What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What is the deal with Old Navy? I'm 5'3" and 115, usually wear 0-2 or XS. Yes, I shop at Old Navy and Gap, but need the same sizes if I go to Walmart or Target. Sometimes, I go for junior's (maybe JC Penney or similar) and need 3-5. Target stuff usually doesn't fit, though. Their XS tops are too big, and the pants are made too skinny in the lower leg (I have muscles). I do have a cute dress from Target, size XS. It might be junior's, not sure.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I feel really small now... 5'0-95 lbs.-size 0 or Small/x-Small

I feel like a giant!
    It's so interesting to read this...

I'm 5'2''
    180 lbs

Size 10 bottoms, 12 if it's a formal pant. M-L top depending on the cut.

My butt and legs are probably the same as they were pre-babies. I'm carrying an extra 40 pounds that feels it is all in my belly, back and arms.

I think my pants fit because my tummy is so squishy it just folds into itself.

I'm at least 15 pounds heavier now than the last time I wore my 10's....

It's all so bizarre.

It's amazing how everyone carries their weight so differently. I'm 5' 2.5", 184 lbs this morning (thank you regain!). I'm 46-35-43 & am in that awkward stage where my 16's are now too big & I can fit into my 14's, but I squish a little over the top. I have to wear form fitting shirts (XL of course due to the girls) or I just look like a shapeless blob. I prefer not to have any muffin top showing, so right now I'm just tugging my pants up every time I stand up. Even when I was at my preferred weight of 150 lbs last year, I was still wearing a 12 in jeans & XL tops (my chest doesn't really go away).
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I feel really small now... 5'0-95 lbs.-size 0 or Small/x-Small

I feel like a giant!
    It's so interesting to read this...

I'm 5'2''
    180 lbs

Size 10 bottoms, 12 if it's a formal pant. M-L top depending on the cut.

My butt and legs are probably the same as they were pre-babies. I'm carrying an extra 40 pounds that feels it is all in my belly, back and arms.

I think my pants fit because my tummy is so squishy it just folds into itself.

I'm at least 15 pounds heavier now than the last time I wore my 10's....

It's all so bizarre.

It's amazing how everyone carries their weight so differently. I'm 5' 2.5", 184 lbs this morning (thank you regain!). I'm 46-35-43 & am in that awkward stage where my 16's are now too big & I can fit into my 14's, but I squish a little over the top. I have to wear form fitting shirts (XL of course due to the girls) or I just look like a shapeless blob. I prefer not to have any muffin top showing, so right now I'm just tugging my pants up every time I stand up. Even when I was at my preferred weight of 150 lbs last year, I was still wearing a 12 in jeans & XL tops (my chest doesn't really go away).

Last time I was 150 I was a size 8! So funny how that all works. And I can't say it's muscle as I've not lifted in 15 years!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    What is the deal with Old Navy? I'm 5'3" and 115, usually wear 0-2 or XS. Yes, I shop at Old Navy and Gap, but need the same sizes if I go to Walmart or Target. Sometimes, I go for junior's (maybe JC Penney or similar) and need 3-5. Target stuff usually doesn't fit, though. Their XS tops are too big, and the pants are made too skinny in the lower leg (I have muscles). I do have a cute dress from Target, size XS. It might be junior's, not sure.

In to hear what the deal is with Old Navy, and also to say that I find Target clothes kinda strange. They don't fit me. What is up with that?

I like reading all the stats, but it can set up some negative comparisons (personally)... I really hate my gut area. I almost wonder if it's genetic - my aunts all had thick middles. I work out with resistance bands & light weights, starting to add very light running... need to get a barbell to lift or something. Deathly afraid of injury (history of back injuries) and way too timid for a gym.

