Calling all Women! Let's lose 20 lbs. by March 2016! Who's with me?! Svelte by Spring!

Options

Replies

• Cosborne02
    Cosborne02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try!!
  • slenderizeme
    slenderizeme Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group!
  • TEACH1961
    TEACH1961 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm kindergarten teacher and find it difficult to keep up with my kinders. I am 5"3" and weigh 202 lbs. I desperately need friends to keep me in check. I look forward to meeting friends to help each other.
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall! This seems like it will be active and fun! I'd love to join!

Fave Color: The HOTTEST of Hot Pinks you can find
    Family Stats: Married, 2 Daughters (10 & soon to be 6!)
    Body Stats: 5'3 / 150
    Goal: 125

I'm a weight lifter and a ACE certified personal trainer. I'm looking to cut body fat and continue on with a healthy lifestyle. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    I weigh daily but I use Sunday as my baseline day to start my week.
  • ere89
    ere89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • KUAngie
    KUAngie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be added to the group.

I am 40 and have two kids- 10yo and 7yo.
    I am 5'4 and weigh 178 (down 10 pounds now). I don't fit in any of my clothes, even my scrubs are tight!
    I am an RN- cardiac ICU and cardiac clinic.
    I finally dusted off my treadmill in the basement and am doing a running interval program.
    I would like to get back to training by a fall half marathon (hopefully!)
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can someone post the name of the Group here.. If there was one created? Or confirm that we are going to use this thread.. Lol

Thanks y'all!
  • dollbbylove
    dollbbylove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lee Lee. I'm 25 years old. Initially started at 213.5 and I am down to 206.5 within a week! I'm so excited to be back on MFP, it keeps me organized. I am technically consider obese for my height but I don't look like but I certainly feel it. I cannot workout mainly due to knee injuries and arthritis, however, I walk a mile for about 4 days a week. I'm always interested in supporting and motivating others, so feel free to add me!

A little about me:
    I'm bettering myself physically & spiritually! Only because I know God would want me to take better care of my temple!
    Occupation: I work in an Engineer Department as well as owner of two business.
    Favorite Color: Brown
    Favorite Store to shop in: Sprouts
    Favorite Hobbies: Rollerblading, games, painting, and writing
    An interesting fact: I was a cheerleader in college
  • pk1387
    pk1387 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I accepted or joined ur group but I have no idea how to access it or talk to you guys, I did horribly this weekend and today. Weekends are the worst for me, it's like yay, eat Wtvr Ur want bc it's the weekend and with the holidays approaching. FML. Any thoughts?
  • RedSavvy10
    RedSavvy10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!!

My name is Erica, I'm 24, and I'm a single mother to a wild, crazy, handsome 2 year old boy.

I'm currently 186 lbs @ 5' 4", my ultimate goal is 130.
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I asked to join the group, but I haven't heard anything. Are you still accepting new members?
  • gohawkeyes2426
    gohawkeyes2426 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I am 27, 5'7" 187. I want to lose 40-45 pounds. I am giving myself a year so I don't get down on myself because even losing one pound a week can be a lot! My biggest challenge is calorie control. Even when I do eat generally healthy I can go way overboard and not realize just how many calories I am consuming. My goal is to record my food BEFORE I eat it so I can tweak my meals so I don't overindulge and bust my daily calorie limit. I could certainly use the motivation as well!!
  • rjoffe09
    rjoffe09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am down 105 pounds, most recent 40. Slow and steady I am losing the last 40 that I would like to lose. 20 would be an amazing add on. I am 46 years young, have a good healthy plan and work out. Thank you for setting this up. Power on everyone!!!
  • events904
    events904 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! This will be perfect to help me stay motivated!
    I am 27 years old and I'm 5'5'' and 180 pounds. Been trying to return to get back to 125 but it is so challenging on my own. I'm excited to try to do this with you all! New to this whole "community" piece of MFP! Please add me
  • Moon37722
    Moon37722 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm so in!

My name is Mona. I'm a behavior analyst, working with kids with ASD.

