60lbs to lose by August 20th 2016

Replies

• asyk805
    asyk805 Posts: 125 Member
    @katiemstamey You're getting your video up today aren't you? Send me a link when it's ready, I'd like to see it.

@bsbprincess Next spring is plenty of time to get buff for that wedding and honeymoon. I too need to work on my arms. I love to wear sun dresses and tube top dresses in the summer and they look much better with toned arms. As for the belly button ring, I went to get one once. I chickened out. Ended up getting a tattoo around my belly button instead.

@krbkrat You are such a cutie in that profile pic and I love your non numeric goals!

@aprilwebber Thank you so much for starting this group. I won't get to chat with you as much as I would like as we are on opposite schedules but I'll still be here to push you on. And I agree with Krbkrat, if you aren't comfortable on the scales yet find an outfit you want to fit into and use that as your guide for now.

@queenjaquita Welcome to the group. Like you more, I find that more accountability is always welcome.

@farbs Kids are a great reason to want to get healthy. How old are yours? I have a 6 year old that I want to be able to keep up with. He runs off and leaves me now when we bike together.

@kkgines333 Welcome to the group. I too am working on loving myself again. Let's do this together.

@majorjajomo Welcome to the group. In another post/section someone mentioned how they never really saw themselves as fat/fluffy until the saw pictures of themselves. This is me too. Hopefully we can all work together so you can look great in those family photos.

@Jetamu96 Germany?!?! Take me with you. I love to travel. I am taking my grandma and munch to the Grand Canyon in July but would love to get to another country this year.

@bellkat31 Welcome to the group! Great job on losing 6 lbs the first week. Just remember, unfortunately, it won't always come off that fast. But slow and steady and we shall get there.

@nadiabooboo Welcome to the group. I know how it is to yo yo with one's weight. I can go all week and be fairly good then the weekend comes and I spaz out. :( Blah. That's going to be when I need most of my support, on the weekends.

@wolfect Get your booty in gear. 2 years without making a change is too long. Make a commitment to get those pounds off in the next 8 months. Lots of support here to help.

@Dezi1992 Calories in vs calories out are often more important than exercise when losing weight. I am working on looking at food in a new way and eating less processed foods. I am adding exercise in a little as I go and trying to incorporate that in with my kid as well. So maybe you can line the kids up and have them exercise with you.

@akdz12 Welcome to the group. You have taken the first step in finding a group to help hold you accountable.

@BabyLovesToRun It great to have someone in here that's been at it for a while. Why don't you share some tips and tricks with us. Please?

@mzvalentin I love food too! I am trying to learn to love healthy foods though and everything in moderation. So rather than eat that little piece of candy for 60 calories I can have radish soup in chicken broth or celery and salsa.

@joannemarchand135 Welcome to the group!

@Goldfiver Let's put your girlfriend to shame this year for saying something like that. We will be here to help motivate you and make sure you are smoking hot by the end of the year.

@mooresy101 Maybe we can come up with some healthier snacks so you can still snack some but not as often and with less calories. Like celery and salsa...one of my favorites. and it's about 35 calories. or an apple and laughing cow cheese, a little more filling and 115 calories or so. Sipping on low sodium chicken broth some may also help.

@Abbie918 I'm also often surrounded by skinny minnies. It will be nice to shed some of this weight and feel more comfortable with myself.

@StayFocus4Life going to see your son is a great reason to want to shed those extra pounds! Looks like lost of people have goals for the summer.

@kesslemg Thankfully my munch is pretty good about trying new foods. I just need to get better about making them and not relying on processed foods so much. I'm a single mom who works full time and finds it's easier to have spaghetti o's or cereal for dinner rather than try to make something healthy with less calories.

@randilast Great job on losing 20 already!

@clioandboy Like you I need to do this for me. Others say of you don't look that big, don't let it bother you, yada yada yada but I am not happy in my own skin and I need to be happy and healthy to be an example for my kid.

@KarynsPlanit The lose it by August 20th crew has become a large crew. Hope to see you around over the next 8 months.

@fitnforward Hope to see you around the group. Seems like there are a lot of us in the 60 lb range and it would be nice to see this through together.

@RnS2015 Welcome to the group!

