MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I will not get frustrated at seeing all the masses of questions that everyone has asked before. I will enjoy being friended by new year-ers. I will not get too sad when 90% of them stop logging in after a month.
    This.
  • nicholajaneryan
    nicholajaneryan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

The word derp shall not pass my lips

Yours (shall we take weight and fitness as a given)

"Less" is a perfectly correct term to use when preceding a thing that can be counted. So "less calories" is grammatically correct.

Sorry.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I shall not mentally chant "what a waste of testosterone" when 19 yo guys post that they are eating 1300 calories a day because they think they are skinny fat.
  • nicholajaneryan
    Options
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

"Less" is a perfectly correct term to use when preceding a thing that can be counted. So "less calories" is grammatically correct.

Sorry.

Wait *kitten*, I've got that the wrong way round. Ignore me, you're right. It's things that can't be counted where "less" should be used.

This is embarrassing for me because I'm doing a masters degree in professional writing
  • jemhh
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @nicholajaneryan you can edit for up to an hour. Hop to it tout de suite. Hup hup!
  • nicholajaneryan
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    @nicholajaneryan you can edit for up to an hour. Hop to it tout suite. Hup hup!

It's ok, I'm always happy to admit when I'm wrong :smile:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I will try and not let MFP's glitches bother me as much.

I think I've failed already... Stupid recipe calculator
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I will not get annoyed by data entries that do not have grams listed. I will, however, give my phone screen the evil look.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    dkingdom1 wrote: »
    I will not get annoyed by data entries that do not have grams listed. I will, however, give my phone screen the evil look.

I will take the time to modify every entry that doesn't have grams listed (but you can't edit the verified one. WTF).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    dkingdom1 wrote: »

I will take the time to modify every entry that doesn't have grams listed (but you can't edit the verified one. WTF).
    There's nothing more wonderful than verified, solid entries listed as mLs.

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I shall smile serenely and pass without comment all posts titled 'Can't lose weight!' when it involves two weeks of dieting and three days of being the same weight...

I shall shudder, avert my eyes, and place a dollar in a jar when 'defiantly' is used in place of 'definitely' on these boards. Correcting is useless & I could use the money as a rainy day bonus...

I shall bless and release all women of various sizes, shapes, ages, and activity levels who want to eat 1200 calories. It is obviously part of their feminine identity to be such delicate creatures. I pray there is a sturdy fainting couch nearby for their comfort & safety...

This one cracked me up!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I will not get frustrated when the gym is crowded by the New Year/New Me fitness freaks. I have been one of them on many a January 1st.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Sorry.

Wait *kitten*, I've got that the wrong way round. Ignore me, you're right. It's things that can't be counted where "less" should be used.

This is embarrassing for me because I'm doing a masters degree in professional writing

Hehehehehe

Heheheheheheheeheheheh

Sorry

Hehehe
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I lied in my earlier post regarding other people's errors. I'm now twitchy because I've just seen "alot". It's two words, people! I need a rub-down with a gin-soaked rag to get over this ::hangs head in shame::
  • mogginsthemog
    mogginsthemog Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "I shall not, EVER AGAIN, take a selfie, and cause an eclipse to happen on the far bathroom wall. The next one will cast a mere faint shadow. "
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I will finally choose one: SMH means Shake My Head or Smack My Head.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.
    Sorry I am bad >:)
  • jemhh
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Hmm. I thought it was Scratch My Head so I'm interested in your decision.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Hmm. I thought it was Scratch My Head so I'm interested in your decision.

Hahahhaha - oh no!! Another one!

• vivmom2014
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.
    Sorry I am bad >:)

Totally feeling you on this.