What's The Most DISGUSTING Food Item You've Tasted On Your Weightloss / Fitness Journey?

Replies

• Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't like Protein powders or bars at all....:-/ they have a weird minerally aftertaste that stays with you for hours.
    I'd rather eat real food lol

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Sea urchin sashimi

ewo80ag4f5ay.jpg

• kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Sea urchin sashimi

ewo80ag4f5ay.jpg

I wouldn't even know how to begin eating this.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Zero calorie noodles/spaghetti.
    I opened the package and had the urge to stick my head into the cats litter tray for some fresh "air" So googled it, yup supposed to smell bad, just rinse, rinse and rinse. Smelled like dog tripe yuk! But was the only carb I had for my home made pasta sauce. Cooked the slimy buggers and drowned them in sauce.

Even after chilli powder, freshly chopped chilli and sauce the flavour was still overpowering. Disgusting! Yuk!!

http://www.eatwater.co.uk/products/slim-easy/slim-noodles/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=slim-noodles&gclid=CLq20_Xo78kCFQbnwgodgOIB6A.
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Kraft fat free cream cheese. Nasty.

k2-_f2ee4f62-48f5-4827-bd54-5806aa9513da.v1.jpg-61a4ab87f28067562d2f1e52e6eeefb63e7a1e14-optim-450x450.jpg
  • Kale, beets, seaweed, and tuna fish! :s:s:s
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Love tuna (canned), oatmeal and butternut squash. Guess I am odd
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Sea urchin sashimi

ewo80ag4f5ay.jpg

Did you eat the spikes? That looks like an angry eye
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,484 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    not sure why i would eat anything disgusting...

If you're trying something for the first time you may not know it's disgusting.

• MelodyandBarbells
    Caitwn wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Sea urchin sashimi

ewo80ag4f5ay.jpg

Did you eat the spikes? That looks like an angry eye

You don't eat the spikes (although if the poster tried I can see why he was so unsatisfied). I think the plating looks amazing.

The plating is beautiful. The dish itself, I would feed to my cat.

But would your cat eat it?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Hemp protein powder! Beyond green sludge vile.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Cilantro, I decided to use it as I use parsley; not just as a garnish but as a filler, to add a couple of tablespoons of volume for minimal calories; to my 12 serving Chicken Margarita recipe because I had seen via a documentary, that it has health benefits; I believe concerning digestion. It tastes just as vile as it smells, in fact I could smell the taste & vice versa (if that makes sense), never again. I couldn't afford to waste it because after a power outage, that was approximately 27.5 hours & I didn't have a generator, so I wasn't prepared ( I am 35 years old & never had to deal with a power outage, in my area; that was over 4 hours). I lost over $100.00, in frozen & refrigerated food, the 2nd day; that I began trying to lose weight.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Kale only nice in smoothies, couldn't eat it cooked.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Flax seed pizza crust. Everything about it reminded me of packed wet sand.
  • KieraGetsFit
    KieraGetsFit Posts: 30 Member
    Eggplant pizza...smh
  • MelodyandBarbells
    I've tried black bean brownies twice now. First was a little better than the second, since I tried using 2 parts stevia and one part sugar. I'm not used to stevia so the taste was a bit overpowering. Either way, brownies for dinner? Yes, please! I made 1/4 the recipe for a bit under 400 calories, ~12g protein

Thanks, @Sabine_Stroehm !

As for the thread title - I tried powdered egg whites once. Made so much sense to me, avoid dealing with the stuff in cartons just mix it up as I need. I moved recently and threw it out without any second thoughts. It just didn't work, smelled weird and the consistency was basically mixed powder, not egg whites. The people happy with it seemed to be like maybe military dudes who were just happy to have another source of portable protein that doesn't go bad...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I've tried black bean brownies twice now. First was a little better than the second, since I tried using 2 parts stevia and one part sugar. I'm not used to stevia so the taste was a bit overpowering. Either way, brownies for dinner? Yes, please! I made 1/4 the recipe for a bit under 400 calories, ~12g protein

Cheers!
    Will you try them again?
    I like melting a little peanut butter on them at the end. :smile:

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Eggplant pizza...smh

Good stuff! Is it pizza? Who cares! It's yummy!
  • MelodyandBarbells

Cheers!
    Will you try them again?
    I like melting a little peanut butter on them at the end. :smile:

Heck yeah! I also like the chocolatey chips for a small snack. Yeah I bought the knockoff. My budget for new ingredients excluding the canned black beans was a dollar. Psst Chocolatey chips was $1.59 so I settled for that