5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Options

Replies

• amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hufflepie wrote: »
    I'm 5'2.5", still a WIP but I feel like I'm "halfway-ish".

SW: 191
    CW: 154
    1st GW: 150

I started in August of 2014, strength training with wee-baby weights and 5k training, while eating at a deficit, got more serious about it in January 2015 and used MFP to track everything for the first couple months. I dropped 15 lbs right away, another 5 slowly between March and August despite not exercising or tracking much. The last 10 dropped off between November and December, when I began running more and strength training again.

I didn't lose quite as much as I wanted to last year, but I'm okay with the slow pace, as I've really noticed a lot of changes in my habits for the better. Even when work is insane and I don't have time to work out, I'm either maintaining my wait or going down. I attribute that to things like not buying mochas 5x a week and drinking black coffee instead, getting off the train early and walking 30 minutes to work. I feel confident that these changes are going to stick with me forever.

The first milestone I want to hit is 150, but I'm not really sure what my goal weight is going to be after that. I'm currently switching gears to start weight lifting more seriously to see where that takes me. I want to concentrate more on reducing my body fat % and weightlifting seems to be the thing to do that. I also just want to be stronger.

f4eetcbywfsl.jpg

I don't have many pictures of me before I started losing, but this was me at a wedding in Sept 2014, and me a couple days ago.

Wow! Awesome!!
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1"...barely...

SW: 181
    CW: 119 ( maintain from 118-120)

I started in Nov 2014..reached my GW of 125 in August 2015..and have lost a little more, but maintaining above CW. I do strength-training mixed with HIIT 3-6 days a week.

qu25b30iaw5k.jpeg

You look amazing!
  • mirelicts
    mirelicts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks so good! Good job guys! Keep it up! I just started a few days ago I'm 5'2 cw 168 gw: 115-123 1stgw: 157
    Feel free to add me!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1"...barely...

SW: 181
    CW: 119 ( maintain from 118-120)

I started in Nov 2014..reached my GW of 125 in August 2015..and have lost a little more, but maintaining above CW. I do strength-training mixed with HIIT 3-6 days a week.

qu25b30iaw5k.jpeg

Wow you look absolutely Amazing, seriously huge congrats!!

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    2udt97qvppm6.jpg

You all have done so awesome, everyone looks great! I am 5ft 2in and currently 199 :'( Working very hard and hoping that soon I can post some inspirational pics like the ones I've seen here. For now I'll post a "before" pic for where I am currently. Keep up all the amazing work everyone!
  • hufflepie
    hufflepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    karenoconn wrote: »
    Hufflepie that change is huge! Well done!!
    Wow! Awesome!!

Thanks, ladies!

I forgot to add, anyone can feel free to add me on here. I suck at tracking things but love MFP for the inspiration.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I started December 2014
    SW 156
    CW 106
    GW under 110
    I've been maintaining since November, I'm 5'1

0f9t04kp01k8.jpeg
  • chelseakrenzke
    chelseakrenzke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't have a success story yet because I just started but I am almost 5'2 and am currently at 187 :( I started at 189. I am going to get down around 125 and reset my goals then if I need to. Although I've always been curvy so I think I would be happy and healthy around 120. I've always tried to lose weight as fast as possible but have learned that is not the way and I always end up gaining it back and then some. So slow and steady this time, I'd like to get down to my goal weight in a year at least. Seeing all of your success stories is very inspiring! If anyone wants to add me and help motivate each other feel free :)

You all are amazing, keep up the good work :)
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know it has already been said, but what an amazing job everyone has done in here. As a fellow shorty I know for a fact that we have a disadvantage of needing less calories then the other folks to lose but we CAN lose! You you ladies have done it.
    I don't have a Before Before pic, because I refused to allow anyone to take a picture of me. My highest weight was 137lbs. I am currently 110lb and have maintained between 106-112lb for the last few years. I'm on my way back down and will hit 100lbs or so by March.
    You can barely see me in my profile pic, but I am the tiny 5 footer in the front. There are more pics in my profile.

SW: 136
    CW:110
    GW:100

Shorty Power!
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1'' and current weight is 160. Goal weight is 125. I am big boned (. Large frame so look good at that weight!!! I have lost 2 pounds so far, started last week!!!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I have such a hard time visualizing what I might look like as I progress on my journey, so all of these photos are awesome! Way to go, ladies!

I'm 5' 2.75", started at 227 lbs, and have set my goal weight to 130, as it's the mid-high range for BMI (which I don't put complete stock in, but until I get closer, it's an approximate goal). I mentioned to my counselor that that was my goal and she seemed to think it was WAY too low. Looking at some of these photos, I think it's just about right. Of course, everyone has a different body composition, and I care more about how I feel than the number on the scale. A few years ago I was doing really well and got down to 165 and felt great, so who knows -- maybe I'll be happy at 150! Also tracking my body fat and body muscle percentages and taking measurements, so I can work on gaining more muscle.

I would love to have friends with similar goals and who keep their diary open to friends. I love viewing others' diaries from time to time for inspiration. Cheers and keep up the great work!
  • Misrav17
    Misrav17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    phys72 wrote: »
    you all look great. Congrats!

Anyone here in their 40's? I'm 134lbs and 5'2' and would love to get down to 120. I have been trying for awhile now and my body is really not on board with this idea. I'm feeling defeated and would love to see at least a couple pounds come off so I know it's possible. Any words of wisdom from any ladies my age?

• Misrav17
    Misrav17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Phys72,

I'm in my 40's, 5'3' and also have the same goal! I currently at 154 and would love it if you could add me so that we can motivate and support when needed.

Please feel free to add me, my diary is open!
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi. These are such great motivational stories and pictures. Thank you everyone.

I'm 4' 11"
    HW: 145 lbs
    SW: 140 lbs
    LW: 112 lbs
    GW: 110

CW: 126 lbs

I've gone up and down in weight in the past 5 years. This time around, it's going to stick and I'm going to maintain around 110 lbs for a long while once I get there. I'm just going to go ahead and be positive. It's going to happen!!!

We can all achieve our goals with the persistence and willpower that I know we all have! :)
  • jenniferclark675
    jenniferclark675 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi i am new... i just started using mfp daily and bought a activity band. it was my new years resolution. i had to wait until i knew it was really something i wanted to do and for my own reasons that way i will stay motivated to loose. i am 31 and 4'11 my sw: 183.9 and my current weight is 175.5 goal weight is 125. i have a ways to go but you guys are keeping me on track. i will post before and after pics once i hit 165!
  • CindiisFitnessJourney
    Options
    Hello Girlies! I'm also new, im 22, 5"1 and i've just found this website! I think it's amazing to show such support for each other and hope we can all grow together.. or rather shrink ;) SW:176 CW:176 GW: 130. I've been doing biginner ab workouts for 5 days now and started the gym today! Fingers crossed for all of us!!
  • corrinrosales5
    corrinrosales5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the shorties in here getting their sexy back!!!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm (4' 11.75") I just say 5' currently 186lbs
    Heaviest weight 236lbs (2009)
    Total lost so far is 50lbs
    Current Goal is 150lbs maybe 130lbs

Will be 50yrs old Jan 15th

i350gh6r7oyk.png
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" currently 186lbs
    Heaviest weight 236lbs (2009)
    Total lost so far is 50lbs
    Current Goal is 150lbs maybe 130lbs

i350gh6r7oyk.png

Oh and I'm about to be 50yrs old on Jan 15th
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!