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5'5.4" 117lb; pear shape
    US brands: size 4 & S for most tops & occasionally 0-2 or XS; size 4 (most brands) & 0-2 (vanity size) for bottoms & dresses (junior size 5, I think)
    UK brands: size 6-8 depends on cut & style
    Japanese, Korean, and Taiwanese brands: S-M, 55, & 36-37 for most tops; M & occasionally L for bottom
  • leviathas
    leviathas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    183cm (6'1), 169lbs, 36-29-40, size 10 I think! Large tops, broad shouldered, medium frame.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I think I have definitely decided from reading this that clothing size tells you nothing about how thin someone is, because height and where you put that weight - plus how tight you like to wear your clothes and how stretchy they are - seems to make a huge difference.

One of my sisters is much taller than me (and I'm 5'10") and outweighs me by 100 pounds. But she wears clothes the same size - they just fit like they're sprayed on. Another sister her size wears clothes much much larger.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    One of my sisters is much taller than me (and I'm 5'10") and outweighs me by 100 pounds. But she wears clothes the same size - they just fit like they're sprayed on. Another sister her size wears clothes much much larger.

That raises a good point: some people like their clothing tight, and others like it looser.

And, yeah, sizing isn't standardized and all over the place, so... ultimately it's just a range.

• Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

In to hear what the deal is with Old Navy, and also to say that I find Target clothes kinda strange. They don't fit me. What is up with that?

I like reading all the stats, but it can set up some negative comparisons (personally)... I really hate my gut area. I almost wonder if it's genetic - my aunts all had thick middles. I work out with resistance bands & light weights, starting to add very light running... need to get a barbell to lift or something. Deathly afraid of injury (history of back injuries) and way too timid for a gym.

I'd also like to know about Old Navy. I wear the same sizes there that I do everywhere else, but I ALWAYS hear about ON "vanity sizing" like crazy. I've also heard someone say one time that Old Navy was "the fat ladies version of Gap" and I wanted to slap them!!!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5'6"
    122-123 lbs
    Shape: slim, no curves
    Clothing size: 0-2 bottoms (2's are usually loose) and dresses, XS-S tops

Best place for me to shop is the junior's section. lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5'4.5"
    123.1 lbs (trendweight/ 121.5 lbs low weight)
    US 2-4 depending on brand and/or cut

If I had to guess, I have a medium to large frame.
    I have a 27" waist and 37" hips. My hip bones stick out, so I'm sure that measurement can't get any smaller.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2' 106 and nearly 59 years old. My waist is 28 and hips 33.5. I am quite small framed. I show no ribs. I wear size 4. Many pants swallow my hips.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5ft 2" / 46yrs / and muscly which I'm dead proud off :smile:
    130 - 133lbs range
    32/26/35
    UK size 10 on bottom in most shops
    And in some shops I'm a uk 8 or 12! Sizing cracks me up!
  • earobey93
    earobey93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'6" 116 # typically size 3 reg/long pants depending on brand, xs/s tops, not sure on dress size.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Right now I weigh about 97 due to an injury that caused weight loss. I want to gain to 102. Measurements 30-23-34. Size 00, but depends on the store.
  • BeFitBri2
    BeFitBri2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5'0"
    104 lb
    Size 2 pant(US)
    XS-S top
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5'4", 130ish. Size 4/6 jeans (usually buy designer 27's), size 2-4 dresses and x-small/small shirts.

Measurements are 32, 27, 38
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    5'1.5", 120 lbs., 36-27-36. Size 4-6 pants, but sometimes 8 or larger top (or a medium) due to big shoulders and broad back.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    5'6'' - 135 35/28/37

Size 6 in most brands Banana Republic, J Crew, Gap etc. Size 28 in jeans.

I'm pear/apple shaped and my lower stomach has always been a problem area. It has definitely improved a ton since I started weight lifting last year.

• DanaPeach86
    DanaPeach86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'7" 117lbs size 2 pants small shirts
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: Roughly 145 lbs. (give or take 5 lbs.)
    US Size: 6 (dresses, jeans and slacks)
    Size: Small (Anything that runs small, medium, or large)