What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I didn't go down to strangle the orthopedist who didn't diagonose my fractured hip three months ago, left me untreated, now looking forward to a long, slow recovery of PT and strength training to prevent further hip injuries 15 years from now when I'm old.

Good Googley Moogely! Isn't that what just happened with your wrist! Don't they have x-ray machines where you live!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I didn't go down to strangle the orthopedist who didn't diagonose my fractured hip three months ago, left me untreated, now looking forward to a long, slow recovery of PT and strength training to prevent further hip injuries 15 years from now when I'm old.

Good Googley Moogely! Isn't that what just happened with your wrist! Don't they have x-ray machines where you live!

I'd be trying to find out WHY I got two fractures....
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have only lost about 10 pounds but yesterday when I went to h&m for shopping and passed by a wall mirror. My stomach didn't look like it wanted to burst out from the jeans.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A big motivation for me has been to be able to walk around on vacation without a problem. In anticipation of traveling next month, last night I was looking on Google Earth at where I'm going to be. There's an attraction I am planning to go to. I was there many years ago (before I was injured and had to relearn how to walk) and remember it being a lot of walking all day long. I used the tool on Google Earth to measure the distance of the paths, and it came out to just a little over a mile. And my first thought was "Oh, no problem. I can do that!" This morning I went out and walked almost a mile and a half!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

pootle1972 wrote: »

I'd be trying to find out WHY I got two fractures....

1) Well, I got two fractures when a car plowed into me while I was riding my bike legally in the bike lane when she didn't look both ways while making a left turn and trying to beat out a truck in the other lane. So, a 10,000 pound vehicle trumps a 28 pound bike with a 122 pound rider

2) And yes, they do have x-ray machines, but you don't find out what's happening if all you do is note that the existing x-rays are not clear instead of taking new ones to see what's actually going on. Which is what happened when I went to a new orthopedist yesterday - she said, something doesn't look right; let's take new x-rays DUH

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Apologies it sounded like they were two separate incidents not caused from one awful accident
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I had to carry my niece down two flights of stairs. She's around 30 kgs.. I wasn't the least bit out of breath when we arrived downstairs. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it without stopping and gasping just a few weeks ago!
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit for Christmas that I have to exchange for a smaller size because I've lost enough weight that I need a large not XL.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Cargo pants from Macy's I ordered (Boys size 18) actually fit....started my journey wearing women's 24s.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old cousin who hasn't seen me in a couple years said he hardly recognized me and that I "look so good!" Sweet boy doesn't know just how much he made my day. ^.^
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of pants I bought years ago and never got a chance to wear. THREE sizes smaller than what I'd been wearing - that's been sliding down all the time. THREEEEE sizes!!! (Same brand/style, so it's a real comparison)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I made a mistake in getting tickets for Star Wars yesterday and ended up with a seat in the third row for an iMax showing so I went to customer support and changed it for next week. I didn't get mad about it or beat myself up. And I went to see Joy instead.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't have any yet. I have only lost 7.8 pounds so far, but looking forward to the day my wedding ring will fit again
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So I have a couple, just been busy with the holidays...

1. A prior NSV had been doing the adductor machine and being able to easily put my legs together closed to get to the starting position. This past week I noticed that now my thighs AREN'T together...there's a gap. I don't care if it's on a machine and not "real life" I have a thigh gap. I'm rolling with it.

2. I'm doing that leg press machine where you lay back and press up at an angle. I'm up to 340 pounds now, 3 sets of 10. I got one of those "respect" nods from one of the regular guys (think he's a trainer too).

3. I'm squatting using the 45 lb plates now, even with a bad knee. It's also good for the ego to see guys take weight OFF because mine are too high for them *huge grin*

4. At certain angles, I can feel my ribs again.

Now, if my mommy pouch would get smaller instead of sagging (losing fat under there so it actually looks WORSE) I'd be on cloud 9 LOL
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's the day after Christmas, and I'm beginning to feel some inward curves on my abdomen instead of outward rolls. It feels awesome!
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 pant sizes and I am now able to fit into a jeans of a Japanese store (okay the largest size but still) I didn't expect being able to fit in a pair of jeans here!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ok another nsv. I just did my first Zumba class (full vs me doing Zumba at home). My calves were cramping a bit & my knees were achy, but I got through it. I thought I'd have to lose another 20 lbs before even attempting an aerobics class. NSV part deux - I took my sweatshirt off and actually saw a few arm muscles. Focused on those versus the jiggle in my arms, which was less, but still.

:smile:
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    kellellie wrote: »
    Thank you !!!

Continue to be true to diary.Even though holidays. Was at Gym when they reopened after Christmas..
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Found two more pairs of pants in the back of my closet that now fit - both jeans!! Bonus!
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Just bought the first pair of size 10 jeans since before I got married over 7 years ago! Yay!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!