I'd been dieting and working out for nearly 4 months, losing around 45lbs, before I crashed and went back to my binging and avoiding the gym.

I am 37 years old, 5'6" and 167lbs. My goal is 143lbs.

I also need to be accountable, so I'm hoping this group will help. I'll be weighing in on Sundays.

Best of luck to all of you... let's do this!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    bitabee wrote: »
    My name is Elisabeth, and I am 26 years old, 5'7" and 210.4 lbs as of this morning! I seriously need a goal, and I need others to help me stay accountable! I would love to lose just 2 pounds a week so this is very doable! I will be weighing in on Wednesdays! I know it seems crazy to begin this before Christmas, but I have to start now! I can't go another couple of weeks until January 1st!

A little about me:
    I am married to an amazing man, and we have an 18 month old daughter!
    Occupation: I am an R.N. per diem in a surgery center, but I mostly am able to stay home with my sweet baby!
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Store to shop in: J Crew, Anthropologie and Target of course! ;)
    Favorite Hobbies: kayaking, cooking, sewing, photography, traveling!
    An interesting fact: My husband and I lived in Africa for 3 months back in 2012!

Your turn! Ladies, feel free to add me! Let's do this!

Svelte by Spring is the name of our group! ;)

Hi! I'm Dawn, I'm 38 and I weighed 168lbs a months ago, so I'm hoping to have lost a little since then! (Pic on the right of my profile pic is me). I'm 5'6.
    I'd love to lose another 15-20lbs to get back into my smallest jeans. They fit, but I have a horrible muffin top!

I've actually been on MFP for over 1000 days now, since my now 4 year old was 1, and I logged all through my third pregnancy. My third is now 19 months.

I'm married, and have been for 7.5 years. We have 3 kids... Jack who's 6, Maya who's 4, and Zoë is 19 months.
    I'm a French teacher at secondary school (in England) and work 4 days a week.
    Favourite colour: blue
    Favourite shop: (this will mean nothing to Americans): River Island, Top Shop, Oasis
    Hobbies: gym, languages, music, reading
    Interesting fact: I have a masters degree in Translation and I lived in France for a year when I was 21.
  • LisaS472
    LisaS472 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in!
    I'm Lisa. I'm 43 yrs old, 5'6", 205 lbs. I'm a single mom to 2 boys (20 & 16) and I work as a school librarian. I'd like to lose 60 lbs but I'm working on setting small goals rather than looking at the whole picture. I'd love to join your group!
  • suzannemshaw
    suzannemshaw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group!
  • mcbadkins
    mcbadkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join and have some support. I don't do well by myself. Having some support and motivation and someone to answer to, so to speak. I am turning 43 , 5'4" and weigh 215 lbs. I must do something!!! Looking forward to this group!!!
  • viennaalways
    viennaalways Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I've struggled with weight all my life. I've been more than 200 most of my adult life. I'm currently 5'6" and 224 for a BMI of 36.2. I've been married seven years and we have a 3 year old and 1 year old. I'm still breastfeeding the 1 year old (but not full-time as he's on solids now). They're awesome and we're hoping for more but I'd like to be at a healthier weight when I next get pregnant. I've lost weight several times on Weight Watchers. My lowest adult weight was around 185. I haven't weighed less than that since high school.My long term goal is 150 lbs; my medium-term goal is 185 lbs, which will officially get me out of the obese zone and into the overweight zone (yes, I know, and odd goal to be overweight) :smile: ; and my shorter term goal is to be less than 200 lbs.

Copying the above user's format for a little about me:
    Motivation: healthier weight for pregnancy; also I'm sick of being tired all the time and having so many aches
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Store to shop in: Ann Taylor (currently I *barely* fit in their biggest size, and have to have shirts to cover how tight the pants are)
    Favorite Hobbies: Ummm, does lying on the couch watching TV count as a hobby?

Svelte by spring! If I lose 1.5 lbs/week, I should reach my 185 lb goal in June ... but maybe I could be under 200 in spring :smiley: