Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Joan6630 - I can relate! I had a few days last week that I wanted to literally eat the world! And of course busted into the chips and other things. I thought buying "healthy" beet and sweet potato chips would be a good thing. Not when you eat half the bag while sitting on the couch! So I was mad at myself too!
    I am so glad that I found this app 3 months ago and connected with awesome people who are in the same boat and struggle with the same things. It's so nice to share and know that I have support and I am not a crazy person who can't control the food intake at times! I wondered today, if you are the type of person who loves food and eating, will you always be that person, even after you lose weight? I kind of think so, that even when I hit my goal I will have to always be aware and working at it. Kind of depressing in a way! But I guess if I know that about myself, then I can learn from it and take action!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm below 100kg!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I've been lurking on this site for a couple days now. I also like the idea of a place to post regularly. I have been on mfp for awhile. Struggled with actual weightloss, but I have made some positive changes in diet. I love working out, but currently quite inconsistent with it. I need to get back on track! I have a good 50lbs to lose. Lost .6 last week...I'll take it! LOL! I'm a 47 year old mama of 2 teenagers. Married and work full time.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    So I was doing really good before the Christmas break then I got 2 weeks off of work and did not go to the gym once. I then decided to have one too many cheat meals, and when I returned to work I kept right on track with eating bad. I have until April to start dropping the pounds before a family trip to Disney and I do not want to be mistaken for Ursula while I am there. Yes the fact that I am a man with a beard will not stop it from happening kids see what they want to see ( that was a joke)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to those that are new here! :)

@mweckler you crack me up!!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yay-I hit 11,000 steps yesterday! Lets see if I can get there today!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You GUYS!!! OH.MY.GOSH!!!

I started on MFP on January 2nd.. I quickly dropped about 2 lbs in a couple days, so I wrote that off as just that my stomach was full of new years food lol. I weighed that Monday and I was 187.4. Since then I've barely lost any weight, we're talking under a pound. BUT, today I took my measurements again just hoping for a miracle and I LOST AN INCH AROUND BOTH MY HIPS AND MY WAIST!!! This is SO what I needed today to keep me going.

It's working :D
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that I was once 220lbs
    My success is that I got down to 150lbs
    My frustration is that I'm now 165lbs

So here I am, back at it trying to finish where I left off and reach a goal weight of 140lbs.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You GUYS!!! OH.MY.GOSH!!!

I started on MFP on January 2nd.. I quickly dropped about 2 lbs in a couple days, so I wrote that off as just that my stomach was full of new years food lol. I weighed that Monday and I was 187.4. Since then I've barely lost any weight, we're talking under a pound. BUT, today I took my measurements again just hoping for a miracle and I LOST AN INCH AROUND BOTH MY HIPS AND MY WAIST!!! This is SO what I needed today to keep me going.

It's working :D

That's amazing. It definitely comes off slower than your mind wants it to. I just keep telling myself that .8lbs here and .5 lbs there add up over time. I also find that I tend to gain a little before I lose or after working out (not really sure why). I trend my weight on Happy Scales and that prevents a mental panic moment. Taking measurements is great because sometimes you notice that before the scale drops.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Would Love some MFP friends! Its nice to have people to cheer you on and to keep you going! I have been on and off here for a few years now, and this year I really want to reach my goal! Please add me!
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been logging and using myfitnesspal again for two weeks, on off for a few years now.. i better get weighed this next few days but i'm dreading it. I think i'm scared its not working. What do you tell yourself so you can believe this is going to work.. I've tried so many times in the past and I just give up at my slow progress.. I don't seem to be able to get under 10 stone..
  • Greenbirdsmom
    Greenbirdsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just refuse to give up I take the good with the bad and just started goi g thru a local Hosp for weight loss. I know it's a long road but we all can get there don't give up
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Its great to see so many new people getting involved on this thread, cheering everyone on.
    My step count and exercise program is going great :) I think i need to add in some more weights so that may be something to start looking in to :).
    Hope you are all having a great day. Just keep being awesome :smiley: and don't forget to happy dance when you reach your targets.

q92ybyvq77tm.jpg
  • LWilkowski
    LWilkowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you guys stayed motivated? Weight loss has been a struggle with me for about 25 years. I've now got a friend and we're trying to be accountable to each other in regards to walking more. As usual I do good for the first few days, but then I just loose interest.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    LWilkowski wrote: »
    How do you guys stayed motivated? Weight loss has been a struggle with me for about 25 years. I've now got a friend and we're trying to be accountable to each other in regards to walking more. As usual I do good for the first few days, but then I just loose interest.

