What's the first thing you cut out to help in weight loss

Options
12346»

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Excuses. That was my honest first response.

Also, drinking my calories.

HA! YES! :D 100%
  • belaku
    belaku Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have recently rejoined MFP and I am being mindful of portion sizes. I cook most of my meals, so I know what goes in it.
    Finding v difficult to control hunger after having over stretched my stomach for ages.
    Hopefully my body/mind will learn soon.
  • cagbunag
    cagbunag Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just limited my intake of calories which means everything in moderation. However, I limited myself to one cup of coffee and measure out the coconut creamer and instead of eating an entire pastry, I have half the amount. And drink 64 oz of water daily!! I'm really counting calories and logging everything I eat which really helps realize how many calories a meal is.
  • Pretty2Petite
    Pretty2Petite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely dairy products
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and lager. Eating out. Now I enjoy the above as treats, not as a staple part of my diet.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I really try to cut out unnecessary carbs, which I recommend, especially for borderline/current/recovering diabetics.
    Also, there was one season in which I was ordered to cut out lunch, only eating breakfast and dinner. However, due to concentration needs, I regularly cheated on that rule and had to avoid dinner as a result. Sadly, that really ruined me because I was a student who couldn't concentrate on studying without that boost and I regularly got sick/fell asleep in class/tutoring without lunch, not to mention having to skip after school family time and do poorly on my homework if I slipped up and ate lunch, because we congregated around the dinner table and the meal/family time refreshed my brain. That was really sad and confusing, and not a lifestyle that I'd recommend or ever practice again unless my life depended on it.
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Refined grains...whole grains for me! Goes for pasta, cereal, bread, ect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Obnoxa wrote: »
    Potato chips. The only thing I can't seem to exercise moderation with. I like pretzels and popcorn, but not nearly as much so now I only keep those in the house.
    But that's really it.

That's me with nachos. I don't keep tortilla chips in the house.

Me either. Sometimes I look at them longingly at the store. Just can't have them. Need 3/4 of bag or nothing.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I know some cut out sweets while some cut out carbs while some cut out starches to help. I cut back on sweets and empty calories

Bread