What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Wow. I'm 5'4 and for most of my adult life have weighed between 140 - 148. I've only worn size 10s and size 12s. I carry all my extra weight in my middle and I don't like to wear anything tight but I'm surprised by all the people around my size who wear size 8s and size 6s. Interesting! Right now I weigh 138 and my size 10s fit fine. Hmmmm.
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.

Some of this will also depend on bodyfat% and how much muscle a person carries. Muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less space for the same weight. I know I would never be a 4/6 pants at 147 pounds if I hadn't been doing strength/resistance training for the past two years.

I have a large amount of just excess grossness on my abdomen from being so overweight. I fear that the only way to truly get rid of it will be to have it cut off.

Yeah you and me both!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    I really hope that I can achieve the shape that I'm after. I'd like to be able to deflate this horrible belly-flap-thing and not have to run the expense of surgery for it.

I got lucky, no belly-flap, though I have some cottage cheese on my midriff but that could be age also. I'm too old for surgery and it is so expensive. I wish you the best of luck! You're young so that works in your favor!
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    I really hope that I can achieve the shape that I'm after. I'd like to be able to deflate this horrible belly-flap-thing and not have to run the expense of surgery for it.

It can't be that bad honey...give yourself time...how long have you been consistently working at it?

This year is the year that I've lost most of the weight. I started in January at 215 lbs. Didn't do any kind of weight training or resistance over the summer, just recently started that.

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    5'6". 35/28.5/36. Size 6-10 (US) depending on brand. Size med. tops in general.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member

It can't be that bad honey...give yourself time...how long have you been consistently working at it?

This year is the year that I've lost most of the weight. I started in January at 215 lbs. Didn't do any kind of weight training or resistance over the summer, just recently started that.
    Oh, the results you are going to see NOW!!!! Baby, it CAN be done! You are on the right track!! Stick to your plan, Keep the faith, Be consistent...remember it doesn't happen fast, for anyone, none of us! Beware of negative self talk..it can be really sabotaging!! Your body hears what you say to it...if you want to be successful, THINK successfully!! You ARE what you constantly tell yourself you are xo
  • JustMissTracy
    And as my hubby says, I sound like a fricken yoga video...lol...Don't mind me, I get excited easily!!! B)
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    I really appreciate the positivity from you guys <3
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    And as my hubby says, I sound like a fricken yoga video...lol...Don't mind me, I get excited easily!!! B)

I totally read this as "fricken YODA video"... "Hears what you say to it, your body does..." OK, I'll stop being weird now. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    5"8 150lbs,
    Australian size 8-10/ American 4-6
  • JustMissTracy

I totally read this as "fricken YODA video"... "Hears what you say to it, your body does..." OK, I'll stop being weird now. :)

Haha!!! whichever one she's hearing, it's true!!! (Weird is good!)
  • insolito215
    insolito215 Posts: 6 Member
    5'7 180ish
    American size 12 in pants, large or XL for tops (38DDD)
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    It's so interesting to read this...

I'm 5'2''
    180 lbs

Size 10 bottoms, 12 if it's a formal pant. M-L top depending on the cut.

My butt and legs are probably the same as they were pre-babies. I'm carrying an extra 40 pounds that feels it is all in my belly, back and arms.

I think my pants fit because my tummy is so squishy it just folds into itself.

I'm at least 15 pounds heavier now than the last time I wore my 10's....

It's all so bizarre.
  • Bex_hostie
    Bex_hostie Posts: 52 Member
    5ft 2
    115lbs
    Size 6 UK or extra small
  • Monketo2002
    Monketo2002 Posts: 26 Member
    I feel really small now... 5'0-95 lbs.-size 0 or Small/x-Small
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    I feel really small now... 5'0-95 lbs.-size 0 or Small/x-Small

I feel like a giant!
    It's so interesting to read this...

I'm 5'2''
    180 lbs

Size 10 bottoms, 12 if it's a formal pant. M-L top depending on the cut.

My butt and legs are probably the same as they were pre-babies. I'm carrying an extra 40 pounds that feels it is all in my belly, back and arms.

I think my pants fit because my tummy is so squishy it just folds into itself.

I'm at least 15 pounds heavier now than the last time I wore my 10's....

It's all so bizarre.

It's amazing how everyone carries their weight so differently. I'm 5' 2.5", 184 lbs this morning (thank you regain!). I'm 46-35-43 & am in that awkward stage where my 16's are now too big & I can fit into my 14's, but I squish a little over the top. I have to wear form fitting shirts (XL of course due to the girls) or I just look like a shapeless blob. I prefer not to have any muffin top showing, so right now I'm just tugging my pants up every time I stand up. Even when I was at my preferred weight of 150 lbs last year, I was still wearing a 12 in jeans & XL tops (my chest doesn't really go away).

• ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    5'3, 115 lbs
    US XS, 4, occasionally smaller depending on the brand. I always go for petites for pants, usually for skirts and dresses, but don't need petite tops.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2015
    Approximately 5'2"
    33-27.5-36
    Pear shaped, and I've never been able to tell what is my frame size.
    I tried on some pants at Walmart two weeks or so ago, and a range of 7-9 pants fit.
    I wear a small in tops and dresses.
  • huskylove94
    huskylove94 Posts: 27 Member
    5'6.5", 125 and i usually wear 2-4s in bottoms and S in tops. Im pear shaped and small framed
  • huskylove94
    huskylove94 Posts: 27 Member
    5' 5.5'', 124, US size 0 to 4 as dresses or on the bottom. S or XS tops.

We have really similiar stats!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Ugh it's so frusterating to me that people my height and weight are so much smaller than I am.

Lift weights!! Made such a difference in my shape.