@christine0715 Everyone is welcome to join! The more the merrier. Hopefully the next 6 months will have you celebrating your birthday as a much healthier person.

@sooch39 I admire you for going to the gym before work. I can not seem to work out in the mornings. I try to get a little exercise in here and there during the day and some at night but I need to be more diligent about it.

@KristinB2016 I am not at the heaviest I've ever been except for the end of my pregnancy. I am disgusted with myself but am looking to the future and not the past. Good luck!

@susanskavanaugh Welcome to the group and to MFP. I've been on and off MFP for years but hope to really stay with it this time.

@MaGrl523 Welcome to the group! Hope to see you around.

@BerylX Welcome to the group. Here's to being hot and healthy come summer.

@jenniplayer Keep watch of everything you put in your mouth. You've done this once and you can do it again.

@tiffakneeb Welcome to the group. Baby steps and hopefully we will all reach our goals.

@ccgirl10 I have found that dieting doesn't work for me. I need it to be a lifestyle change and I need to stop falling back into my old habits of eating, easier said then done but that is one of my non scale goals.

@kmeadows225 Welcome to the group. Help we can help provide the support you need!

@JennieMaeK You hit it on the head, it is great to have friends with similar goals. Hopefully we can all do this together.

@darciek1973 You're a beast (in a good way) Trying to do this on the road. I would say planning ahead for meals should be a big priority for you.

@lariel69 Welcome to the group!

@trishajo80 Congrats on the engagement! You've picked a good time to start. Looks like a great group of motivators here.

@averiesmomma1 Welcome to the group! Hope we can help provide the motivation that you need to succeed.

@ZooRN Summer is still a few months off. Let's get started and work on making that a big dent!

@ECG1205 Welcome to the group! It always helps to have people to help hold one accountable. Hopefully we can provide that for you.

@denisemcjohnson That mule won't know what hit him. :)

@tracyburl Welcome to the group!

Wow, it looks like there are lots of ladies with the same goals for the upcoming months. If I missed someone I apologize.
    I hope everyone has a great day! I have started drinking my lemon water already and have my breakfast/lunch and snack at the office with me.

• rachelmn29
    rachelmn29 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I would love to Buddy up! I am turning 40 on August 1st and my little sister is getting married on July 31st. I go up and down weightwise. I drop weight and work out then get too busy and lose ground then have to start over which is frustrating I want to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday and feel strong and healthy and have habits in place that won't erode as easily as they have in the past! 2016 will be my year!
  • aprilwebber
    aprilwebber Posts: 18 Member
    asyk805 wrote: »
    @katiemstamey You're getting your video up today aren't you? Send me a link when it's ready, I'd like to see it.

@bsbprincess Next spring is plenty of time to get buff for that wedding and honeymoon. I too need to work on my arms. I love to wear sun dresses and tube top dresses in the summer and they look much better with toned arms. As for the belly button ring, I went to get one once. I chickened out. Ended up getting a tattoo around my belly button instead.

@krbkrat You are such a cutie in that profile pic and I love your non numeric goals!

@aprilwebber Thank you so much for starting this group. I won't get to chat with you as much as I would like as we are on opposite schedules but I'll still be here to push you on. And I agree with Krbkrat, if you aren't comfortable on the scales yet find an outfit you want to fit into and use that as your guide for now.

@queenjaquita Welcome to the group. Like you more, I find that more accountability is always welcome.

@farbs Kids are a great reason to want to get healthy. How old are yours? I have a 6 year old that I want to be able to keep up with. He runs off and leaves me now when we bike together.

@kkgines333 Welcome to the group. I too am working on loving myself again. Let's do this together.

@majorjajomo Welcome to the group. In another post/section someone mentioned how they never really saw themselves as fat/fluffy until the saw pictures of themselves. This is me too. Hopefully we can all work together so you can look great in those family photos.

@Jetamu96 Germany?!?! Take me with you. I love to travel. I am taking my grandma and munch to the Grand Canyon in July but would love to get to another country this year.

@bellkat31 Welcome to the group! Great job on losing 6 lbs the first week. Just remember, unfortunately, it won't always come off that fast. But slow and steady and we shall get there.

