Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ha! I hadn't thought of associating Cameron with alcohol to make it an aversive stimulus. Brilliant.
  • tcmaes29
    tcmaes29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in since Jan. 3rd.
  • meeganbrett
    meeganbrett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Winding down day 5 with some tea. Got a wicked cold, so don't feel much like drinking. Has anyone noticed any weight loss yet?
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @meeganbrett - I weigh in this Friday and that'll be a full week with no alcohol. I'll report back!
  • caitlynchristensen
    caitlynchristensen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Caitlyn Christensen. I am 25 years old have about 50 pounds to lose. I just got accepted into the January 12 week challenge for Nadine Dumas What it Takes Challenge. Would love to have some more supporters to be accountable to and bounce ideas off of. If you have some spare time and want to visit and like my challenge page I've listed it and feel free to add me on facebook or twitter (@RTbreatheforyou) or fitness pal.
    www.facebook.com/wit2016CaitlynChristensen
  • agucitis
    agucitis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Its very good decision! And if You know reason why alcohol was made than You would avoid alcohol for ever! :)
  • Dolcedia
    Dolcedia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Took a day off on Tuesday. Oops! Felt miserable yesterday. It looks like I am an all or nothing wine drinker and feel so much better without it!!! Down four pounds ..... only 16 to go in 16 weeks. Logging daily really helps with accountability. I wonder how many of us on this thread will make it to the end of January. Maybe half??
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Made it through Day 3. One major trigger and one medium one. Even had to cut my workout time to deal with one. But stayed strong, even though my wife has a wine bottle in the house. Only bummer is that I didn't lose any more weight. Oh well, yesterday was a heavy lift day and no time for cardio, so not a total surprise.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am in as of Wednesday (yesterday)!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I have been extremely bad with eating and drinking since...let me be honest...last June after I came back from vacation. In 6 months I've gained 18 lbs total so Heck yes I am in this challenge!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Winding down day 5 with some tea. Got a wicked cold, so don't feel much like drinking. Has anyone noticed any weight loss yet?

I'm down 3lbs but that was expected due to water weight.

Welcome @dbanks80 :) Least your back at it @Dolcedia
  • Dolcedia
    Options
    Night and day difference in the way I feel....kind of empowered!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    The weekend is where my real challenge begins. I don't drink during the week but my weekends is where I fall off the wagon! I am going to stay strong I will let everyone know how it went on Monday. :-)
  • Dolcedia
    Options
    Down another pound. Made better choices last night. Taking a cooking class on mastering seafood. Trying to embrace shrimp and salmon. Prefer pasta and tacos. Love cheese. Trying to cut back on this as well. You think great cheese....paired with terrific wine.... Too much of a good thing!

Thanks for the recommendation of a fruit flavored drink when out. Very tasty!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Yum blue cheese, wine and grapes!!! Yummmm!!! Great job for taking a seafood cooking class @Dolcedia
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @dbanks80 - Good luck this weekend! I survived last weekend with mocktails and doing things that I don't associate with drinking (like going to the movies). That's my plan going into this weekend, too. Sparkling water, going to see a movie, and working out.

@Dolcedia - Congrats on the loss!

I weighed in this morning and am down 3.4 pounds since my last weigh in! Really happy with this and excited to see what the rest of the month brings. One of the major things I've noticed is how much more energy I have, and how much better my runs are. My workouts have really improved since cutting out the alcohol which has been wonderful. Hope everyone has a great Friday, and good luck this weekend!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Wow!!!! Congrats @Somebody_Loved that is awesome weight loss!!! The movie theatres here have the nice reclining chairs and a full bar! :s

I will be drinking water and going to Zumba class tomorrow. I don't like soft drinks, tea, juices and stuff. If I am not drinking wine I drink water and coffee (in the morning)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Wow!!!! Congrats @Somebody_Loved that is awesome weight loss!!! The movie theatres here have the nice reclining chairs and a full bar! :s

I will be drinking water and going to Zumba class tomorrow. I don't like soft drinks, tea, juices and stuff. If I am not drinking wine I drink water and coffee (in the morning)

Ha, tell me about it. I usually go to the 21+ theater and order a bacon cheeseburger with a bottle of wine. :/ I've since changed to the regular theater and get a large diet coke and eat dinner beforehand. At least it's cheaper!
  • Dolcedia
    Options
    There are terrific movies on Netflix. So, I generally stream all kinds of documentaries and international films. If anyone wants a few recommendations, just let me know. Often they have been presented at the Sundance Film Festival. Great entertainment and information for very little money!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss @Somebody_Loved :)

Now my challenge begins, I always have a drink on the weekend so I automatically want one now I'm home. Just poured out my normal vodka and diet dandelion and burdock minus the vodka lol :#