How to make scrambled eggs more filling?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My neighbour cooks sweet potatoes the night before, the. Warms up a big slice and eats it with an egg or two on top.
    She only told me about it yesterday so I haven't tried it, but it sounds tasty and filling to me...

Definitely going to try that!
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My favorite, favorite breakfast is 4 egg whites (68 calories) with a huge handful of baby spinach (20 calories) and 2 slices of nitrate free bacon (80 calories) on a high fiber "triple health" English muffin (100 calories) with 4g of butter (33 calories)- total of 301 calories for breakfast and I feel good until lunchtime...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Eat more? I eat 3 to 4.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    For those of you who mostly eat egg whites instead of whole eggs, what do you do with the yolks? Toss them?

I eat a mix of whole eggs and egg whites (for calorie reasons), but I hate to waste the yolks because they are very nutritious. I cook up the yolks separately and mix them with my dog's dry kibble. I store them in the fridge and portion them out a little every day for several days. Happy puppies with shiny coats!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Yup, I mix extra yolks into the dog food. She has a shiny coat and the other dog (an outdoor working great pyreneese dog) needs the extra calories to stay warm and happy through the winter. And the post above mentioning sweet potato is spot on!! I love sweet potato slices topped with fried eggs!!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make low-fat hash browns with a shredded small potato sauteed in no-stick, then cook an egg sunny side up in the same pan along with it. It fills me up for only about 200 calories. I always drink 2 big glasses of water after the meal which helps.
  • KittyLee99
    KittyLee99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Load up on veggies with your eggs. I also add a tablespoon almod milk or water while cooking them. Makes them fluffy and feel more filling
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 4 egg scramble or 2 depending on length of full mess I want with a veggie and another protein like chicken breast turkey or sausage and that can keep me full all day long it's about 600 cals or so.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For cooked eggs to fill me I need to go for the four egg treatment. Four large eggs, half white onion chopped, 150-175 grams of ham or turkey or chicken, two tablespoons of real butter, and I have a filling 600-650 calorie meal. I would rather eat eggs and some meat instead of bread or potatoes with eggs. I eat them other times so it is not like I avoid them. I just want a pile of eggs, onion and meat (oh yeah, plenty of Sriracha).
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I do not find scrambled eggs filling at all, an omelette with salad or just the hard boiled eggs with raw vegetable sticks is filling for me. Guess it is a chewing thing? I do love scrambled eggs though.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Avacado
    Turkey bacon
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I find that eating eggs in a bread wrap makes them more filling. If you aren't set on having them scrambled try having them in a shakshouka (eggs poached in tomato sauce with vegetables). It has a lot of bulk from vegetables and sauce which makes the meal feel huge.
  • Allison1977z
    Allison1977z Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can add 2 more egg whites
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I don't know if this will do it for OP, but I find no matter how many eggs I eat they are not satisfying unless they are paired with some kind of carb. Either bread or lots of vegetables (in addition to bread in most cases). It's puzzling to me that a high protein meal does not show it's satisfying effect unless there is some kind of carb on the side, at least for me.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I don't know if this will do it for OP, but I find no matter how many eggs I eat they are not satisfying unless they are paired with some kind of carb. Either bread or lots of vegetables (in addition to bread in most cases). It's puzzling to me that a high protein meal does not show it's satisfying effect unless there is some kind of carb on the side, at least for me.

It's exactly the same for me. I've tried making a mountain of scrambled eggs topped with cheese in order to get a protein boost but it just doesn't do it for me hunger wise. I need at least 200 grams (sometimes more) of veggies and/or a bread/crumpet/tortilla to make it a satisfying meal.

It might just be a mental thing. Like the meal doesn't feel complete without it...who knows lol
  • alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on toast is an amazing combo!
  • alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on toast is an amazing combo!