@nadiabooboo Welcome to the group. I know how it is to yo yo with one's weight. I can go all week and be fairly good then the weekend comes and I spaz out. :( Blah. That's going to be when I need most of my support, on the weekends.

@wolfect Get your booty in gear. 2 years without making a change is too long. Make a commitment to get those pounds off in the next 8 months. Lots of support here to help.

@Dezi1992 Calories in vs calories out are often more important than exercise when losing weight. I am working on looking at food in a new way and eating less processed foods. I am adding exercise in a little as I go and trying to incorporate that in with my kid as well. So maybe you can line the kids up and have them exercise with you.

@akdz12 Welcome to the group. You have taken the first step in finding a group to help hold you accountable.

@BabyLovesToRun It great to have someone in here that's been at it for a while. Why don't you share some tips and tricks with us. Please?

@mzvalentin I love food too! I am trying to learn to love healthy foods though and everything in moderation. So rather than eat that little piece of candy for 60 calories I can have radish soup in chicken broth or celery and salsa.

@joannemarchand135 Welcome to the group!

@Goldfiver Let's put your girlfriend to shame this year for saying something like that. We will be here to help motivate you and make sure you are smoking hot by the end of the year.

@mooresy101 Maybe we can come up with some healthier snacks so you can still snack some but not as often and with less calories. Like celery and salsa...one of my favorites. and it's about 35 calories. or an apple and laughing cow cheese, a little more filling and 115 calories or so. Sipping on low sodium chicken broth some may also help.

@Abbie918 I'm also often surrounded by skinny minnies. It will be nice to shed some of this weight and feel more comfortable with myself.

@StayFocus4Life going to see your son is a great reason to want to shed those extra pounds! Looks like lost of people have goals for the summer.

@kesslemg Thankfully my munch is pretty good about trying new foods. I just need to get better about making them and not relying on processed foods so much. I'm a single mom who works full time and finds it's easier to have spaghetti o's or cereal for dinner rather than try to make something healthy with less calories.

@randilast Great job on losing 20 already!

@clioandboy Like you I need to do this for me. Others say of you don't look that big, don't let it bother you, yada yada yada but I am not happy in my own skin and I need to be happy and healthy to be an example for my kid.

@KarynsPlanit The lose it by August 20th crew has become a large crew. Hope to see you around over the next 8 months.

@fitnforward Hope to see you around the group. Seems like there are a lot of us in the 60 lb range and it would be nice to see this through together.

@RnS2015 Welcome to the group!

@christine0715 Everyone is welcome to join! The more the merrier. Hopefully the next 6 months will have you celebrating your birthday as a much healthier person.

@sooch39 I admire you for going to the gym before work. I can not seem to work out in the mornings. I try to get a little exercise in here and there during the day and some at night but I need to be more diligent about it.

@KristinB2016 I am not at the heaviest I've ever been except for the end of my pregnancy. I am disgusted with myself but am looking to the future and not the past. Good luck!

@susanskavanaugh Welcome to the group and to MFP. I've been on and off MFP for years but hope to really stay with it this time.

@MaGrl523 Welcome to the group! Hope to see you around.

@BerylX Welcome to the group. Here's to being hot and healthy come summer.

@jenniplayer Keep watch of everything you put in your mouth. You've done this once and you can do it again.

@tiffakneeb Welcome to the group. Baby steps and hopefully we will all reach our goals.

@ccgirl10 I have found that dieting doesn't work for me. I need it to be a lifestyle change and I need to stop falling back into my old habits of eating, easier said then done but that is one of my non scale goals.

@kmeadows225 Welcome to the group. Help we can help provide the support you need!

@JennieMaeK You hit it on the head, it is great to have friends with similar goals. Hopefully we can all do this together.

@darciek1973 You're a beast (in a good way) Trying to do this on the road. I would say planning ahead for meals should be a big priority for you.

@lariel69 Welcome to the group!

@trishajo80 Congrats on the engagement! You've picked a good time to start. Looks like a great group of motivators here.

@averiesmomma1 Welcome to the group! Hope we can help provide the motivation that you need to succeed.

@ZooRN Summer is still a few months off. Let's get started and work on making that a big dent!

