I judge you as doing it wrong.

SSP says he gets in the mindset of "Oh I totally worked out today! I DESERVE that extra large coke and fries!"

He also knows it is the most unhelpful thought he gets when he exercises.

I definitely used to be that way. Now I just eat within my calories and rarely exercise... :disappointed:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I judge people who go the the gym religiously 4-5 days a week but never seem to lose weight or otherwise appear fit as having bad eating habits that are completely undoing their hard work.

My husband went to the gym with me for a little while before he changed his eating habits. But I have a few people in my gym whom I have seen there regularly since I joined and they always do the same machine for 30 minutes and leave and I can think of two women and one man who have gained fat. (I have gained weight lifting, but I look better.) I guess doing something is better than doing nothing, but it isn't doing much good if you let that thirty minutes on the treadmill give you permission to eat all the foods, then I judge you as doing it wrong.

SSP says he gets in the mindset of "Oh I totally worked out today! I DESERVE that extra large coke and fries!"

He also knows it is the most unhelpful thought he gets when he exercises.

I definitely used to be that way. Now I just eat within my calories and rarely exercise... :disappointed:

I think I judge because I was guilty so for my first year on MFP, most of my exercise was walking. Once you're in the habit of controlling the eating, it's easier to say no to the giant cookie or finishing son 3's fries, whether you've worked out or not.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I half way agree and half way don't. I am thinking of a whole crowd of older gents who come to play racquetball, get on the stationary bike with their newspaper or to watch a game. Their beer belly stays the same, but hey, they are getting in some cardio and burning some calories... so better than nothing?

I do respect that - and it is much better than doing nothing. There is just that little voice in the back of my mind mentioning that if these people got it together in the kitchen they could would get so much more from their efforts, which are an investment of 100s of hours per year of hard work. And there is more than just their improved personal appearance to be gained, as their bloodwork and other medical tests would show appreciable benefits!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I half way agree and half way don't. I am thinking of a whole crowd of older gents who come to play racquetball, get on the stationary bike with their newspaper or to watch a game. Their beer belly stays the same, but hey, they are getting in some cardio and burning some calories... so better than nothing?

I do respect that - and it is much better than doing nothing. There is just that little voice in the back of my mind mentioning that if these people got it together in the kitchen they could would get so much more from their efforts, which are an investment of 100s of hours per year of hard work. And there is more than just their improved personal appearance to be gained, as their bloodwork and other medical tests would show appreciable benefits!

This little voice is in my head too. If I could clean up my diet I would look & feel amazing! But for some reason I self sabotage and still haven't figured out the reason behind it to put an end to it.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

This little voice is in my head too. If I could clean up my diet I would look & feel amazing! But for some reason I self sabotage and still haven't figured out the reason behind it to put an end to it.

Your recognition that you have that issue is half the battle...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

10/10 This.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

10/10 This.

What they said.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I ordered Irish Nachos for our team Christmas lunch today. Almost 1200 calories in one meal. Good thing it's barre class followed by lifting tonight.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I confess that I ordered Irish Nachos for our team Christmas lunch today. Almost 1200 calories in one meal. Good thing it's barre class followed by lifting tonight.

Irish nachos?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Irish nachos?

Yes. Inquiring minds need to know!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There is a guy from IT in the office right now popping his gum like it's his job and I want to punch him in the face.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    There is a guy from IT in the office right now popping his gum like it's his job and I want to punch him in the face.

Do it. I'll bail you out....LOL.

(I'm in a mood today. >:) )
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited December 2015
    Options

Irish nachos?

Homemade potato chips (really thick cut), chili cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos, black olives and onions.

Edit: I'll try to remember to take a picture for you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 - wouldn't it save money and trouble if you just arrest him for creating a disturbance? LOL
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Irish nachos?

Homemade potato chips (really thick cut), chili cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos, black olives and onions.

Edit: I'll try to remember to take a picture for you.

Yum! Now I need Irish nachos... LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    No picture. It came in four separate containers. So I ate all the chili and veggies, half the chips and 1/4 of the cheese.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Do it. I'll bail you out....LOL.

(I'm in a mood today. >:) )

Yeah! We'll be your witnesses!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Those Irish Nachos sounded great, I'd have to leave off the olives though. Almost as good as the IHOP meal I had yesterday that ate up my calorie bank. The pumpkin spice belgian waffle was delicious.....
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I confess that after 3 days of eating like it was my job, I skipped dinner last night. I wasn't hungry again until 10:45am this morning.