My Diet is Better Than Yours (TV Show)

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sounds like it should be titled "My woo is derpier than your woo".

ercaface wrote: »
    Quacks!!!! Both ladies were quacks! 'Taskercizing'?? Are you kidding me? And cleanses and resets and massaging fat!!! I seriously yelled at the TV. A lot.

How about Prancercise instead?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

Oh my goodness...can't look away... This may be the most amazing thing ever. Especially in the salmon blazer and white slacks.

Few years ago a lady at my gym was doing this kind of "walking" in the track. She was listening to her music and her movements were probably following the rhythm. It was very entertaining, to the point that when she was doing her walks I was able to stay longer in the ARC Trainer; my cardio fitness increased a lot, that is for sure, but I don't know about hers. She hasn't been around for a long time. I miss her :'(
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    kchuskey wrote: »

Quacks!!!! Both ladies were quacks! 'Taskercizing'?? Are you kidding me? And cleanses and resets and massaging fat!!! I seriously yelled at the TV. A lot.

This is amazing. Thank you for posting this. I could not look away. Can you imagine the people trying to tee off, and looking over at that mid swing? Oh my God.. Good stuff!

Personally, I just can't look away from the huge camel toe she's sporting...looser pants are your friend.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    AClark1023 wrote: »

This is amazing. Thank you for posting this. I could not look away. Can you imagine the people trying to tee off, and looking over at that mid swing? Oh my God.. Good stuff!

Personally, I just can't look away from the huge camel toe she's sporting...looser pants are your friend.

Hahaha that camel toe was the star of the show. You would have thought the camera person would have said something.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I forgot all about this coming on. I was interested b/c I'm a big fan of Shaun T, but now I've got to see this Taskercise lady, lol.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    The diets are judged based on total percentage of weight loss over the course of the show, which honestly isn't even enough to judge if a diet is "better". Other markers should be included like blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

I'm watching it right now, and Shaun T did say they have a team of doctors to monitor other things. He mentioned that one of the contestants' blood pressure went down like 18% and another's waist went down so many inches. So I don't think they're going by scale alone.
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options

:D Haha..Yeah she's def showing some toe!
  • jdhcm2006
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The show is entertaining if only for the taskercise lady, lol. But I'm frustrated with the way some the contestants are behaving with their weight loss, but then I have to remind myself that I have sighed with small disappointment when I "only" saw a half pound loss.

But I do like that they aren't eliminating the contestant, but diet plan. B/c that way each contestant still gets to put in 12 weeks of hard work with the help of an "expert"
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think what's her name could have kept her diet plan if she wanted but it obviously wasn't right for her.

I'm now watching the first part of the show. Taskercising at the grocery store was just weird.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I think what's her name could have kept her diet plan if she wanted but it obviously wasn't right for her.

I'm now watching the first part of the show. Taskercising at the grocery store was just weird.

I agree Taj could have kept with the Wellness plan, but I do agree that they weren't a good fit for one another. Personally, I wouldn't have lasted on that plan for a day.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Lol!

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Paleo will win. :wink:
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I agree that it's weird in public, but I taskercise all the time at home. I didn't know there was a name for it. Like if I am heating something up in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, I walk/jog the whole time while waiting for my food, lol.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I caught the show the other day and not only was it frustrating, it was super boring. A few contestants in particular seem only interested in dropping a lot of weight really fast and so I would guess that once they lose the weight and the shows over they gain again. The taskercise woman is really the only remotely interesting part of the show.
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When the crazy trainer spanked her I was so weak lol
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoyed the episodes I've watched so far. The clean momma diet was ridiculous. I did not like that diet coach, but I also don't love that contestant either.

Who I do love: I love Shaun T as the host, and he's clearly a host that cares about the contestants. I love the superfood swap diet, both the contestant and the diet coach, but her book won't be out until next December. I already have begun doing swaps on my own and I'm trying to slowly incorporate more exercise each day. Lifestyle change! YEAH!
    I really like the other diet coaches as well. The no diet coach is great in that he is focusing on working on the mind set of his contestant and that is really important. I'm not sure how accurate things are, but the fact that his negativity took center stage as a root cause to his problems, and then having an 8 lb loss that week was an interesting premise. Maybe he really did get out of his way that week.
    The newest coach they brought on, I really like her and I think it will be a much better fit for that contestant.

I think thats what I really like. That they are letting the contestants choose and they should be choosing based on their personalities and what they think would work and dthey are clearly getting results.

What I HATE: I hate when the contestants get upset about not losing 5 or more lbs. How often have we been told, that that kind of weightloss is not sustainable. ALL THE TIME. Yet here is another show focusing too much on huge losses in short periods of time. This is actually why I really like the superfood swap because that contestant and that coach are more accurate about it being gradual and some weeks won't be as great as others. You still have to keep going.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    hararayne wrote: »
    I love the superfood swap diet, both the contestant and the diet coach, but her book won't be out until next December.

I like her, too. I might read her 2010 book, The Flexitarian Diet. I'm not into 'superfoods' as a concept, anyway.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My wife was watching it, so I popped my head in just to see if it was as bad as I figured it would be. I wasn't disappointed. The crazy raw vegan detox lady threw her trainee under the bus big time and flounced out of there in a huff!
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I turned the show off when the guy put a slab of butter in his coffee in the premier episode. YUCK. I would like to see the participants in 18 months. See who had kept the weight off and was still following the diet. Of course, TV does not follow people that far. It is 12 weeks and they are done.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

A form of Zumba while walking? I also just love, how she begins each exercise; from the same place instead of just, beginning the next exercise; where the previous 1 ends. How about some new scenery?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    My wife was watching it, so I popped my head in just to see if it was as bad as I figured it would be. I wasn't disappointed. The crazy raw vegan detox lady threw her trainee under the bus big time and flounced out of there in a huff!

That was the crazy 'taskercise' lady.