@ECG1205 Welcome to the group! It always helps to have people to help hold one accountable. Hopefully we can provide that for you.

@denisemcjohnson That mule won't know what hit him. :)

@tracyburl Welcome to the group!

Wow, it looks like there are lots of ladies with the same goals for the upcoming months. If I missed someone I apologize.
    I hope everyone has a great day! I have started drinking my lemon water already and have my breakfast/lunch and snack at the office with me.

Welcome everyone! This has grown so much more than I thought it would lol. I was expecting only a few responses :P

I hope everyone has an awesome day, please comment and share how you're doing and how you make out!

Last night I got some serious snack cravings, but I remembered that I made a smoothie at dinner, included it in my log, and stuck it in the fridge for later for just such a moment. I had completely forgot about it but was very happy when I remembered it was there and already accounted for lol.

@asyk805 you sound like you're already on track to have a great day! We're all rooting for you! And mmm lemon water. Think I'm going to have to start doing that!

• DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    I'm interested in what I see in this thread. :tongue:
    I have 56 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me (please add a message about this thread, trying to sift through friends :) )
  • krbkrat
    krbkrat Posts: 85 Member
    Cheers to Tuesday MFP friends! Meals planned and accounted for...under calories if I stick to it!
  • ccgirl10
    ccgirl10 Posts: 8 Member
    @krbkrat @bsbprincess @aprilwebber

I totally can relate to wanting to be picked up!!! My hubby used to pick me up all the time when we were dating, piggy back rides etc and now that I think about it I can't remember the last time he picked me up which makes me more than a little sad. I currently weigh 193 lbs and I'm 5'2" and I carry all my weight in my gut/butt. My hubby is looking to lose about 15lbs that he has gained since getting a less active job last July, but he still only weighs 195lbs at 6'1" so I am constantly paranoid about weighing more than him. Looking forward to feeling good about my body again!!
  • RnS2015
    RnS2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Jetamu96 wrote: »
    My guy is really sweet. He's actually picked me up before (though I hated every second and I know he wasn't having an easy time). I want to have that movie moment where I run and jump into his arms <3

I think the majority of us want this, or at least I do! :#
  • Flab2Fab32
    Flab2Fab32 Posts: 23 Member
    I am totally in!! I need friends to motivate me and keep me going. I am on day 2 of my many attempts at MFP. August 20th is my birthday and I would love to be 60lbs lighter! Please add me!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Taking today off from exercise. Back was bothering my through the whole thing yesterday and pushed it more. Was killing me last night.. and it's still hurting so I gotta rest :( I hope it heals up soon. I really need a better loss this week than what I saw yesterday for the week before. Hope you lovely people all have a great day!
  • wolfect
    wolfect Posts: 61 Member
    Planned my meals and a nice walk to 5 locations near me that sell Powerball tickets :)
  • HannahAldo
    HannahAldo Posts: 9 Member
    I have the same amount of weight to lose but I have 14 months till my wedding! Anyone who needs friends to help motivate feel free to add me! ❤️
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Hi, I would like you to add me, I am looking to lose approx 70lbs by Aug, I am 6lbs down and into my 2nd week. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia so find it very difficult to exercise. Maybe we could help each other. Justine
  • gquesnelle
    gquesnelle Posts: 206 Member
    Trying to lose about 70, in it for the long run! Feel free to shoot me a friend request. :)
  • houseoftoes
    houseoftoes Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have the same sort of goal. I wanna lose 60+ pounds by summer so I can jump from a plane. I have already started back in the 4th and am down 9.2 pounds and 1.7% body fat. I am doing Keto and love it!

Plenty of sources for recipes, tips and advice. Get a Pinterest account if you already don't have one. Awesome app to start a board with all the foods you wanna try or just need to keep handy for the recipe.
  • HubbyCallsMeAL
    HubbyCallsMeAL Posts: 3 Member
    I am new to this, and I am in desperate need of support and motivation.

I signed up maybe over a year ago and haven't done anything. I would love to lose 70+ pounds.

I am Asthmatic and Diabetic, and I know that having a great support system is one of the main reasons that I lost weight before.

