What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    reshonne wrote: »
    I can cross my legs!

Me too! My other one is my 4 yo daughter looked at me and said "Momma, you're getting little" :D
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed! This year I have cycled, run, walked, rowed and generally shimmied my way across a distance of 10,000km. Last year I managed 3,700km or so in 6 months so I have completely smashed my record. The biggest day was doing 263km on the stationary bike in a row! This I have managed despite illness, moving home, stress with the family, a few holidays and general lazy days! So now out to celebrate italian style :)
  • Bringit2016
    Bringit2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was able to fit into medium size pants two days ago. Best feeling ever :)
  • MBM82284
    MBM82284 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a NSV everyday when I manage to roll out of bed 30-45 minutes earlier than I have to in order to work out before work. I hate waking up early and doing it when I get home for work is out of the question.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I just started back MyFitnessPal and exercising, and while doing my exercise video, I wanted to stop it and sit down so bad (it's been about three months since I've exercised, and I'm out of shape), but I didn't. I pushed through.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand this 100 percent, but here goes.

I'm a grinder(my teeth when I sleep), my dentist says the worst she's treated. After dropping 50 pounds and adding exercise, I no longer take any meds for BP, GERD and a bunch of other crap, I also grind less. Last I was there the tech mentioned me getting a new splint(nightguard to prevent grinding) for my mouth. I didn't question it until they wanted me to come in to fit the split, then I questioned who was paying $500.00 for the split. The girl at the desk said "no charge, DR. X wanted you to try this, your bite has likely changed and she thought you'll like this better". I knew there was a chance that some of my medical conditions were due to weight, but my dental, I would not have expected that.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    NSV Alert: I went shopping yesterday. My Guess size 11AU /7US jeans have become very unattractive in the butt & belly, adding unnecessary bulk to my frame.

Yesterday I braved a shop I haven't been in for 6.5 years. It was a very emotional thing for me as I last went in there just after moving to Australia & being at my highest weight (97kg/213lb). At just 5'3 and a dress size 18AU/14US, there was nothing in this entire store for me.

It hurt me so badly because I hadn't really realised until then just how bad everything had gotten.

To make matters more confronting was the fact that I was this store's key demographic. At 20 years of age with disposable income and a love of style, I was their target market completely if it were not for the fact that their clothes stopped 2 sizes below my needs.

I was still squeezing myself into 14s then so technically they carried my size. I tried things on. I fit nothing. I was embarrassed. I was confused. I told myself they were a small fit. I went home and cried.

Yesterday, I purchased 2 pairs of size 10AU/6US jeans and size Small top from this store.

It has taken 6.5 years, numerous tears, endless sweat, several tantrums, plenty of restarts, 4 fad diets and lots of personal growth. I had a little joyful cry in the changing rooms, handed over my card and left feeling like I did 20-year-old-me proud.

So happy for you!!
  • tjones1262
    tjones1262 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My thighs don't rub together when I walk! Yes!! I have been able to take clothes out of the "clothes that don't fit me because they are too small" basket and have had to start a donation bag for "clothes that don't fit me because they are too big"!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Today my best friend and I went shopping for a dress for me to wear in her wedding, A year ago, I would have dreaded trying on dresses since I could never find anything that was pretty and fit. Today, I would start with size and she would keep bringing me smaller ones in the same dress. I finally left the store with a pretty dress in a size 8!!!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed! This year I have cycled, run, walked, rowed and generally shimmied my way across a distance of 10,000km. Last year I managed 3,700km or so in 6 months so I have completely smashed my record. The biggest day was doing 263km on the stationary bike in a row! This I have managed despite illness, moving home, stress with the family, a few holidays and general lazy days! So now out to celebrate italian style :)

IMPRESSIVE! CONGRATS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating very healthy the last week or so, but am back at healthy eating and exercising. I came down stairs in my work out clothes this morning and added 5 minutes to my usual time on the eliptical. I even put on my shoes on the stairs didn't sit on the recliner or anywhere else to get me side tracked. I am back at it.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I keep a mileage journal and I have reached each goal that I set this year. I just finished a 6 mile power walk and I managed to end this year walking 1700.20 miles. I am feeling pretty damn proud of myself. My total walking miles since joining MFP is 2700.20 miles. Looking forward to 2017 and wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is a mixed victory, but here goes: I've been in a plateau for the last month or so, due to poor eating choices and just generally overdoing it on the junky holiday food over the holidays.
    However, I've only gained half a pound and once the barrage of holiday shenanigans has ended I think I'll be able to bust right through this plateau and continue on to my goal. No freak outs, no giving up, no extreme tactics- I'm losing weight like a damned adult.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was shoveling snow, wearing my stretchy, size 12 cords and said pants started falling off of me, I thought they were unbuntonned at first!
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    This is a mixed victory, but here goes: I've been in a plateau for the last month or so, due to poor eating choices and just generally overdoing it on the junky holiday food over the holidays.
    However, I've only gained half a pound and once the barrage of holiday shenanigans has ended I think I'll be able to bust right through this plateau and continue on to my goal. No freak outs, no giving up, no extreme tactics- I'm losing weight like a damned adult.

isn't that an amazing feeling??!?
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Working. Out Hard. 6 pounds. Lost since Christmas.. ....
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    slinke2014 wrote: »
    Ponkeen wrote: »

isn't that an amazing feeling??!?

Sure is!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I have my mouth open in amazement! This is impressive.
    To an even better 2016 silverarcheress

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Made three batches of peanut butter cookies for family and friends (parties) and didn't even have a bite! (And I LOVE peanut butter cookies!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!