Join me in a 3-day sprint to New Year's Eve!

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    vanessa40 wrote: »
    Hi.. I am in
    I ran 3 miles this morning and did 30 minutes of yoga..

Nice!
  • mtjohnston42
    Meranda29 wrote: »
    What a great idea! I'm signing up for a class right now!!

No time like the present!
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    jdqfeoe91dyd.jpeg

Let's get this started with a bang!! Feel the morning sun on your face and get ready to make this happen. One day at a time!

What workouts is everyone going to do today?

We got a new elliptical for ourselves for Christmas so I hopped on that for 20 minutes for some interval cardio.
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    jdqfeoe91dyd.jpeg

Let's get this started with a bang!! Feel the morning sun on your face and get ready to make this happen. One day at a time!

I will walk three miles in 60 mins day 1. I used to do it in 45 mins but if I can break 60 min in days two and three I will be thrilled! Thanks again for the motivation!
  • genedotts
    genedotts Posts: 19 Member
    Count me in Bro. Had a goal of 299 by the 21st. Didn't hit it. So trying to get as close as possible before rolling into 2016. I don't do junk,soda,cookies.ie etc... Gone from 577 to my current 312 as of the 21st. I'll weigh in Wednesday to my New Year Weight. But Count Me In
  • guchii
    guchii Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    jdqfeoe91dyd.jpeg

Today I did a 45 minute Firm workout and I'm in 100% for this challenge!!
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    I'm in too! Doing my bicycling today. 30-45 minutes
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm in!! I have spent the past week trying to just get used to tracking again and ramp up to the new year, and my *official* starting weigh-in is scheduled for Friday, so this will be a great way to push myself to get serious going into the new year!

I am going to try and fit in at least a 30 minute walk every day, and hopefully make it to the gym for some time on the elliptical.

This is a great idea! Thanks!
  • Matthew112830
    Matthew112830 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in! Thanks for this challenge. Tonight is a half hour fitness class before 50 minutes of Taekwondo.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Awesome day for me! Fitness class and bjj session done. Busy day at work meant over 13700 steps. Stayed under calories although went over carb goal, but it was worth it as I went for lunch with friends from the UK who I don't get to see often at all. Very encouraging session of BJJ. Small class meant loads of attention from our Sensei and he really helped me set my mind at ease about an issue that had been bothering me.

Tomorrow is no work so I want to get in some good training time (fitness, swim and judo) and then try out rollerblading!
  • mtjohnston42
    76vjnonhw1rh.gif

Love the enthusiasm everyone! Keep it up! I crushed 30 minutes of an intense cardio routine today, and my nutrition is right on track! Trying to plan ahead for dinner now ...

You are all rock stars for making the choice to take control of your lives this week!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    So far I've passed my daily goal of 5500 steps (including a 30 minute walk) and did my very first ever workout with dumbbells (3 lbs).
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Did 60 minutes of stationary bike and 30 of body beast chest (weight DVD). Thanks for setting up this mini-challenge!
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Love this!!! I made some questionable choices today for breakfast and lunch so I took my little butt out for a run. Hubby is ordering pizza for dinner so I am thawing out some homemade soup for me instead. Woot for not throwing the baby out with the bathwater :)
  • mtjohnston42
    64crayons wrote: »
    So far I've passed my daily goal of 5500 steps (including a 30 minute walk) and did my very first ever workout with dumbbells (3 lbs).

Nice start! Highly recommend everyone do work some sort of weight/strength training into their weekly routines.
  • mtjohnston42
    Sez3199 wrote: »
    Love this!!! I made some questionable choices today for breakfast and lunch so I took my little butt out for a run. Hubby is ordering pizza for dinner so I am thawing out some homemade soup for me instead. Woot for not throwing the baby out with the bathwater :)

Way to make good choices!
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Already completed 32 minutes of walking today, and have a very leisurely one-mile walk planned with hubby later, so I'll hit around 56 minutes of walking today.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    64crayons wrote: »

Nice start! Highly recommend everyone do work some sort of weight/strength training into their weekly routines.

Thanks! I've read on here that some people wish they'd started weight training when they first started losing weight, so I decided to give it a whirl. Is it something I should do every day? I'm also doing C25K, and just walking on the days in between.
  • I'm in. Surprised myself how well I did over Christmas thanks to the forums so wanna do it again for NY. On my bike for an hour right now.