My daughter and I are doing this together. She is fifteen years old and one of the reasons I wanted to do this was for her. I don't want her to go through High School being bullied or ridiculed because of her weight.

I am glad for this forum, we need all the help we can get too! Please add me, everyone and I hope to talk to all of you soon! I am trying to be good and log into this at least once a day or maybe more :)
  • rachelmn29
    rachelmn29 Posts: 2 Member
    My daughter is 15 as well and needs to drop some weight so we are doing this together as well! I have alot more to lose but we both are committed to keeping the junk out of the house and make good choices together. There is power in numbers and support! I hope we can keep up with each other! I
  • ccgirl10
    ccgirl10 Posts: 8 Member
    Today is my 2nd day really keeping track and staying within my calorie goal and my cravings are insane!! Probably doesn't help that I work at a Chocolate factory and temptation in everywhere!! Trying to keep drinking my water and not go visit the Quality Control dept looking for samples!!

Hoping after a couple days my cravings get better and my will power stays strong!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

Hello April and everyone! It looks like there are a bunch of ladies here with the same kind of weight loss goal as me - I'd like to lose 50-60lbs, but don't have a set date to achieve that. By the end of the year would be fantastic, but I think it's more likely it'll take me a couple of years. It didn't go on fast so it's not coming off fast! :)

I just signed up here yesterday, and am logging my food for the first time today. I find it annoying, but I need to know how much I'm actually eating rather than just what I think I eat! I like to snack, especially when I'm bored, so being unemployed would be a much larger problem if I could afford to stock the house with high-cal snacks! I have cut down somewhat from when I was working (there were free snacks and fabulous cooked lunches where I used to work!), but I need to find healthy and cheap substitutes so if anyone can point me towards some suggestions that would be fantastic!

A little about me: my name's Sue, and I'm a Brit living in Canada. I had a milestone birthday in October (fortynine-and-twelve-months *coughcough*) and I appear to be heading into the menopause, so I don't know how much those things might affect the ease of losing weight as I hear it's harder the older you get. I don't feel 'old' - in my mind I'm still in my twenties (maybe younger!) - but sometimes my body feels more like it belongs to an old lady. It's time to do something about it (again)!

I tried a diet a few years back and lost about 24lbs, but it involved meal replacement shakes and that's not sustainable for me. I need solid food or I don't think I've eaten, no matter how nutritious a shake is! I kept the weight off for a short time, then took a sedentary job and all those pounds crept back on again and brought some friends with them! I know that what I really need to do is change my eating habits permanently, but with a husband and son who are fussy about what they eat and also love snacks and treats it's going to take some effort to find healthier meals that everyone will eat.

I also have some difficulties with exercising due to long-term back problems, but I dug out the old Wii Fit that I haven't used in years and have done 20-30 minutes of stretching, balance games and light aerobics every day since Jan 2nd. It's not exactly a high-intensity workout, but when you're starting out any movement is better than none, right? :)

krbkrat wrote: »
    Do y'all have any non-numeric goals...???

Yes!! Besides being able to fit into some old favourite clothes that I still keep, I would really love to be able to wear my wedding and engagement rings again. I've been married 26 years but only wore them for the first four... when I got pregnant my fingers puffed up so I had to take them off, and I've rarely been able to get them on again since then (even though I was nowhere near as heavy then as I am now). I wore my hubby's ring for a while, since he also put on some weight and his got tight, but I haven't been able to wear that either for a few years. I never wanted to get my rings resized, telling myself it would be an incentive to just lose the weight so I could wear them again, but apparently it wasn't enough of an incentive!

After my previous weight loss I was able to just about get them on, but they were still a bit tight. It was such a lovely feeling to finally be able to get those diamonds on my finger again, and I'd forgotten about it until I was thinking about writing this. I want to experience that feeling again! :)

Anyway - that was a lot more waffle than I'd planned to write! But if any of you lovely ladies would like to add me to your friends lists (like I said, I'm new so I don't really know how all this works yet), then please feel free to do so! I'm going to need some encouragement to keep going with this as I get disheartened easily, and I'd be happy to try and cheer others along in return! :smiley:
  • szymala1987
    szymala1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone
  • aprilwebber
    aprilwebber Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone

Hi and welcome! :)