What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• I went to the store to buy jeans and grabbed what I thought was a 10 (US), and the third pair I tried on. They were a little tight but only in the way that they will loosen up after wearing for a while. So, I decided to get them anyway because I liked how they looked. It wasn't until after I took them off I noticed that they were actually a size 8!!! I haven't been that small since high school. I was a 12 a year ago.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    I just posted a photo of myself in my profile. This is a big deal for me. Not since gaining all of the weight have I willingly had a photo of myself taken, let alone posted for the world to see. I'm so happy to be able to have photos taken of myself with my family again.
  • juskaima
    juskaima Posts: 8 Member
    Having my 26yo son hug me and say...wow...you are getting smaller....there is not as much to hug!
  • KyleneSusan
    KyleneSusan Posts: 68 Member
    I walked 6 miles today. I haven't walked that far in a very long time. And it felt AWESOME!
  • Well done everyone :)) I'm just getting back to MFP after a while and it's nice to read these things again. My NSV is coming back on here :) I'm looking for new friends if you would like to add me feel free xxxx
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I got a workout on the weekend. I don't like to exercise around my husband, but I found a way to get in a quick round. We have gone for walks before, but the dumbbell routine is not something he's seen me do. I loose that momentum on the weekend when he's home. Not today! I think I might even get some cardio in while he sleeps!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    I wanted to get back into tennis after buying two racquets during a sale - played games on Saturday and Sunday. Talk about major calorie burning too! Feel like 2016 is on track after bingey holiday madness. Good luck everyone!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Last night, my bath towel wrapped around my body completely! It usually gapes at the hips, but I had at leas an inch of overlap :)
    THIS feels amazing. Well done!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    My daughter and I were having a "dance party" last night and I took my sweatshirt off and was just in a tank top and she asked me where my stomach went! Lol!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I only drank a fraction of the alcohol I usually do on some weekends. I have been struggling since Aug. to regulate myself as I seem to go all out and eat so much fast food as a result of drinking. I'm trying to find balance between 1 glass of wine or a couple of beers instead of a whole bottle of wine or a six pack+. I feel like I made great progress today.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I was able to eat enough to get to over 1200 calories yesterday - NSV because I had dental surgery last week and am only allowed mushy foods (see profile)
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    My husband and I went away on a holiday. The place we went to had a 25m pool. I do do aqaurobics, but have not been swimming lanes since 2007.
    Both of us swam 1km (40 lanes) on day 1. Not only that but it was relatively easy to do. I was not tired and not sore. Best part was; we did it again the day after, (still not sore then)

It made me realise that I am in so much better shape that I can pick up something like that and just do it and not having to pay with muscle soreness and feeling massively tired.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Another NSV today!

I bought some running tights online (I use them for cycling), both size Medium. They arrived today and I tried them on, whilst being a little intimidated by them too. One was good to wear and I rock it. The second I looked at it and thought. No way they are going to fit, but with a little jiggle I got them on. Not looking very nice but it fit.
    Husband and I agreed that the first pair was for now and the second one to work into my new goal pants.
    So I took off the labels. Only then I noticed that the second one was not an M at all, but an XS. Sure it was too tight for comfort, but OMG I got into an XS!!!!! Never fitted on one that size and now it is my maybe within 6 months goal. Really having trouble taking that in :-)
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Went out of my comfort zone yesterday and went cross country skiing! It was awesome! c5ys5qfp79s1.jpeg
    vol3l1pemy1v.jpeg
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    I worked out 5x this week using my new heart-rate monitor, I stuck (95%) to my diet (I can't just eat straight egg whites, so I put them on ONE eggo! and I was craving some fat on Thursday, but all I had in my desk was chocolate-covered almonds...I stuck to 11! lol), and I haven't had any alcohol since Saturday, January 2...even while watching the last Sunday of NFL games and playoff games this weekend! I prepared a week's worth of meals for myself and my husband last Sunday, and I'm doing it again today.

Tomorrow morning will tell me what kind of ON-SCALE Victory I had ;)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    MilllieMoo wrote: »
    spzjlb wrote: »
    I found a very old designer dress that I got for my 30th birthday. I am now 51. I had it cleaned and tried it on last night. It's stupidly big on me! Now wondering if I should have it altered or give it away...

If you love it, have it altered. Otherwise, give it away and treat yourself to something fabulous.

Get something new.

Thanks guys!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Went out of my comfort zone yesterday and went cross country skiing! It was awesome! c5ys5qfp79s1.jpeg
    vol3l1pemy1v.jpeg

Lovely!!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2016
    This morning my husband kept following me around the kitchen saying how good I looked. Then he made a comment about how two of his friends "can't get a girl between the two of them" and how he's sitting at home with such a pretty wife. It made my day. He's also been much more physically affectionate lately >:) .

Also, he was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic and has been making significant changes in his diet. He recently complained because someone threw away a wrapper and he didn't have a chance to check the carbs/sugars. HA!! Now he knows how I've felt for the past 10 months when I was working on losing weight and he was continuing life (ie eating) as usual.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!