I think weight loss has been a struggle for most if not all of us here. I have yo yo dieted for over 20 years, believing all the hype diets and trying probably most of them only to realize that they don't really work. This is the only thing that works for me and is a realistic way to lose weight. I haven't found any other diet that allows me to eat exactly what i want and still lose weight. Don't get me wrong i have on some days gone over my calorie allowance and felt like i could eat everything in sight, but I just write it off to life that we live and enjoy it, and then get straight back to it the next day. Coming on here every day and being honest about how its going and realising that everyone as the same issues is a great motivator as are the great people on this thread. SO if you stick with us i am sure we will all get through it together :smiley:

Good luck :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Holy Shy! You and I really are twins!! Haha! I literally was thinking of that very thing yesterday and thought I'm going to post it in the group and see if anyone can relate. It is feeling uncomfortable with how you look when you see people from the past!! I was at work yesterday and saw a guy I used to know in high school, and immediately thought oh great, here I am 25 years later, a blob!! As it turns out, it wasn't even that guy! So I was beating myself up about being overweight, and was embarrassed and didn't even want to say hi, and meanwhile I'm an idiot because it wasn't even someone I knew!! And also why do we care so much about gaining weight after 25 years and kids and all the rest of it. Have we looked at all the guys and how they have changed? They weigh way more now and are bald or grey. Anyway, it's just frustrating to feel unhappy with how you look, like not wanting to go to that 40th bday party. I totally feel you and have felt exactly that!!!

Well, I decided I am going...damn it! It will be fun and I will dress cute and feel great about myself! Isn't it crazy we don't see the beauty in ourselves... Each of us are gorgeous! Believe that about yourself and you will be happy!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Hello everyone, i'd really like to join in here, I started on MFP some time ago now, lost a fair amount and just became a bit too relaxed about it all, so here I am back again having gained all the weight back, but this time with my lovely new Fitbit to help!
    I have about 50lb to lose in total to reach my goal, i've lost 6lb so far, and i've just started back on the C25K app and plan to get back to my yoga class very soon - any motivational help is much appreciated.

Join our group... There are a few of us doing a weekly challenge with the fitbit on here... Here is my profile: www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hello all :) Well I'm taking today off exercise. My back was bothering me during my workout yesterday (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2) but I pushed through. I paid the price all last night. It's been really bothering me so I need a rest. Eating as well as I can today. I just lost .5 lbs last week, so I really want a bigger number this coming Monday.

Way to give yourself a needed break... sometimes we don't see that and we keep pushing in turn hurting our ourselves and our journey forward. We all need days to heal! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear some of you ladies are struggling at the moment, it's so hard to stay on top of this all the time, especially weekends! I'd a good weight loss this week (-4lbs, woohoo!) but only because I had a quiet weekend. Next few weekends are busy with parties and nights out so will have to be really conscious and careful! I'm determined to get the €50 from ww though so that should help to keep me focused!!! Not often you get the chance to get money back off a company like that!!!

Awesome Tazzy!! =) Nice loss!! You will get that money back! I have faith in you!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    asutton548 wrote: »
    Hi would love to be part of this. Don't know if I'll be on every day but as often as I can. I've been trying to loose my last 15-20 lbs for 5 yrs and am determined to do it this year. Just getting started so I'm trying not to over whelm my self with making to many changes at once. Focusing on using the tracker and staying within my calorie range. 3 lbs down my first week.

Try one big change a week! I think that is a good focus... Like drinking lots of water, exercise program, cutting sugar... one step in the right direction every week! =) You can do this!