29-Jan: <>
    30-Jan: <>
    31-Jan: <Life Day>

Upcoming Races:
    16-Jan: Museum of Aviation HM, Warner Robins, GA
    19-Mar: Cherry Blossom 10K, Macon, GA
    16-Apr: Running for Ronald 5K or 10K, Macon, GA
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA

WOW! 2 days in and over a hundred-fifty posts to catch up on! Welcome to all the new folks (and especially to those who are related to the old-timers!) and welcome back to us old folks! It's a new year to crush, and those miles aren't gonna run themselves. Challenge Accepted!

Might have to update my post to auto-add CA! at the end....

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Everyone, @ericjayh has a natural talent for running. He doesn't do much training, runs every now and then (just guessing, he might have made 100 miles last year), and can knock out some respectable distance and times.

His HM is sub 2. I mean really? The 31st he felt like running and did 11 miles, long hills on road. Who just decides to run 11 miles? He's not Kenyan..

I hope he finds the desire to train in this group. I'll never be able to catch him.

I know that there are guys here that he can learn from when he's ready. He's mentioned Boston, and I don't doubt that he could pull that off, if he puts his mind to it. So I invite the guys to friend him so I'm not his only competition. That's just unfair.. :wink:
  • sienainthesun
    sienainthesun Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1/2: 3 miles in the great outdoors. Cold and windy but the sun was out in full force.
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ekoth_09 wrote: »
    ekoth_09 wrote: »
    In for 25

Jan 1- 1 mile of a walk/jog. Starting small.
    1 mile done, 24 to go.

Awesome job everyone!

Jan 1- 1 mile
    2- 2 miles of walking. 3 down 21 to go.
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Gotta make me a ticker!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Ericjayh wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm Eric, @Elise4270 's husband. I'll join in but I have no goal. We'll just see where the month takes us.

1-rest

Upcoming races
    2-6-2016 Hot Chocolate Dallas
    3-19-2016 rock and roll 5k
    3-20-16 rock and roll half Dallas
    And what ever else my wife rooks me in too! :smiley:

It's okay to not have a goal. I posted for all of December with my goal listed as "none stated" because I don't do monthly goals. This month, I'm showing my weekly goals with the idea of mentioning how I performed vs. goal each Saturday. Because I'm following a training plan, close to goal is good and blowing way past goal is not good for me.
  • hminchan
    hminchan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Min. Cycling is my exercise of choice but I'm also incorporating running into my exercise routine. For a start, I'm going to set 80 km (50 miles) for my January goal.

exercise.png
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 55 miles this month.

1/2 6.5 miles

Longest non-stop run so far. Yay! Also upped my speed a little bit as I was thinking I'd only run 5 tonight, soooo while I'm still a turtle to you many hares in this group, it's a slightly faster turtle. Was 15 min/mile on my long runs, tonight just under 14 min/mi. Running outside the last few, shorter runs has helped my speed some I guess. There I typically hit just around 12 min/mi (a bit over sometimes, a bit under some) for 3.5 to 4 miles.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Got on the treadmill feeling like crap... But my stomach feels better now. Weird. Glad I did it anyway. I have a lot of life stuff to work through, so it's nice to just talk to myself in my head for a bit.

2.9 miles today - almost up to my daily goal!

01/02 ..... 2.9 miles ...... 5.7/84 miles
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    January goal 70 miles

1/1 3.69
    1/25

Total 7.84
    @michable Welcome: funny, I had never heard of Yepoon till today, and (sadly) heard it for the second time in regard to a horrible shark attack: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382257/Pictured-man-31-left-fighting-life-hospital-attacked-huge-shark-Queensland-s-revealed-punched-beast-repeatedly-escape.html

Upcoming races:
    3/20 Big Island International 1/2 marathon
    11/13/16 Las Vegas Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1/2 - 3.0 miles

This is my fourth ever run as an adult and I'm loving it. I made it just under 1.5 miles before needing to walk for moment to let my legs stop screaming at me. All miles under 9 minutes so I'm feeling encouraged and ready to head out again on Monday.

Must buy warmer gloves. Stayed warm enough with the running gear I bought buy my fingers were freezing.

https://www.strava.com/activities/461739412

exercise.png
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

Jan 1 - 4.7 walk/run
    Jan 2 - rest, did a half hour x-country ski

exercise.png

• kittary
    kittary Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am dreaming of the day I finish and say " I think I have more left in me for another....."

DATE...............MILES............TOTAL......Goal 30
    1/2.....................2.25...............2.25
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui, thanks for the welcome. And the news of that shark attack was awful. I have been in Yeppoon for 14 years and never heard of anything like that happening here before. Very sad.
  • saraovoxo
    saraovoxo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    50 KM this month! That means running 5K atleast 10 Times so atleast 2 - 3 timews a week! Last month I did 24, I think I can double it!

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will go through and read all the posts while watching the football games. I can't believe I am already over 200 behind - wow!

Had a great longish run today to start the year for me. Met up with my elite runner friend who I hadn't seen for a while and we ran a few miles together before I split off for home. My legs are still a bit stiff from the HM last weekend but are getting better with each day/run I do.

Date..........Miles.........Total
    01/01.......0.00..........0.00 - total rest/slug day. Did walk 1.5 miles with the pup
    01/02.......9.33..........9.33

I haven't figured out what I want for my ticker yet - will get that done tomorrow too.

These are my upcoming races, let me know if you are going to be running too:
    02/07/16 - Surf City Half, Huntington Beach, CA
    02/20/16 - Special Edition Divas Half, Temecula, CA
    02/27/16 - SoCal Running and Beer Fest, Lake Elsinore, CA
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost my code for mine so I'll start again.

exercise.png
  • terrifrost
    terrifrost Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Goal: 100km
    2/1: 12km done!
    3/1: 5km done!

Total: 17km