What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    5' 5.5"
    147.5lb (average trend)
    38-29-42: chest-waist-hips
    size 8 in bottoms (starting to get baggy)
    small tops, usually medium in dresses

She's my twin:
    5'5.75
    151 lb
    baggy size 8 in pants
    small tops
    small dresses
  • jullian23
    jullian23 Posts: 2 Member
    5'9"
    8 or 10 in bottoms (I usually go with a 10 so my skinny jeans don't give me a muffin top)!
    8 in dresses
    Anywhere from 8 - 12 in tops. I have long arms and a big chest so I usually size up.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    5'10
    ~250lbs
    16 in bottoms . . . sometimes I can squeeze into a 14 if they're forgiving/vanity sizing, but usually a 16
    L or XL in tops - I have fairly broad shoulders and I also don't like my shirts to be short . . . I like them covering my belt and mid section, can't stand if they just meet the top of my pants . . . I'm weird lol
    Dresses are usually a 16 or an 18, depending on the cut of the dress. If it has long sleeves I usually have to buy an 18 and have it taken in around the waist just because of my broad shoulders :(

US sizing
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    5'8
    158-160lbs
    23-24% BF
    Size 4-8 (US) 8-12 (UK) so ..averaging a 6 (10 UK at the moment)
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    5ft 1"
    150 lbs
    12 (US) pants, large/medium pants, Medium/large on shirts/ sometimes XL, and small/medium in dresses
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    5' 5"
    11/12 jeans (maurices) 12 or 14s elsewhere - and I have a pancake butt so a belt is a must or I'm literally showing my *kitten* whenever I bend over or sit down
    XL shirts (some L but mostly XL - mostly thanks to my 38DDD breasts lol)
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Wow. I'm 5'4 and for most of my adult life have weighed between 140 - 148. I've only worn size 10s and size 12s. I carry all my extra weight in my middle and I don't like to wear anything tight but I'm surprised by all the people around my size who wear size 8s and size 6s. Interesting! Right now I weigh 138 and my size 10s fit fine. Hmmmm.
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.

Some of this will also depend on bodyfat% and how much muscle a person carries. Muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less space for the same weight. I know I would never be a 4/6 pants at 147 pounds if I hadn't been doing strength/resistance training for the past two years.

I have a large amount of just excess grossness on my abdomen from being so overweight. I fear that the only way to truly get rid of it will be to have it cut off.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    5'9"
    154#
    US sizing:
    8 or 10 bottoms
    10 dresses
    Medium tops and jackets
    37-29.5-37.25

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    5ft7
    ~200-202 lbs
    US size 14 pants/skirts. M shirts.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    I think the only way I'd ever be able to wear smaller than a 6 is if I shaved off some hipbone. :p
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    edited December 2015
    Seeing what the average size may be based upon weight/hight.

Me: 145.2 lbs "large frame" 6-10 depending on brand; mostly an 8. Size Medium tops.

Depends on where I am in the world and the shop I am buying from! Am naturally rather busty and fairly slim hipped so dresses need to accommodate the top.

154lbs
    5'8
    37-30-36 inch measurements bust/waist/hip

UK - size 8 or 10 bottoms, size 10 or 12 tops. Dresses are usually size 12 or a M to accommodate a (32GG) bust.

New Zealand - size 10 or 12 bottoms, size 14 tops, dresses need to be size 14 or a L to accommodate the large (14E) bust.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    149 lbs, 5'6" tall
    size 8 pants. medium tops, dresses don't fit me at all. :(

I
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.

We have similar stats -- though I'm shorter and older at 66 yo, 5'2.5" inches with a medium frame, 127 lbs., 36/28/36. I'm into a US size 2/4 regular or a medium Petite (4/6). Are you lifting weights? That's what reshaped my body and brought down my clothing size big time.
  • Dreysander
    edited December 2015
    I don't lift due to a number of reasons. I just started (November) doing body weight and band resistance excercises and I'm already starting to see a difference though.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    5'5" 145lbs, major pear shape; junk in the trunk. bottoms...anywhere from 6 to 10 US. 10 for slim or straighter cut pants. 6 only when there's a generous curvy cut. Usually have to get a pants with waist too big and belt it to accommodate hips. It was easier finding pants to fit in a larger size, which is weird, but the hip to waist ratio was smaller then. Tops: generally mediums.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    5'3...124 lbs...and just started fitting back into size 5 :)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    I don't lift due to a number of reasons. I just started (November) doing body weight and band resistance excercises and I'm already starting to see a difference though.

Sounds like you're on the right track! You're actually thinner than I am because of the height difference. Wish I was taller! Ha, ha.
  • Dreysander
    I really hope that I can achieve the shape that I'm after. I'd like to be able to deflate this horrible belly-flap-thing and not have to run the expense of surgery for it.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I really hope that I can achieve the shape that I'm after. I'd like to be able to deflate this horrible belly-flap-thing and not have to run the expense of surgery for it.

It can't be that bad honey...give yourself time...how long have you been consistently working at it?