WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good morning -
    trublutopaz Hang in there and make sure to take steps to take care of yourself. Maybe a short walk, or some stretching, or a healthy meal that you spend some time making just for yourself. Focus on you.

Katla You don't happen to have a Mac, do you? Seriously, the built-in dictation saved my sanity when I couldn't use my right hand. I feel your frustration.

I'm doing well with staying on track with exercise and food. However, my knee is more than sore (I think injured possibly) today so as much as I want to push through the P90x3 routine today, I have to be rational about this. I think opting for swimming might be the better choice. Or maybe nothing. There's a fine line between being sore and pushing through vs. being injured and making it worse. My mind isn't very logical in that area.

Food is planned. Knee is being iced. Advil taken. Work emails read. ...maybe go back to bed??? No!!!! I will not do that! Gosh, so tempting. Having that low key week between Christmas and New Years was very pleasant. :smiley:

One more cup of coffee.

Stay well

Kimses in MA

5255.gif

• Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Heather I am still running! In fact running strong...... Gone through a couple of Half marathons. But if the weight which has slowly crept up had gone the other way, would have been faster too!!!
    There were some issues with my thyroid meds, being too low, rectified, then the doc decreased my dosage further n the weight jumped back.
    Got to deal with it n the diet.....
    Logged in 3rd day in a row and can see how I was eating way beyond my target. Reading even a few posts is always motivating!
    Have a great day ladies!
    So many new ladies to befriend and get to know!

Anamika from Mumbai! :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Off to work.... ugh!!
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hope I can manage to let the sugar craving go!!!! If I can go 3 days without eating some type of chocolate, I will have it made! Yikes!!!

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Some of you may remember my story from earlier posts (like many months ago earlier posts) that my husband was looking for a new job. Well the husband was let go from his job yesterday at 2 pm. A company cleansing shall we say to save their financial butts. Our first morning together. Praying he finds employment and soon. However, knowing this day was to come he has been searching since last February. Over 100 applications, 17 interviews (phone, Skype and in person) and no takers. He is trying to make the jump from for-profit education to state/public education. He has come in 2 nd choice in about all those interviews. Sigh..... anyone need a Director of Career Services? I've been stress eating and will leave it at that. Luckily I have PT this morning for an hour so I will get in a workout from that. I feel a headache coming on....ugh.

Happy Tuesday to all my MFP friends!

Cheri in very cold NE Ohio (hopefully not for long)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    .14. Morning peeps
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lisa GOOD LUCK, not that you need it. I'm sure you will wow them. My old motto is "If you can't impress them with intelligence, baffle them with bull @&$#" :) let us know how it goes. Is this the DG position?

Janetr okc - Cheering for Lisa!
  • BeeThere
    BeeThere Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    It's still raining and my nose is still running, ugh. Coughing this morning along with it. Overall, I do feel better though.

Janetr in AZ (where the rain has follwed me, locals are gonna send me home at this rate)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cheri ~ Wishing your husband good luck in his job search!
  • BeeThere
    Options
    That was a test, being a newbie, wasn't sure how this all works.
  • BeeThere
    Options
    Ugh! I think I did something wrong. Did my whole post get eaten?

• BeeThere
    Options
    I'm a newbie and looking for motivation and to motivate! :) I posted 3 time already and they are not coming out right. I'll figure this out so bare with me. I'm Deb and I turn 50 this month. I'm limited for exercise due to injury, so anyone with walking ideas, I'm all ears. I've gone back to school to finish my BS and I'm also, like many of you, attempting to remove the clutter, both physical and mental, from my life. Here's to a great 2016 where we can clean out the clutter!!
    :smile: Deb
  • GailMullins
    GailMullins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    iM A NEWBIE AS WELL AND TRYING TO FIGURE THIS ALL OUT IM NOT SO COMPUTER SAVY...
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my first time here. I look forward to getting to know everyone. I am 53......Soon to be 54. I live in Minnesota and it is getting COLD outside. I need to lose 50 more lbs.
    I am married (34 years) to my high school sweetheart. We have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren.
    I have been on more "diets" than I can count, but MFP seems to work the best for me. I use the treadmill and walking outside to get my exercise.
    I would like to strength train but I am too shy to do it in a gym.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Cheri - Has your hubby checked with colleges, including community colleges? I randomly see those types of positions open when I'm cruising the local college websites for jobs.

Alison - I didn't do as well as I'd hoped after dinner. Finished off the last of a container of Danish cookies. :disappointed: However, they are all gone now so no more temptation.

Lisa - You have so many marketable skills that working as a retail manager seems to be beneath your skill level. Have you checked into telecommuting so that you could do something that would challenge you? Then, again, maybe you want something that you don't have to stress over. Sorry. I'll go back to minding my own business. :smile:

I, on the other hand, am constantly told that I could do this or that but I don't have the confidence to try. :neutral:

Still worrying about Sylvia...

Katla - Sorry you have to wait, but have been there with my son when he's broken bones.

And, that's about the extent of my short-term memory!

I'm off to go wander around the building for a bit and get in some steps. I've been marvelously productive this morning, so I think I'm due a little break.

Carol in NC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JanetR - close enough to DG, it's Family Dollar stores... and once I'm done there, I'm going to pop over to WorkForce Development, the state agency, and find out the details on the career fair TDCJ is holding these next couple days (Texas Department of Criminal Justice). There are two correctional facilities in close proximity, and they're doing a couple things tomorrow and Thursday. Don't want to be a correctional officer, but wouldn't mind working in an office again. I think. We'll see. The benefits, of course, are amazing. The pay is... eh. But even minimum wage is more than I'm bringing in at the moment. And thanks for the cheerleading when you feel like ca-ca, but you HAVE to stop wiping your nose on your pom-poms, people will talk! :smiley:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm still trying to get the puppy biting under control. Anybody interested in joining the BLC I did it the last time and really enjoyed the challenges and people I met on that thread. It also help me to lose some weight and stay focused. Weigh in starts on the 7-10 and the challenge starts on the 11th.

Cheri sending prayers for your DH to find a job soon. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Was hungry in the night so I had a protein bar. It certainly put me back to sleep! Logged it.
    Unfortunately it was a yoga day, so not many calories burned. This afternoon I got on the recumbent bike, watched a property show online and burned off 285 more calories. :drinker: Still got to declutter my holiday drawer. DH is painting.

I will be snacking on carrots and celery this pm as I want to save enough for a fish and prawn soup tonight with rouille and a touch of grated cheese. I'm counting 475 for that. :D<3

It was lovely to get back to yoga and see all the girls. (We are mostly over 65) Lots of catching up. :) We talked about a quality we would like to have. I said Spontaneity.
    I'm bowing out of the WI meeting tonight as my friend is ill and it's mainly an administration meeting. Never mind. I do feel a bit guilty, but too bad. >:)

Must do my drawer. o:)

Heather UK
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    ps: I want you to know I did ALL of my post left handed. I WANT MY RIGHT HAND FINGERS BACK!!! Katla the Grump

My experience made me realize that children should learn to be ambidextrous...using my left hand was frustrating to say the least. My employer purchased Dragon Speak for my computer and although it had a learning curve, it kept me working! It's harder 61 to become 'flexible' lol!! Without surgery, it should be 8 weeks to heal tops! You can do it!