What to eat when you're CRAVING sweets?

Options

Replies

• wykkedtruth
    wykkedtruth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    cestaimee wrote: »
    I try to reach for fruit first but if I'm feeling a little more indulgent, there are 60-calorie Jell-o sugar-free pudding packs that I keep on hand in the back of my fridge out of sight. :smile:

there is also a 5 calorie jello snack that works for me. But Im craving chocolate, Ive been doing protein cake in a mug but its not quite there yet. maybe I will add in some dark chocolate chips to authenticate it a bit more. Just craving chocolate haha
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A 'baked' (MICROWAVE!) pear!! So easy... core from the BOTTOM up... place in bowl or plate... drizzle 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup (I use Walden Farms 0 calorie syrup) over pear... sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger (or pie spices you like!) and microwave 3-4 min.!

x45yb4s2ojrc.jpeg
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lite Jelly! With fruit like strawberries! So good and so low cal! Perfect for a sweet craving :smile:
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sweets. I spent a couple really unsatisfying years of trying substitutes like sugar-free this and low-fat that and black bean "brownies" and chickpea "blondies" and banana "pancakes" and artic zero "ice cream" and yadda yadda yadda.

In the end none of the pseudo desserts could satisfying a craving in the way that the real thing can for me, despite all the time and energy I wasted trying to find something that did. Now I just try to tweak the rest of my day so that I can fit in whatever treat I'm in the mood for. In fact, I just discovered a heretofore hidden stash of Christmas cookies in the freezer that might necessitate adjusting some of my pre-logged meals. (Although I do often eat clif bars or luna bars and they're close enough to candy that maybe they help stave off cravings in the first place).

I do have to practice some moderation techniques, though, like "take one cookie and walk away" versus, "put the entire batch on a plate and go sit on the couch."
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have a pan of brownies in the oven right now.

that probably doesn't help anyone.....

lolol
  • lilmissdreday
    lilmissdreday Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A 'baked' (MICROWAVE!) pear!! So easy... core from the BOTTOM up... place in bowl or plate... drizzle 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup (I use Walden Farms 0 calorie syrup) over pear... sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger (or pie spices you like!) and microwave 3-4 min.!

x45yb4s2ojrc.jpeg

This is AMAZING!!

Can I ask what it means to 'core from the bottom up'? Never cored a pear before but really want to try this!
  • PteFabulous
    PteFabulous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast with splenda sprinkled on too! 200 calories (approx based on type of bread), helps you feel full because of the peanut butter and the splenda sweetens it up to get that fix!
  • thinnerme76
    thinnerme76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate made with semi skimmed milk and dark cocoa powder.

• CrumCPT
    CrumCPT Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually give in and then try to run it off on the treadmill :/
  • trevnik3bys
    trevnik3bys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made chocolate pudding. I know it sounds odd but the primary ingredient is avocado. Its pretty darn yummy!
  • fwbs71
    fwbs71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yo plait 100 calorie WHIPPED yogurt with raspberries or any fruit!! YUMMO!!
  • ThermoDust
    ThermoDust Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Raspberries & Pineapple Smoothie or if I am really willing to cheat, I go with Oh's Cereal... for that I need to pour it into a cup first and then remove the box from my eye sight.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nix143 wrote: »
    50 cals, lasts a good long time (as long as you don't crunch it!), feels 'naughty' if that is where your head space is. Sometimes if you want sweets have sweets - if you do CICO then a lolly is less that a lot of the solutions on this thread. :)

3w89oly6s9gy.png

I had this last night to do the job.

I sometimes has sugar free jelly with fat free yoghurt. Mix and put into the fridge, comes out like a mousse.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ice cream, cookies, etc...
  • jhillenbrand1
    jhillenbrand1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually go with some figs, apples, or a cutie orange.
  • feministanthem
    feministanthem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries (ones without a massive amount of sugar), a few banana chips, or sugar free gum!
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Apple sauce is my go to right now
  • robynmichelle14
    robynmichelle14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I figured out a solution. No sweets in the house and when i really want something I have to physically drive to the frozen yogurt place. When it's minus 20 I have to really want it and when I do go I don't feel too bad, and I can only have the amount I have room for. Seems to work a bit! Otherwise organic oranges are crazy good :smile:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    We have one of those Yonanas machines. Put a frozen banana (or whatever fruit) into it and it makes it into a frozen soft serve. Easy, tasty and you have total control over the ingredients.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I keep a chocolate bar in my fridge, if I need a little something I'll have a square, 50-90 calories depending on what kind i buy. In warm weather I'll get creamsicles or fudgsicles, very satisfying and 60 calories each.